[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:
Spoiler

Hmm.  I'm conflicted about it tbh.  I love the sense of helplessness and futility of the battle... but the Night King went down way too easily and hilariously..and basically ended up being pointless.  There was no payoff with him and Bran.. and now the "final evil" that they must defeat is Cersei?  That's pretty weak.  What the fuck was Bran doing the entire time that Theon was protecting him?  Also Jon was a bumbling mess during the entire fight and did sweet fuck all.

I was good spectacle but the ending and payoff was weak.

Bran knew how everything was supposed to play out. 

Just now, -GD- said:

Spoiler

I know.. that doesn't change the fact that all he did was warg, find where the NK was and then stayed warging until Theon was the only one left and the NK was there.. then just sat there... not saying anything between him and the NK to really bring anything interesting to it.  Then Arya out of nowhere takes him out and that's it...

Eh, it was pretty disappointing in all honesty.  I mean, I'm fine with Arya killing him, but it could have been and should have been much better.

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Spoiler

Yeah, I took it as it was all part of Bran's plan. He knew what he was doing.

I'm with Remij on being on the fence about the Night King dying, though. Eight seasons of build up and he's effectively just a plot device to get rid of the Unsullied and Dothraki armies. Nobody really important died.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Reveal hidden contents

I know.. that doesn't change the fact that all he did was warg, find where the NK was and then stayed warging until Theon was the only one left and the NK was there.. then just sat there... not saying anything between him and the NK to really bring anything interesting to it.  Then Arya out of nowhere takes him out and that's it...

Eh, it was pretty disappointing in all honesty.  I mean, I'm fine with Arya killing him, but it could have been and should have been much better.

Spoiler

He had already seen her kill the night king. He was making sure the essential variables were at play.  

You can’t please everyone. I would have been annoyed if bran didn’t know what would happen. 

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, I took it as it was all part of Bran's plan. He knew what he was doing.

I'm with Remij on being on the fence about the Night King dying, though. Eight seasons of build up and he's effectively just a plot device to get rid of the Unsullied and Dothraki armies. Nobody really important died.

Spoiler

I can see why some may be disappointed. Your point is valid. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:
  Hide contents

He had already seen her kill the night king. He was making sure the essential variables were at play.  

You can’t please everyone. I would have been annoyed if bran didn’t know what would happen. 

Spoiler

I totally understand that.. but we learned NOTHING between the NK and Bran.  The great buildup of desperation, everyone on the verge of defeat... the NK one second away from killing Bran.. and we don't learn anything.  He gets taken down in an extremely absurd way, and then the entire thing is over.  That wasn't a payoff...  We've all seen that play out in many stories before.  When I say Bran did nothing, I mean that he essentially didn't give us any meaningful interaction with the NK after all this build up.  It was pretty bad if I do say so.  A lot of the episode was awesome.. but it dropped the ball.

I dunno boys :francis: 

Just now, Remij_ said:
  Hide contents

I totally understand that.. but we learned NOTHING between the NK and Bran.  The great buildup of desperation, everyone on the verge of defeat... the NK one second away from killing Bran.. and we don't learn anything.  He gets taken down in an extremely absurd way, and then the entire thing is over.  That wasn't a payoff...  We've all seen that play out in many stories before.  When I say Bran did nothing, I mean that he essentially didn't give us any meaningful interaction with the NK after all this build up.  It was pretty bad if I do say so.  A lot of the episode was awesome.. but it dropped the ball.

I dunno boys :francis: 

Spoiler

Maybe more will be explained in the next 3 eps. Who knows. Maybe the night king is part of an inevitable, good/bad cycle..and that past 3 eyed ravens already killed previous night kings. Anything is possible in this show. 

Spoiler

I  agree with remij on the whole thing feeling like fodder. The only person we care about that died was theon and he is not really important to the conflict. It felt like the undead being there didn't accomplish anything.

8 minutes ago, Alphonse said:
  Hide contents

I  agree with remij on the whole thing feeling like fodder. The only person we care about that died was theon and he is not really important to the conflict. It felt like the undead being there didn't accomplish anything.

Spoiler

8 seasons of "They're coming! They're unstoppable!"

... and then it comes down to NK and Bran face to face... and... nothing.  Arya comes out of nowhere and pulls a Rey Skywalker to kill the NK and the war is over within a minute.  I get it.. she's an assassin.. but the whole scene and what lead up to it was just not done well at all.

I'm sure we'll learn more in the next episode... but it's less significant after the fact.  I almost don't give a shit anymore because now that plotline is essentially done.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:
  Hide contents

... and then it comes down to NK and Bran face to face... and... nothing.  Arya comes out of nowhere and pulls a Rey Skywalker to kill the NK and the war is over within a minute.  I get it.. she's an assassin.. but the whole scene and what lead up to it was just not done well at all.

I'm sure we'll learn more in the next episode... but it's less significant after the fact.  I almost don't give a shit anymore because now that plotline is essentially done.

Spoiler

She was a white walker. Hardly “out of nowhere”...

but hey man, to each is own 

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

It would have been cool if jamie ,brienne and some of the other warriors where with bran when the night king arrived and fought against the nk generals, while the night king had some small dialogues with bran.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, -GD- said:
  Hide contents

She was a white walker. Hardly “out of nowhere”...

but hey man, to each is own 

Spoiler

She can do that?  Interesting.  Amazing how she couldn't when she was hiding from them scared out of her mind just a bit earlier.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:
  Hide contents

She can do that?  Interesting.  Amazing how she couldn't when she was hiding from them scared out of her mind just a bit earlier.

Spoiler

melisandre told her she could take the face with any eye - including blue. After that, we don’t see Arya until the kill. 

Edited by -GD-
6 minutes ago, Alphonse said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It would have been cool if jamie ,brienne and some of the other warriors where with bran when the night king arrived and fought against the nk generals, while the night king had some small dialogues with bran.

Agreed.  That would have been cool.  Give us information while having a badass fight going on.  

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic