The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

On 2023-08-08 at 6:48 AM, Sabo said:

Well, I finally decided to try Persona 4 Golden. 

I quit Persona 3 around the point where

Reveal hidden contents

dude with the beanie died

and I didn't really care for P5R. However, P4G seems to be pretty widely regarded as most fans favorite so I figured, "Fuck it, if I don't like this one then it's safe to say I just don't like the series".

I have hopes for this one though, out of all of them this one always sounded the most interesting. 

Edit- Ok... ummm... I don't know how to spoiler tag. My bad. Mod help plz

Edit 2- Thanks

P4G is great but I feel it would be tough to go back to P4 after the QoL improvement P5 did in regards to it's gameplay. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

P4G is great but I feel it would be tough to go back to P4 after the QoL improvement P5 did in regards to it's gameplay. 

It's way better than P5. Unless you can't stomach the repetitive dungeon design. 

14 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I replay old JRPGs all the time so I'm use to playing without QoL improvements.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah and can get pretty difficult, especially if you're trying to 100% levels. Worth checking out if you're on the look out for puzzle games

I’ll get a month of PSN :smoke:

So I've put in close to 10 hours into P4G so far and I'm enjoying it. A lot of it has to do with the writing, I find the writing in P4G to be so much better than P5R. I even find the characters to be more entertaining. I really didn't care for the cast in P5R so it was hard to care for any of their plights because I just found all the characters to be either generic or annoying.

Edited by Sabo
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Sabo said:

So I've put in close to 10 hours into P4G so far and I'm enjoying it. A lot of it has to do with the writing, I find the writing in P4G to be so much better than P5R. I even find the characters to be more entertaining. I really didn't care for the cast in P5R so it was hard to care for any of their plights because I just found all the characters to be either generic or annoying.

P4G definitely had a much tighter script. I love the characters from both games, but I can see P4G resonating with more players. Yukiko is bae af. 

edit: 

Spoiler

If you want the best ending and an extra dungeon (a super cool one too), make sure you max out your social link with Marie. 

Apparently if you want to see everything you have to do two playthroughs because a lot of stuff is locked behind a second playthrough. So I'm not really concerning myself with getting a Good/True ending on this playthrough, I'm just doing whatever I want.

10 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Apparently if you want to see everything you have to do two playthroughs because a lot of stuff is locked behind a second playthrough. So I'm not really concerning myself with getting a Good/True ending on this playthrough, I'm just doing whatever I want.

The true ending (which has all of the best battles) only requires one playthrough. 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Casual said:

As much as I love the Persona games, I always start to burn out halfway through. They're too long for their own good, imo.

I totally hear you. P5R just did not want to end. I had my fill of the game around the 60 hour mark but that game didn't want to end until the 120 mark. If that game was like 80 hours tops I probably wouldn't dislike it as much as I do.

31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The true ending (which has all of the best battles) only requires one playthrough. 

That's cool but I'm not going to bother chasing it. I'm just going to do what I want. I played P5R with trying to accomplish everything in one playthrough and the game just felt like such a chore, I'm not doing that again LOL. Especially since I'm actually enjoying P4G, I'm not trying to dampen that enjoyment.

• Upvote 1