What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i love BCS a lot more, but....this is an incredible show, considering its source material. it's basically about a family of rich assholes. however, the writing and acting (cox is legendary) elevate the concept to best in class.

Yeah it's based on the Murdoch family. A very notorious and well known entity here in Australia. Makes it even more enticing to watch.

You talking about the quality of the writing if all I need. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah it's based on the Murdoch family. A very notorious and well known entity here in Australia. Makes it even more enticing to watch.

You talking about the quality of the writing if all I need. 

the dialog is easily the best on tv. razor sharp wit, sometimes with a venomous bite.

• Like 1

On Ep 5 of Beef. It’s definitely more drama than comedy, but it’s good, even unpredictable, stuff.  

Edit: my favorite thing is how I feel awful for the people used/exploited in this game of revenge. At the same time, I like the two flawed leads, even though they do bad things. 

• Upvote 1

I finished Beef. I definitely didn’t expect the last few chaotic acts. That was a hell of an ending lol. Overall, this was a fantastic ride that cruises through the first 5 episodes and then slams the gas in the second half. 

• Upvote 1

So Netflix dropped a lot Japanese and Korean movies/shows in March. My faves have been the High Low series. It's confusing because they're like 9 of them covering different aspects of the same world.

I've only watched "The Worse" series from the vid about so far but I loved them both. It's niche so if you liked The Warriors or movies like it, then this is a lot of fun. Nothing complex, just this kind of dystopian city where high school gangs fight for street supremacy. 

This was a fun one too.

• Thanks 1

Finished watching Swarm on Amazon prime. It was great! Paris Jackson did a hell of a job in it, had no idea it was her till I looked up the show after I finished it.

I don't want to dive in on what it's about since I watched it in a clean slate, but I loved it.

The show is by Donald Glover. Obama's daughter Malia, wrote one of the episodes. And Billy Eillish is in it, also great performance by her. 

Last night's Succession was its finest episode. Talk about a major game-changer! Also, it's time for the cast to hand in their Emmy applications. Wow! If you plan of watching this series, avoid anything Succession-related. Massive twist.

16 hours ago, z,warrior said:

Finished watching Swarm on Amazon prime. It was great! Paris Jackson did a hell of a job in it, had no idea it was her till I looked up the show after I finished it.

I don't want to dive in on what it's about since I watched it in a clean slate, but I loved it.

The show is by Donald Glover. Obama's daughter Malia, wrote one of the episodes. And Billy Eillish is in it, also great performance by her. 

I couldn't make it past the first or second episode. I don't get the hype about it at all unless it's some slow burn. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I couldn't make it past the first or second episode. I don't get the hype about it at all unless it's some slow burn. 

same. i like and dislike the style of it. i just wasn't vibing with it.

34 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

same. i like and dislike the style of it. i just wasn't vibing with it.

I love Afro surrealism but I feel Peele and Glover are beginning to fall into the M. Night lane where they are starting to rely on the aesthetics of it more than the substance of it. 

Like there's a big difference between Atlanta seasons 1 to 2 and the third season. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I love Afro surrealism but I feel Peele and Glover are beginning to fall into the M. Night lane where they are starting to rely on the aesthetics of it more than the substance of it. 

Like there's a big difference between Atlanta seasons 1 to 2 and the third season. 

i still have to check out atlanta.

Just now, -GD-X said:

i still have to check out atlanta.

The first two seasons are perfection. It really punches above it's weight and I put in the same catagories of shows like Barry, Succession, and Severance even if the concept is far more simple than any of those. 

• aitch 1