The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

5 hours ago, モンキー said:

Finished Yakuza 0. Between that and Binary Domain, think Yakuza Studio is now one of my favorites. The story, presentation, graphics, sound, voice acting were all top notch. And most important the gameplay itself is fun as hell. Like a beat em up Shenmue game. 

That’s why I stopped I caring about shenmue 3 (though I just want to know how it ends). The yakuza games took its formula to much deeper places 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

On 10/2/2013 at 3:45 PM, Cubeaholic said:

Really enjoying Pikmin 3 right now.  This is my first time plaything a game in this franchise.  Pretty good so far.

Also just bought Wonderful 101 and will probably play a bit of it tonight.  Everything I have read about W101 on neogaf has been pretty stellar and I loved the demo.  Looking forward to playing this after it downloads.

When I get done with those two titles will pick up GTA5 for my XFLOP360.

his last post :(

On 9/30/2017 at 5:49 PM, -GD- said:

Nice! You are further than me. 

I've been playing it all weekend and am roughly halfway through chapter 3 already :ben:

Im curious to hear your thoughts regarding the end of chapter 1. That was the source of a lot of people's mixed thoughts on the game (i personally liked it). In fact, so far I think its a better game than 2.

Edited by Twinblade
13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I've been playing it all weekend and am roughly halfway through chapter 3 already :ben:

Im curious to hear your thoughts regarding the end of chapter 1. That was the source of a lot of people's mixed thoughts on the game (i personally liked it). In fact, so far I think its a better game than 2.

i loved it! just beat 1 last night. 

so far, i think these characters are good as 1's. Miu is my fave :11:

On Sunday, October 01, 2017 at 2:12 AM, モンキー said:

Finished Yakuza 0. Between that and Binary Domain, think Yakuza Studio is now one of my favorites. The story, presentation, graphics, sound, voice acting were all top notch. And most important the gameplay itself is fun as hell. Like a beat em up Shenmue game. 

モンキーさん! おまえのかい?

めっちゃ久しぶりやん!おかえりどうぞ!!

• Sad 1
19 hours ago, kokujin said:

モンキーさん! おまえのかい?

めっちゃ久しぶりやん!おかえりどうぞ!!

ねえ!はい、私です。ありがとうございました!

:lawd:

I took a nightly Japanese class recently at a nearby university for fun

Interesting language and cool people but I get the feeling that the Japanese don't really want you learning their language if you're foreign. They don't really expect you to speak it or get fluent in it, just know a few key phrases (if anything). The class had a few Japanese students interacting with us, and they were cool, but I definitely got that vibe. Not that they hate us, but it's in their cultural mindset. Good luck making genuine friends with any of them either, they're all timid as fuck, intimidated by anyone that's not Japanese. And good luck learning a language with no friends that speak it.

If you actually do speak it well, then they'll look at you like you're a complete weirdo, unlike other languages. They'll also supposedly try to downplay your abilities and talk to you in English, according to blogs. At that point, why bother learning it if you won't go the full way?

Learn Chinese folks, it's similar enough and they're actually impressed by foreigners learning it. Way less cultural baggage because they're more open.

Was playing White Day but it's annoying me at this point, need a break

About to start Stein's Gate Zero as soon as the update's done, hope it's good :TJ:

Also got Dragon's Dogma PS4 in the mailbox today, can't wait wait to replay this gem :rass:

27 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

I took a nightly Japanese class recently at a nearby university for fun

Interesting language and cool people but I get the feeling that the Japanese don't really want you learning their language if you're foreign. They don't really expect you to speak it or get fluent in it, just know a few key phrases (if anything). The class had a few Japanese students interacting with us, and they were cool, but I definitely got that vibe. Not that they hate us, but it's in their cultural mindset. Good luck making genuine friends with any of them either, they're all timid as fuck, intimidated by anyone that's not Japanese. And good luck learning a language with no friends that speak it.

If you actually do speak it well, then they'll look at you like you're a complete weirdo, unlike other languages. They'll also supposedly try to downplay your abilities and talk to you in English, according to blogs. At that point, why bother learning it if you won't go the full way?

Learn Chinese folks, it's similar enough and they're actually impressed by foreigners learning it. Way less cultural baggage because they're more open.

i'd be interested in knowing how korean compares in terms of cultural appreciation/acceptance.

Just now, Twinblade said:

i'd be interested in knowing how korean compares in terms of cultural appreciation/acceptance.

They're pretty open and encouraging as well, or at least in my experience of having a co-worker from Korea who was visiting the US temporarily.

It's mostly on account of Japan's unique history and being an island nation that its population has a recalcitrant culture that makes it tough for them to understand foreigners. They bring much cultural baggage to simple social interactions in my experience.

Last night I was playing FIFA 18 Ultimate Team but it is not my thing.

I bought FIFA 18 for the licenses, solid gameplay and excellent presentation so I'll stick to online seasons and career mode.

If I wanted a shitty fictional game, I would have bought PES 2018.

I'm developing a love/hate relationship with Gwent... The AI still cheats but now I have a lot of Hero cards so I can basically counter the bullshit with brute force if need be.

On another note, I downloaded MGSV and bought Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen about an hour ago, I'll probably hop onto one of these games after I finish Witcher. I still have Persona 5 and FF Type-0 to play through as well though so maybe I'll play of of those instead. Actually, I still have some unfinished stuff to do in GGXrd Rev 2 so I might just finish that up to get the Platinum over with. 

Ugh, it seems like I'm never making any progress through my backlog. It's like I finish one game and then two more get added to the list.

3 hours ago, Sabo said:

I'm developing a love/hate relationship with Gwent... The AI still cheats but now I have a lot of Hero cards so I can basically counter the bullshit with brute force if need be.

On another note, I downloaded MGSV and bought Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen about an hour ago, I'll probably hop onto one of these games after I finish Witcher. I still have Persona 5 and FF Type-0 to play through as well though so maybe I'll play of of those instead. Actually, I still have some unfinished stuff to do in GGXrd Rev 2 so I might just finish that up to get the Platinum over with. 

Ugh, it seems like I'm never making any progress through my backlog. It's like I finish one game and then two more get added to the list.

if you like the mechanics of gwent you should check out the standalone game. its mp focused so you don't have to worry about unbalanced AI (though it does have some hard challenges),

I'm almost done with Yakuza Kiwami. I maxed out Soul, Body and Tech trees but I think I will rush through the last few chapters, most of the side contents that remains is uninteresting to me and will devolve into a grind.

I'm gonna buy Danganronpa V3 after this.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm almost done with Yakuza Kiwami. I maxed out Soul, Body and Tech trees but I think I will rush through the last few chapters, most of the side contents that remains is uninteresting to me and will devolve into a grind.

I'm gonna buy Danganronpa V3 after this.

i'm loving it bro! the first chapter is godly!