*The Official Resident Evil 2 Thread* [Use Spoiler Tags, kthnx]

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. X is a lemgod, destroyer of casual gamers lmfao . People are gonna cry about him for years to come     

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green he

REVIEWS:   Gamespot - AAA (9/10) IGN - AAA (9/10) Systemwars - AAA (Even the excluded Sheep give it a BAAAHH as well)   Metacritic - AAA(91)                              

3 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Yeah, normal mode too which has autosave. Hardcore uses ribbons and typewriters like in old RE games with no autosave 

Im gonna easy mode this shitz B)

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

From the beginning I always had the intention of playing through the game twice, but that segment is seriously making me reconsider that.

I gave my thoughts on Mr. X in a previous post (spoiler tagged) but I'm in agreement with you and Bodycount.

So. Damn. Annoying.

On future playthroughs I'm just going to blaze through that section as fast as possible and focus completely on getting the Electrical Parts just to get this section over with. 

Small spoiler (but not really):

You can find a way back to the Police Station in the Sewer area. When you come back you can take your time clearing out the other rooms and grabbing the things you missed without having to deal with Mr. X[/spoiler]

If Mr. X is just a test run for what Nemesis would be like in REmake 3 then count me out. I'm not dealing with that bullshit for an ENTIRE game.

Edited by Sabo
19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

From the beginning I always had the intention of playing through the game twice, but that segment is seriously making me reconsider that.

I’m considering if I want to even finish it lol

17 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Man..my love went from 100mph to 0 :D  I just turned it off. 

Its hide and seek gameplay taken to a whole new level of annoyance. I probably wasted an hour being chased by him while trying to get all of the optional items. You might want to just go for the required ones.

Edited by Twinblade
24 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I gave my thoughts on Mr. X in a previous post (spoiler tagged) but I'm in agreement with you and Bodycount.

So. Damn. Annoying.

On future playthroughs I'm just going to blaze through that section as fast as possible and focus completely on getting the Electrical Parts just to get this section over with. 

Small spoiler (but not really):

Hide contents

You can find a way back to the Police Station in the Sewer area. When you come back you can take your time clearing out the other rooms and grabbing the things you missed without having to deal with Mr. X[/spoiler]

If Mr. X is just a test run for what Nemesis would be like in REmake 3 then count me out. I'm not dealing with that bullshit for an ENTIRE game.

Yeah I wish I had known about that shortcut before. I like to explore and collect everything at my own pace so that part just really messed with my playstyle.

The fact that he can chase and attack you in puzzle areas just adds insult to injury...im not sure how capcom thought that would be fun in any way.

Edited by Twinblade

Damn, I like Mr. X.  Though I think he could be a little less... persistent... shall we say.  I've got suck a few times by him, but it's nothing crazy.  I feel like the RPD offers enough options to get around him usually and so it's a minor annoyance.  I fucking love the sound design though and hearing him stomp through other rooms far away.  The dogs and lickers crawling through the vents too.. it sounds awesome in Dolby Atmos. :glad: 

So yea, he's a bit annoying (so far, maybe he gets worse?) but easy enough to deal with.  I couldn't imagine playing hardcore the first time through though.. yea that would probably get annoying :scared: 

My next playthrough will be hardcore though :whew: