[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah, I didn't post it because it isn't a conclusively agreed upon excellent ending, but personally, I think it's near perfect for the show.

Imagine it came out now. That ending would break the internet with nerd rage lmao

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Voidler said:

Imagine it came out now. That ending would break the internet with nerd rage lmao

:D Would be amazing.

I remember the massive amount of rage even back then and there wasn't all the social media shitstorm there is now. 

Theon and Jorah's arcs ended so perfectly last episode I couldn't imagine a better end. If they pull of a similarly satisfying arc for all the major players I'd be amazed

1 minute ago, Vini said:

Theon and Jorah's arcs ended so perfectly last episode I couldn't imagine a better end. If they pull of a similarly satisfying arc for all the major players I'd be amazed

Depends what you want. If you want unpredictability then they simply can't end like Theon and Jorah's arcs which ended in the most obvious endings. That's the change from early GoT to now. Early GoT had touches of The Wire where 'the world/environment' overrides clearly written character arcs because that is the world. It's what happened in S1 and even more so in S3. 

Meanwhile 'perfect' characacter arc endings are the most obvious too:

Theon redeemed as a hero and protecting Bran.

Jorah dying defending Dany.

Same way that obvs end to Jamie's arc is to kill Cersei

Or Jon to end up as the victor and having to kill Dany

Or The Hound defeating the mountain and probably both dying

etc etc

So we will see which way GoT goes, but you can't praise it's unpredictability then also praise Theon and Jorah endings. 

28 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Depends what you want. If you want unpredictability then they simply can't end like Theon and Jorah's arcs which ended in the most obvious endings. That's the change from early GoT to now. Early GoT had touches of The Wire where 'the world/environment' overrides clearly written character arcs because that is the world. It's what happened in S1 and even more so in S3. 

etc etc

So we will see which way GoT goes, but you can't praise it's unpredictability then also praise Theon and Jorah endings. 

Best option would be a great end to an arc that I did not see coming. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

etc etc

Please D&D will make it so Bronn kills Cersei

Grayworm kills the Mountain but dies in the process

Arya kills Euron

Jon and Dany bond over the death of extremely important characters like Grayworm and Davis and get married to live happily ever after

Jaime, the hound do nothing. Tyrion hides during the battle.

5 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Please D&D will make it so Bronn kills Cersei

Grayworm kills the Mountain but dies in the process

Arya kills Euron

Jon and Dany bond over the death of extremely important characters like Grayworm and Davis and get married to live happily ever after

Jaime, the hound do nothing. Tyrion hides during the battle.

If anyone single of those things actually happen...... i don't know what I would say.

Not even D&D could be bad enough writers to throw out 8 years of build up to Cleganebowl in favour of something that happened in the preceding episode with Greyworm...surely.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Ive never watched an episode of this. Should I start?

Firstly, yes.

Secondly, gtfo of the thread now if you are going to do the first. Literally even reading a character's name is spoiler at this point.

11 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Ive never watched an episode of this. Should I start?

It turned into shit with the last two season, imo but yes, the good stuff is fucking great. 

Another point I saw today on reddit that I thought was interesting...

The first few seasons the budget wasn't very high. As a result more emphasis was placed on the political side of the show...drawing the intrigue through the complex stories and layered, nuanced dialogue that we got. The budget exploded at about the same time they started running out of source material and that's when they really started using the dialogue as nothing more than a tool to get them to the next big battle/set piece. 

14 minutes ago, Casual said:

Another point I saw today on reddit that I thought was interesting...

The first few seasons the budget wasn't very high. As a result more emphasis was placed on the political side of the show...drawing the intrigue through the complex stories and layered, nuanced dialogue that we got. The budget exploded at about the same time they started running out of source material and that's when they really started using the dialogue as nothing more than a tool to get them to the next big battle/set piece. 

You needed someone else to tell you that? lmao

15 hours ago, Vini said:

Remember when Arya used to teleport across the seven kingdoms in the early seasons? Or when Tywin somehow completely doesn't recognize her? Or the white walkers for whatever reason letting that long haired guy live in the first episode. Or how Drogo melted gold somehow in 10 seconds? Or how Robb and his mom were retarded enough to have a wedding at someone house completely unprotected after breaking his word with the head of the house. etc etc..

Could I nitpick a thousand things in every season yes I can. But I'm not a hipster I just like the show

Couldn't agree with this post more. 

That year off really did a number of some of the fans... who went down that rabbit hole of fan theories and YouTube videos snd convinced themselves of what this season would be.... and now they're are crying up a storm throwing temper tantrums about inconsistencies in the show that have been happening since season 1 ep 1...as if this just started happening in season 8...lol

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Couldn't agree with this post more. 

That year off really did a number of some of the fans... who went down that rabbit hole of fan theories and YouTube videos snd convinced themselves of what this season would be.... and now they're are crying up a storm throwing temper tantrums about inconsistencies in the show that have been happening since season 1 ep 1...as if this just started happening in season 8...lol

Lol, it's just terrible now. Stop defending bad writing.

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic