Official Disney Star Wars flopped thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another garbage SJW clown show re-write starring an ugly bulldyke propaganda pos   these movies all suck ass

55% on RT, yikes   https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker/

fuck man jeremy looks broken  

Posted Images

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

nobody should takes critic reviews serious. Which is why I always ragged on you guys taking IGN/GS critic scores seriously over the User rating.  

Ohhh that’s just for fanboy wars. I think most gamers just play what they like. Detroit got a 7, and I loved that game. I’d give it a 9. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, -GD- said:

I liked it. It’s pretty much what I expected. I think many critics expect way too much from Star Wars movies. It’s dumb entertainment. 

I saw it just now too.... on digital bootleg.  

It's better than The Last Jedi, but that's not saying much.  TFA is the better film of the sequel trilogy. 

Don't like that the one startling scene they showed of Rey her in the trailer is only like 4-seconds in the film. 

On 2019-12-19 at 9:15 PM, -GD- said:

I liked it. It’s pretty much what I expected. I think many critics expect way too much from Star Wars movies. It’s dumb entertainment. 

lets not get it twisted though, the original films were legit trailblazing classics, and the rise of skywalker is one of the worst received films in the franchise.

if anything critics are too easy on star wars because of its iconic status and most grew up loving it. every star wars movie in the past 20 years is rated higher than it should be because it gives them nostalgic feels. its their mario.

Edited by Quad Damage
6 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

lets not get it twisted though, the original films were legit trailblazing classics, and the rise of skywalker is one of the worst received films in the franchise.

if anything critics are too easy on star wars because of its iconic status and most grew up loving it. every star wars movie in the past 20 years is rated higher than it should be because it gives them nostalgic feels. its their mario.

A new hope is held in high regard, due to its “first of its kind”  visuals. The story wasn’t that good. Empire takes a massive dump on it. 

5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

A new hope is held in high regard, due to its “first of its kind”  visuals. The story wasn’t that good. Empire takes a massive dump on it. 

a new hope is held in high regard due to the characters, visuals, world, and for redefining blockbuster cinema.

11 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

a new hope is held in high regard due to the characters, visuals, world, and for redefining blockbuster cinema.

yeahhh...but it's aged like hell. indiana jones is a better example of groundbreaking block buster cinema - that's still as epic now. as for new hope, it's not a very good story at all. neither is rotj. the prequels sucked dick. so, i rated eps 7,8 and 9 accordingly. they are solid/good, not great films. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

yeahhh...but it's aged like hell. indiana jones is a better example of groundbreaking block buster cinema - that's still as epic now. as for new hope, it's not a very good story at all. neither is rotj. the prequels sucked dick. so, i rated eps 7,8 and 9 accordingly. they are solid/good, not great films. 

i mean indiana jones story aint great either. but like star wars, its more about characters, setting, and inspired pulpy thrills. thats why theyre legendary and why their legacy will continue to live on much longer and more favorably than disneys disposable star wars movies.

Edited by Quad Damage
3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

i mean indiana jones story aint great either. but like star wars, its more about characters, setting, and inspired pulpy thrills. thats why theyre legendary and why their legacy will continue to live on much longer and more favorably than disneys disposable star wars movies.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Indy was fun. New hope is boring and corny.