• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

Episode 5. Quite good and memorable, and almost entirely centered on Geralt since they are now finally having him come across Yennefer, and it was funny throughout. I still think they aren't doing a good job demonstrating the change of time unless you're paying attention to a small piece of dialogue. 9/10

Episode 6: Not as memorable, and some things don't make sense, and it failed to have the proper special effects in certain parts. But the introduction to the Dwarves was awesome. I don't know Zoltan is specifically a CDPR character, or if he's part of the books. The head Dwarf clearly  seems like a stand-in for Zoltan.

"Overgrown cockhair" is the best line of the season.

I'd give that one a 7/10. I'll probably watch the final two episodes either later tonight or wait until Sunday evening.

23 hours ago, Optimus Jim said:

Star Wars is over. What a great way to end the decade. Saga of the century.

My name's not jimbojones - it's James Skywalker! That movie was for me.

A 50 year series ends and you guys are talking about some phony Witcher show. :cosby2:

23 minutes ago, Optimus Jim said:

A 50 year series ends and you guys are talking about some phony Witcher show. :cosby2:

you look like the guy who killed the cop and the prostitute in Heat

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Started watching the Witcher..... my goodness.... those CG effects look straight out of the 90s.... yikes :holeup:

Show has promise..but Netflix could have upped the budget for CG effects. 

The swamp set piece in the beginning uses a flat painted picture. It’s kind of funny tbh

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Bro...when I saw that I was like WTF.... is this the set of a middle school play? :drake:

That was low budget as fuck. 

Yeah, that scene should have been scrapped or better composited. The rest of the ep looked solid, though. I just finished 2. I’m digging the show, at least. 

This show would've been off da charts if they casted Yennefer, Eva Green. That'd be as perfect as Henry Cavil as Geralt.

But, since they are starting with her origin story, they needed a younger actress who has no problem showing off those tits.

Now Triss, on the other hand.........they better re-cast that in Season 2.

This is perfect for people to understand the timeline of the characters throughout the first season.

52emycael6641.jpg

Mind you that Season 1 is mostly comprised of the short story books.

This first season basically acts as a prologue to the first ACTUAL full-length novel that was written, Blood of Elves.

So technically, we're not even to the main story yet.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

This show would've been off da charts if they casted Yennefer, Eva Green. That'd be as perfect as Henry Cavil as Geralt.

But, since they are starting with her origin story, they needed a younger actress who has no problem showing off those tits.

Now Triss, on the other hand.........they better re-cast that in Season 2.

I’m fine with the casting 

To wrap up the season.

Episode 7. Nice episode, nicely connects everything, and it highlights a few pieces of dialogue that didn't make sense at the time of the first episode, and then sets up the final battle.  I would've liked to see them devote some time to explain what happened during those 12 years and the people that aren't there anymore. Just because they robbed us of 12-13 minutes of content, 8/10

Episode 8. Very cool battle. And unlike other shows, what happens in battle is interesting because of the things that Sorceresses can do, and weapons they have. Never saw a battle like that on other shows, however they should've done a better job to demonstrate that it was a long battle. Didn't know they would try to drop some hints on Geralt's upbringing, and at one point there was a sequence there that didn't make alot of sense, maybe it was meant to be mysterious. Still very nice way to end the season. 9/10