• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Watchmen finale was an excellent ending to the first season. Pretty much everything tied up In a very satisfying manner. What a season. Lindelof absolutely nailed it

More like only season. If they do another, lindelof won’t be involved. I hope they don’t, because I felt good with how it all ended. 

56 minutes ago, -GD- said:

More like only season. If they do another, lindelof won’t be involved. I hope they don’t, because I felt good with how it all ended. 

Really?? Is that confirmed, regarding Lindelof not being involved moving forward? I wouldn’t mind it ending, was a perfect single season and no lingering mysteries. Just assumed it would be renewed since it has done well. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Really?? Is that confirmed, regarding Lindelof not being involved moving forward? I wouldn’t mind it ending, was a perfect single season and no lingering mysteries. Just assumed it would be renewed since it has done well. 

In the podcast (and you should really listen to those 3 podcasts, they're very pleasant) Lindelof said that when he decided to make this series, he thought about "why" should he make the series, and "why now?". So he says alot about the theme of "legacy" and "trauma" when it comes to why people wear masks, but also he used a current theme that is big in America at this moment: racial tension.

And if he were to make another season, he can't think of other themes or other threats. And if he just continues this story with these people, it probably just deflates the thematic impact of Season 1.

I don't know what HBO is going to do. I also don't think there should be a second season.

• Upvote 1

Knives Out is pretty damn good.

This is the same guy who made Looper. And apparently he gets shit for making The Last Jedi, but who fucking cares thats not his franchise.

Looper is a better example of what to expect. He's a clever writer. This movie starts out clever, and it only gets more complex.

I don't like movies who "flaunt" cleverness, but in this case its a Murder who-done-it, so it requires some sort of clever revelations and details.

With about 20 minutes left, the story looks like it can't hold itself together and its fixing to fall apart, but it regains itself at the very end. I'd say about 85% of everything fits well, which is impressive because there's more characters, and more complexity in this movie than there was with Looper.

17 hours ago, jehurey said:

Knives Out is pretty damn good.

This is the same guy who made Looper. And apparently he gets shit for making The Last Jedi, but who fucking cares thats not his franchise.

Looper is a better example of what to expect. He's a clever writer. This movie starts out clever, and it only gets more complex.

I don't like movies who "flaunt" cleverness, but in this case its a Murder who-done-it, so it requires some sort of clever revelations and details.

With about 20 minutes left, the story looks like it can't hold itself together and its fixing to fall apart, but it regains itself at the very end. I'd say about 85% of everything fits well, which is impressive because there's more characters, and more complexity in this movie than there was with Looper.

It’s not perfect, but it was fun. 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

That was probably the best episode of Mandalorian yet. The only bad part was that it was over too soon. These runtimes just aren’t enough. They need to be in the 50-60 minute runtimes. 

Spoiler

Qeell died :(

Edited by Optimus Jim
1 hour ago, Ike said:

That was probably the best episode of Mandalorian yet. The only bad part was that it was over too soon. These runtimes just aren’t enough. They need to be in the 50-60 minute runtimes. 

I couldn’t agree more! I love when they push the main arc forward. Lots of great scenes. Oh, how about that cliffhanger? 

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I couldn’t agree more! I love when they push the main arc forward. Lots of great scenes. Oh, how about that cliffhanger? 

Gus Fring being in this show is awesome. It ended so quickly but I loved the ending. Can’t believe there’s only one more episode left this season. An awesome thing too is that this episode and the other great episode, chapter 3, was directed by the person who’s going to be the show runner of the new Obi-Wan show with Ewan McGregor. 

• Upvote 1