The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

yikes. thanks for the heads up.

I think more engaging story and characters would have helped with the monotony. Whats there isn't bad per se but there's just not enough of it and you start losing the motivation to keep playing when you go for long stretches at a time with little to no plot development. I think thats the difference between SMT and Persona. Just when you're feeling fatigued from a long dungeon Persona will throw some interesting story and character moments your way, but SMT's equivalent is just dropping you right into the next dungeon right after you just finished one :ben: 

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think more engaging story and characters would have helped with the monotony. Whats there isn't bad per se but there's just not enough of it and you start losing the motivation to keep playing when you go for long stretches at a time with little to no plot development. I think thats the difference between SMT and Persona. Just when you're feeling fatigued from a long dungeon Persona will throw some interesting story and character moments your way, but SMT's equivalent is just dropping you right into the next dungeon right after you just finished one :ben: 

yeah, i love the balance in the persona games.

Uncharted Legacy of thieves 

Dying light 2

Sifu

i should have waited a bit on dying light. I feel like I’ll barely touch it with how many games this month I’m buying.

Sifu so far though is fucking awesome. This may ending up being 2022s Returnal

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Just get it on EGS you dumbass :D 

Use the $14 coupon as well and it's only like $30.

What? I'm just glad it got the Dili seal of approval. He usually have good taste in action games and I trust his judgment. 

Game looks great but I don't mind waiting. What, you got an issue with waiting a few months all of a sudden? LOL

17 minutes ago, Ramza said:

What? I'm just glad it got the Dili seal of approval. He usually have good taste in action games and I trust his judgment. 

Game looks great but I don't mind waiting. What, you got an issue with waiting a few months all of a sudden? LOL

I'll be honest with you... I sort of only semi looked at the gif and thought it was a gif of a guy being angry.  I didn't read the words at all :D   I thought you were angry because Dili's saying it's good, but that you "couldn't get it yet" because it was on EGS.

If you're fine with waiting that's cool.  I'll let that cheap shot slide. :ahmad:

• Upvote 1

Finished Dying Light 2 after 43 hours.

The game has issues but I had a blast with it. I don't know why reviewers were so harsh when it came to the story. Its actually pretty entertaining and compelling overall even with the bits of rough VA and writing. I did a lot of side content but If I had exclusively followed the main campaign I would have been entirely satisfied with the experience. It helps that the missions are varied and interesting throughout. There are also quite a few likeable characters, with Rosario Dawson's being my favorite of the bunch. 

The traversal was a lot of fun too, especially as you unlock more moves and gadgets. I know there were complaints about how all that is locked at the beginning, but the progression makes sense when you think about it. The more you practice your parkour the better you get at it and the more efficiently you're able to move around.

Weakest aspect of the game was probably the combat. It can be satisfying but is also repetitive, and there's not much variety when it comes to the weapons.

Anyway its a 8.5/10 for me. Looking forward to getting back into the world and completing more of the side quests.

• Like 2

Finished God of War today.  Beat the Valkyrie Queen last night, cleaned up some remaining treasure hunts and the Muspelheim trials.

godachieve.png

Now gonna finish up the remaining stuff I have left to do in Death's Door, and then move on to RE4HD I think... before Elden Ring comes on the 25th :blessed:

I plugged in my NES and SNES mini yesterday. Playing through Super Castlevania IV. A true masterpiece and my favorite in the series. 

Also, to get in the spirit, played some Turtles 3 on NES. Fuck the game is hard as shit just like I remember. It’s not cheap or anything but one boss took like 40+ hits and I didn’t kill him. Needs to be co-oped. 

• Like 2

Went back to Pokémon Legends Arceus and finished it. Nintendo is so close to taking this  series to the next level. The gameplay loop of completing survey requests by capturing and fighting Pokémon while fulfilling different conditions was extremely well realized and addicting, even if I wasn’t such a big fan of the new gen Pokémon. If they can incorporate more classic Pokémon with the next game, upgrade the visuals, and make the world more lively (which includes adding in more towns/settlements and NPCs throughout the world) they will have a real gem on their hands. 

I almost want to call this the AC1 of 3D Pokémon games. You can see the potential and ambition but there’s still too many limitations. 

I enjoyed it overall though. Solid 8.0 for me.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Went back to Pokémon Legends Arceus and finished it. Nintendo is so close to taking this  series to the next level. The gameplay loop of completing survey requests by capturing and fighting Pokémon while fulfilling different conditions was extremely well realized and addicting, even if I wasn’t such a big fan of the new gen Pokémon. If they can incorporate more classic Pokémon with the next game, upgrade the visuals, and make the world more lively (which includes adding in more towns/settlements and NPCs throughout the world) they will have a real gem on their hands. 

I almost want to call this the AC1 of 3D Pokémon games. You can see the potential and ambition but there’s still too many limitations. 

I enjoyed it overall though. Solid 8.0 for me.

It would be nice if it was treated as a property that is worth as much as it is..  It's the biggest media franchise of all time...

I know the Switch isn't a powerhouse.. but they could really stand to up the production values and also get better performance of the Switch.  I mean look what Monolith Soft is getting out of the Switch, comparatively.  

44 minutes ago, Remij said:

It would be nice if it was treated as a property that is worth as much as it is..  It's the biggest media franchise of all time...

I know the Switch isn't a powerhouse.. but they could really stand to up the production values and also get better performance of the Switch.  I mean look what Monolith Soft is getting out of the Switch, comparatively.  

That’s the paradox with the series. It’s so successful even with the minimum upgrades they made for 20+ years. GameFreak also operates wholly separate from Nintendo and are not great developers. I do think they need outside help at least technically for their series. I’m going to play it after my son finishes it since I got it for him for his birthday.