• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the last lemming standing is someone known as... ghost   appropriate   

it just wont stop  

I bet Jerrys favorite COD is Call of Duty Ghostz 

Posted Images

God, Phil's going in dry today eh Lems. Probably bringing back memories for Mala and doofy. 

:ben:

• dead 1
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, David P said:

No CoD on Gamepass is fucking crazy.

It was never gonna be on GP, the math doesn't add up for anyone who takes two seconds to do it.

people who only play CoD are still just gonna buy the game outright since it's a cheaper option if you plan on playing it for a year. id imagine that's a good chunk of the cod gamerbase (or they play something else like FIFA/GTA which is also not available on GP).

the rest of the people are potential subs, but many of them will already have GP so you're not adding any money, and those that don't already have gp will just sub for a couple months, get their cod fix and bounce - that's a loss over the normal pricetag.

the idea that these people playing cod were gonna sub to gamepass and then stick around to play Hellblade or some other garbage was always a pipedream.

Edited by Casual
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Casual said:

It was never gonna be on GP, the math doesn't add up for anyone who takes two seconds to do it.

people who only play CoD are still just gonna buy the game outright since it's a cheaper option if you plan on playing it for a year. id imagine that's a good chunk of the cod gamerbase (or they play something else like FIFA/GTA which is also not available on GP).

the rest of the people are potential subs, but many of them will already have GP so you're not adding any money, and those that don't already have gp will just sub for a couple months, get their cod fix and bounce - that's a loss over the normal pricetag.

the idea that these people playing cod were gonna sub to gamepass and then stick around to play Hellblade or some other garbage was always a pipedream.

I never said it was the most profitable thing to go about it but it always seemed like the plan behind the latest was to bring as much popular content to Gamepass as possible to make it grow. 

Im out if they raise the price. Ill just sub for a month when there is a game i want to play

2 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Im out if they raise the price. Ill just sub for a month when there is a game i want to play

yeah, i'll usually get a month or two of it when there are several games i want to play.

I almost canceled last month but then I wanted to play Manor Lords on PC. It's ok but its not worth the ah subscription 

Ill probably cancel after Hellblade 2. I dont have much confidence that the game is going to be good anyway. MS probably found some way to make it suck. If Avowed is good ill just buy that. Indy ill sub for. Both of those games will probably get delayed anyway.

I think Hellblade 2 will be good... but regardless, it deserves better marketing and support than what its getting from MS.  This could have been a big franchise for them if they would have pushed it to the next level... but here we are.  I'm sure it will be a gorgeous experience.. but nothing innovative or boundary pushing. 

Already have been without GP since Jan, feel like I've missed not.

The model is so obviously unsustainable, the idea of putting COD out on it was suicidal even for someone as large as MS. Being that big doesn't mean they enjoy losing out on money. 

House of cards starting to all come down 

• Upvote 1

Hellblade is a tricky one to market cause the people that don’t know about it and get hooked in by a commercial are gonna be pissed when they find out that it’s less than 5% gameplay. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

What happened to COD not on gamepass? :tom: 

if they make a COD-only gamepass, then it actually did NOT come to gamepass, because your Xbox GamePass, and even GamePass ultimate subscribers would still have to pay extra to get CoD.

So................yeah, that is the definition of "CoD did not come to gamepass" :RISITAS:

And the new tweet makes it very clear that this "change in tiers" that is coming is specifically because of CoD.

Your gamepass that YOUR NEPHEW has...........will not have CoD on it.

hence, CoD is NOT on gamepass :kaz:

Edited by jehurey