What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i have never seen Room, but i'll have to check it out.

does it involve 

Hide contents

someone sick, though? that will hit too close to home for me. 

No, it doesn't involve that. it doesn't tug at your heartstrings like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Watched Jungle Cruise with the fam.  That was a fun movie!  Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson have really good chemistry IMO.

Going to watch The Tomorrow War either later tonight or tomorrow at some point.  Any of you guys seen that one?  Is it any good?

Had the tv on late last night, and saw that Epic was playing Francis Ford Coppolla's The Conversation.

Never seen it before, so I sat down and watched it.

Obviously its a good movie. And it does a very good job of making you paranoid, even without having to be high. I can only imagine what this movie made people feel like when they weren't living in the age of NSA surveillance.

The part that I would say FEELS like a narrative flaw, probably isn't. Because its a by-product of its time, today, we associate high-tech surveillance with law enforcement agencies or high-tech companies.

The movie is set in the 70's, and it basically establishes freelancers as the ones who are creating these scary new surveillance techniques. Like they're the new private investigators for their time. Hired by corporations, and even law enforcement.

The only other thing that I might consider a "flaw" is that I expected the main character to do multiple "jobs" throughout the movie, but it begins and stays on just this one particular job. Its not a real flaw, I was expecting a longer, more comprehensive movie from Coppolla.

But I like how its a relatively short movie. The story is really tight. Near the end, it kind of gets a little Kubrick-line.

Some people say that this movie is his best movie, better than Godfather 1 and 2. After just viewing it, only once, I can't really say that.

Rewatched Big Fish last night. It’s probably the best Tim Burton film of the 21st century. It’s odd and quirky but grounded in the story of the son/father relationship. That ending scene where he tells his dad how he’s going to die still hits hard. Such a great film. 

8 hours ago, Ike said:

Also finished White Lotus, it might be recency bias but it’s my new favorite show of 2021. Binge it soon since it just finished. It’s a 6 episode self contained series. 

Yeah, I need to get around to that. 

That looks terrific, that will probably get me to sign up for AppleTV.

I like sci-fi in which the premise is based around a realistic and grounded task. And it conveys that premise properly without being confusing.

18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That looks terrific, that will probably get me to sign up for AppleTV.

I like sci-fi in which the premise is based around a realistic and grounded task. And it conveys that premise properly without being confusing.

It’s got 6 months free on PS5   

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/deals/6-months-trial-apple-tv-ps5-offer/

I think Jet and Faye look fine, Spike is so-so but i'll wait till i see his performance.

I'm honestly surprised Jet is black. It;s not something I ever thought about it in the show, but i guess it makes sense.