Official Disney Star Wars flopped thread

19 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

what are you arguing?

why are you mad that The Decline of Skywalker is a critical dud?

answer these questions :mjpls:

Do I look mad at you? :tom5:

After you keyboard warrior'd online you still ran out to see it opening week :rofls:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another garbage SJW clown show re-write starring an ugly bulldyke propaganda pos   these movies all suck ass

55% on RT, yikes   https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker/

fuck man jeremy looks broken  

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Do I look mad at you? :tom5:

After you keyboard warrior'd online you still ran out to see it opening week :rofls:

yep started as passive aggressive drive-bys then just got more passionate as the days went on

imagine if this was a video game thread about a mega hyped big budget game that got a 5.0 and there was 1 lone person insisting for pages that "it didnt flop bc npd :awww:"

obv we'd all infer that person was feeling some type of way about the floppage :hehe:

Just came back from seeing the movie. I thought the movie was fine.

Spoiler

I thought that they should've done a better job explaining why Palpatine is back instead of just including it in opening crawl text and Palpatine giving Rylo a line about something.

My friend who watched the movie with me said that Palpatine was making clones of himself, which was that crowd of people in that chamber at the end.

They should've ended The Last Jedi with revealing Palpatine. But whatever.

I think these movies have them go to alot of locations, and what they do on these new planet locations isn't very memorable. Even though the planets looks cool and unique.

It almost felt legit badass if that lightning strike took out every ship and everything started crashing down, but they didn't have the guts to show that and to have on-screen deaths come from that.

But this is the result of 5 Star Wars movies in 4 years. People just want to see it get to the finish line.

3 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

yep started as passive aggressive drive-bys then just got more passionate as the days went on

imagine if this was a video game thread about a mega hyped big budget game that got a 5.0 and there was 1 lone person insisting for pages that "it didnt flop bc npd :awww:"

obv we'd all infer that person was feeling some type of way about the floppage :hehe:

imagine even AFTER the REVIEWS you still ran out and bought that game release week at full price and played it through completion.....and then try to paint it as a Commercial flop all while it sells 100 million.... yea that you right now :will:

Enjoy your second viewing this week :tom5:

33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

imagine even AFTER the REVIEWS you still ran out and bought that game release week at full price and played it through completion.....and then try to paint it as a Commercial flop all while it sells 100 million.... yea that you right now :will:

Enjoy your second viewing this week :tom5:

no forming ones own opinion allowed :jonb:

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Just came back from seeing the movie. I thought the movie was fine.

Reveal hidden contents

I thought that they should've done a better job explaining why Palpatine is back instead of just including it in opening crawl text and Palpatine giving Rylo a line about something.

My friend who watched the movie with me said that Palpatine was making clones of himself, which was that crowd of people in that chamber at the end.

They should've ended The Last Jedi with revealing Palpatine. But whatever.

I think these movies have them go to alot of locations, and what they do on these new planet locations isn't very memorable. Even though the planets looks cool and unique.

It almost felt legit badass if that lightning strike took out every ship and everything started crashing down, but they didn't have the guts to show that and to have on-screen deaths come from that.

But this is the result of 5 Star Wars movies in 4 years. People just want to see it get to the finish line.

I mean the stuff you're talking about would require planning and clearly JJ just pulled crap out of his ass with this movie. 

5 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

no forming ones own opinion allowed :jonb:

You could have formed your opinion this upcoming week, or the week after... or the week after that... or when it came to streaming or blu ray or cable..... 

but noooo.... 

You couldn't wait to see it.... you rushed out opened week :adhd: and you will probably go see it again this week.   Bbbut I hate it so much.. I swears I do :awww:

Edited by Goukosan
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You could have formed your opinion this upcoming week, or the week after... or the week after that... or when it came to streaming or blu ray or cable..... 

but noooo.... 

You couldn't wait to see it.... you rushed out opened week :adhd: and you will probably go see it again this week.   Bbbut I hate it so much.. I swears I do :awww:

i see movies when its convenient for me, like a holiday break. same goes for most moviegoers.

and i never said i hated it, i said its just boring and uninvolving - basically a typical disney movie.

how does any of this change that its a critical flop? :umad:

2 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

i see movies when its convenient for me, like a holiday break. same goes for most moviegoers.

and i never said i hated it, i said its just boring and uninvolving - basically a typical disney movie.

how does any of this change that its a critical flop? :umad:

Yeaa surrre.... I guess the movie wouldn't exist anymore after opening week... after opening week there is no more opportunities to see it:will:

Movies that people generally think are trash... they don't rush out to see it opening week :shrug:

I love Star Wars, as much as anyone can but this Disney SW era was a misstep. If they felt this was successful they wouldn't be putting the brakes on the IP for a while.  They rushed out the main trilogy without a good game plan for how to lay these movies out across 3 movies. Hell TFA, and TLJ were both set up movies which put the pressure on ROSW to basically function as the second and third movie rolled in to one. 

• Upvote 1

lol everyone knows disney star wars sucks. its not a reboot nor a continuation of the story, is just a lazy and uninspired cash grab, trying to appeal to fans with gimmicky trash moments and stupid jokes.

I have watched The force unleashed years ago and I stopped right after that. absolute trash. Rogue one is the only I will watch cause everyone says it owns.

• Upvote 1

Have you guys not seen the prequels?

How exactly is Star Wars in a worse place now than in 2004?

The only real criticism that makes sense is that Mark Hamil, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher only have so much time left, and therefore these movies needed to utilize them as best as possible.

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Yeaa surrre.... I guess the movie wouldn't exist anymore after opening week... after opening week there is no more opportunities to see it:will:

Movies that people generally think are trash... they don't rush out to see it opening week :shrug:

did Star Wars  The Decline of Skywalker flop with critics?

yes or no :mjpls:

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Have you guys not seen the prequels?

How exactly is Star Wars in a worse place now than in 2004?

The only real criticism that makes sense is that Mark Hamil, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher only have so much time left, and therefore these movies needed to utilize them as best as possible.

I just don't like them. It's a modern movie curse for me. It's always filled with lame jokes, nonstop. The Force Unleashed was just a bad movie because aside from fan service nothing really happened.

The kylo-han scene on the bridge was awful. One of my friends watched it already when I saw it the first time in cinema and he wanted to yell:"dont go there han, you died there last time". :D

And I know most people say the old ones are better than the prequel trilogy but I like all 6 movies equally. The darthmaul fight being my fav. 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

I just don't like them. It's a modern movie curse for me. It's always filled with lame jokes, nonstop. The Force Unleashed was just a bad movie because aside from fan service nothing really happened.

The kylo-han scene on the bridge was awful. One of my friends watched it already when I saw it the first time in cinema and he wanted to yell:"dont go there han, you died there last time". :D

And I know most people say the old ones are better than the prequel trilogy but I like all 6 movies equally. The darthmaul fight being my fav. 

I blame Joss Whedon and the shit he did with the Marvel movies.

I've hated Joss Whedon for a long, long time now. His smarmy dialogue was meant for 40 year-old moms to chuckle.

But, dude, the prequel movies felt amazing bad for their time. Like the movie was released in 1999, but it still had the quality of acting from 1977.  People were standing still in all the shots, they literally were not acting on screen, they were just standing, staring, and reciting lines.

Only Ewan Mcgregor, Liam Neeson, Count Dooku and Emperor Palpatine in few scenes of Return of the Sith ever had any good acting moments. Like even Natalie Portman and Samuel L Jackson were straight up bad.

So for me, seeing characters like Poe Dameron and Flynn show emotion and charm is fucking miles ahead. And Kylo Ren is the most realistic villain because he's given feelings when previous villains didn't have any.