So, the Resident Evil Purists are pretty much dead, right?

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah because George Lucas did wonders for the Star Wars franchise after the original trilogy released...

:cmpunk1:

Difference is RE4 is a seller game through and through. 

The 2nd star wars trilogy while not up to the original trilogy are still real star wars movies. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL @ this revisionist shit that RE4 sucked   RE4 was easily the top game of that generation. Mechanically, it was so advanced, so ahead of the curb that every western game copied it. It was

RE4 is exceptional. The atmosphere is still top notch and it’s filled with the tense, foreboding moments you expect to see in a RE game.

well, that too  

Just now, Goukosan said:

Difference is RE4 is a seller game through and through. 

The 2nd star wars trilogy while not up to the original trilogy are still real star wars movies. 

I'm not even talking about the second trilogy, I'm talking about him going back and ruining the original trilogy. The original creator of something has no bearing on what's best for it or the best direction it should take. 

28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

RE4 is exceptional. The atmosphere is still top notch and it’s filled with the tense, foreboding moments you expect to see in a RE game.

Yup first time you fought the;

Chain Saw Guy - closes the space between you and him quickly, follows you throughout doors. 

The Blind Wolverine Claw guy - (you're in an enclosed area and running alerts him) 

The exoskeleton creature that stalked you in the sewers.

Just a few that I remember off the top of my head. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not even talking about the second trilogy, I'm talking about him going back and ruining the original trilogy. The original creator of something has no bearing on what's best for it or the best direction it should take. 

Bro... your analogy of the original creator going back and messing up the original game deosnt apply to RE...... Mikami went back and made possibly the best game in the entire series with Re remake :|

Mikami worked on the original RE, RE4 and was responsible for RE Remake. 

He also mentored Kameya on RE2 as it was Kameya's first time directing and if you ever heard Kameya talk about RE 2 you would hear him say how instrumental Mikami was in guiding him while he directed the game..

So basically the original creator had a hand in arguably the top 3 games in the franchise RE remake, RE2 and RE4. 

Welp..................................I've discovered what happened to the RE purists.

Instead of being the hardline, don't-change-anything curmudgeons

They turned into FAUX HIPSTER BITCH trend-whores who suddenly think its the coolest to shit on RE4.

I love how they're acting like they've been making fun of RE4 for a long time.

RE4 is responsible for:

-Gears of War

-Dead Space

-Uncharted

-The Last of Us

Pretty much the modern cinematic AAA third-person action game for the PS3/X360 and PS4/XBO gens.

Why are you guys trying to pretend that this RE2 remake didn't come from calls from fans to remake RE2 with RE4's core design? People were calling for this 10 years ago.

RE4 rules over you. Always has. And don't ever forget that.:lawd:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

says the guy who's first RE game wasn't even the original :mickey:

Wait... who likes RE4 and only similar games? 

Oh no, I started with RE2 in 1998.

Jehurey.

nah, i hated what re2make looked like from day 1. gameplay isnt as tight as re4 and it’s clearly not in the same vein as the first remake - its basically a next gen revelations.

you make a good point though, its clearly a half measure  between the two styles that wouldnt have flown with purists 10 years ago when people were asking for re2make.

57 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Welp..................................I've discovered what happened to the RE purists.

Instead of being the hardline, don't-change-anything curmudgeons

They turned into FAUX HIPSTER BITCH trend-whores who suddenly think its the coolest to shit on RE4.

I love how they're acting like they've been making fun of RE4 for a long time.

RE4 is responsible for:

-Gears of War

-Dead Space

-Uncharted

-The Last of Us

Pretty much the modern cinematic AAA third-person action game for the PS3/X360 and PS4/XBO gens.

Why are you guys trying to pretend that this RE2 remake didn't come from calls from fans to remake RE2 with RE4's core design? People were calling for this 10 years ago.

RE4 rules over you. Always has. And don't ever forget that.:lawd:

splinter cell - 2002 :sass2:

27 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Fake RE fans who actually only likes RE4 and similar games trying to dictate shit. :pffft:

Wrong.

I have actual integrity in how I judge the RE franchise.

Its quite simple, the PS1 games are dated games. I was CALLING THEM dated games in the early 2000's.  I actually came in with RE Code Veronica and played about a third of that game, and I enjoy it enough.  But at that point the series had done so many quality-of-life improvements.

I saw what RE4 perfected, I saw where RE5 disappointed, and I saw how RE6 was Capcom not knowing what to do sorta like EA was doing with Dead Space and ME3.

To this day, I don't think many people understand why RE4 is so good. Its a shooter that has twists on the mechanic of shooting. Where you move, how you move, and where to commit to standing and fighting is its own clever mechanics. Who you shoot, HOW you shoot them, and the variety of enemies matters. Fantastic boss fights, with variety and they test your use of the mechanics.

I don't need to enjoy the "atmosphere" because the mechanics are absolutely thrilling.

RE2 remake is very reliant on atmosphere. (and nostalgia)

5 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

splinter cell - 2002 :sass2:

The expanding reticle when moving, and the turning movement makes the game quite easy, especially if you were playing Splinter Cell on the PC back in 2002 like I was.  I can turn Sam Fishing anywhere, rather easily, and then just enter aim.

The enemies aren't coming at you, because you're supposed to be in stealth and they stay in their patterns. No one would play Splinter Cell being spotted all the time. That makes the gunplay fundamentally different.

@jehurey ITT :mj: 

You guys are just trying to be cool by hating RE4 :cry: 

You guys never hated the game before :cry: 

I LOVE RE4 becuz I hav integrity guys :cry: 

NOW I know what happened to the RE puristz :cry: 

You guys just don't understand why RE4 is SO good... let me explain.. :cry: 

It doesn't need atmosphere becuz the mechanics are THRILLING :cry: 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT... the meltdown trying to damage control the fact that some people don't like that shitty game :D :D:D :D 

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

@jehurey ITT :mj: 

You guys are just trying to be cool by hating RE4 :cry: 

You guys never hated the game before :cry: 

I LOVE RE4 becuz I hav integrity guys :cry: 

NOW I know what happened to the RE puristz :cry: 

You guys just don't understand why RE4 is SO good... let me explain.. :cry: 

It doesn't need atmosphere becuz the mechanics are THRILLING :cry: 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT... the meltdown trying to damage control the fact that some people don't like that shitty game :D :D:D :D 

[look at your post and how you typed it]

Yeah, I'm the one melting down. LOL

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

[look at your post and how you typed it]

Yeah, I'm the one melting down. LOL

You are.  If RE4 was as great as you think it is... you wouldn't have to defend it by telling people that they just don't understand why it's great.  In fact... the whole REASON why you made this thread was because of how insecure you are about other peoples opinion on RE4... and then later on you claim that this is some NEW trend from us... :D 

That game sucks... RE2 is great.  RE2 is real RE and RE4 is a lame RE action game in the same vein as the Revelations games.  RE4 is responsible for creating those games too.. and RE5 and 6. :reg: 

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Wrong.

I have actual integrity in how I judge the RE franchise.

Its quite simple, the PS1 games are dated games. I was CALLING THEM dated games in the early 2000's.  I actually came in with RE Code Veronica and played about a third of that game, and I enjoy it enough.  But at that point the series had done so many quality-of-life improvements.

I saw what RE4 perfected, I saw where RE5 disappointed, and I saw how RE6 was Capcom not knowing what to do sorta like EA was doing with Dead Space and ME3.

To this day, I don't think many people understand why RE4 is so good. Its a shooter that has twists on the mechanic of shooting. Where you move, how you move, and where to commit to standing and fighting is its own clever mechanics. Who you shoot, HOW you shoot them, and the variety of enemies matters. Fantastic boss fights, with variety and they test your use of the mechanics.

I don't need to enjoy the "atmosphere" because the mechanics are absolutely thrilling.

RE2 remake is very reliant on atmosphere. (and nostalgia)

Your love for RE4 is embarrassing. :danylol: I'll admit the core gameplay mechanics were top notch and still are, in fact. 

You're right that tank controls and fixed camera are an outdated concept that wouldn't fly today. Unfortunately, because I'd love that. I'd take an old school RE2 remake over what we got any day of the week but it's just not realistic. So a compromise between the two is acceptable.

Still, I also think that survival horror elements are more important in a RE game than it's gameplay mechanics. I wanted limited ammo/inventory management, complex level design, puzzles, exploration, atmosphere. RE4 fails almost at every single one of those aspects. It's a great game, but a shit RE game.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You are.  If RE4 was as great as you think it is... you wouldn't have to defend it by telling people that they just don't understand why it's great.  In fact... the whole REASON why you made this thread was because of how insecure you are about other peoples opinion on RE4... and then later on you claim that this is some NEW trend from us... :D 

That game sucks... RE2 is great.  RE2 is real RE and RE4 is a lame RE action game in the same vein as the Revelations games.  RE4 is responsible for creating those games too.. and RE5 and 6. :reg: 

I typed one post that went into detail about it.

And you think I'm melting down.

Whereas you are typing alot of posts............and aren't saying anything.

Repeating "RE4 is lame" isn't an argument...............its just you declaring your hopes and wishes.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I typed one post that went into detail about it.

And you think I'm melting down.

Whereas you are typing alot of posts............and aren't saying anything.

Repeating "RE4 is lame" isn't an argument...............its just you declaring your hopes and wishes.

I already stated why it was lame before in this thread.  I don't care if you agree with me or not.  I'm stating it's a stupid game and listing what I think is stupid about it.  I'm not typing out posts trying to convince people the error of their ways like you are, telling them they have no integrity because they don't like it like you are, and how much more enlightened you are because you understand what makes it so great.  Now I'm at the point where I'm just mocking you for it.