Official Disney Star Wars flopped thread

how can you compare indiana jones and star wars. either way the classics own and yes, disney star wars sucks.

wow i haven't seen these movies in a long time :D 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another garbage SJW clown show re-write starring an ugly bulldyke propaganda pos   these movies all suck ass

55% on RT, yikes   https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker/

fuck man jeremy looks broken  

Posted Images

10 hours ago, -GD- said:

They made a killing at the box office. They didn’t flop lol 

7 hours ago, Goukosan said:

bbbbut it did because he said so :awww:

i obv meant it flopped critically, but the box office is on a sharp decline as well.

023F2FD6-2287-42AD-ABDF-782A83BE9CBD.thumb.png.4cb2f459fdd8e7b966159993fdd8fe1d.png

On 2019-12-23 at 6:40 PM, -GD- said:

A new hope is held in high regard, due to its “first of its kind”  visuals. The story wasn’t that good. Empire takes a massive dump on it. 

So you are you comparing the first Star Wars to it's sequel as why the first film is not good?  :bugged:  

That is a bit ridiculous.   The whole reason people went to see Empire Strikes Back was because the film before it was a huge hit. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
On 2019-12-23 at 6:40 PM, -GD- said:

A new hope is held in high regard, due to its “first of its kind”  visuals. The story wasn’t that good. Empire takes a massive dump on it. 

ESB is a better story, and had far better directing that SW, but SW was more than just visuals. While the story isn't very complex when you look at it again, especially 40 years later, it's perfectly paces, edited nearly flawlessly and the story beats line up perfectly as well. It's one of the tightest stories in the genre ever. I actually rewatched this on Christmas with a critical eye and all the story beats track efficiently and progress organically. There's no plot holes or conveniences. 

6 hours ago, The Lizard King said:

ESB is a better story, and had far better directing that SW, but SW was more than just visuals. While the story isn't very complex when you look at it again, especially 40 years later, it's perfectly paces, edited nearly flawlessly and the story beats line up perfectly as well. It's one of the tightest stories in the genre ever. I actually rewatched this on Christmas with a critical eye and all the story beats track efficiently and progress organically. There's no plot holes or conveniences. 

Eh, I find the original boring. Different strokes. Again, the new film was far from perfect, but it’s not as bad as some critics make it out to be. 

13 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Eh, I find the original boring. Different strokes. Again, the new film was far from perfect, but it’s not as bad as some critics make it out to be. 

I liked ROSW, but it's a complete mess. The story is ridiculous, the editing is terrible, the pace is chaotic and it's just a bag of fake outs and conveniences. From a critic's standpoint there's very little good to say about the movie other than sound design and SFX. I dug it because I love SW, but as a piece of cinema it's trash. 

28 minutes ago, The Lizard King said:

I liked ROSW, but it's a complete mess. The story is ridiculous, the editing is terrible, the pace is chaotic and it's just a bag of fake outs and conveniences. From a critic's standpoint there's very little good to say about the movie other than sound design and SFX. I dug it because I love SW, but as a piece of cinema it's trash. 

That’s fair. I liked it more than I should have, due to nostalgia. 

On 2019-12-24 at 5:25 PM, Quad Damage said:

i obv meant it flopped critically, but the box office is on a sharp decline as well.

023F2FD6-2287-42AD-ABDF-782A83BE9CBD.thumb.png.4cb2f459fdd8e7b966159993fdd8fe1d.png

why did you leave out actual $$? :mjpls:

After six days, “The Rise of Skywalker” has earned about $259 million domestically, and $516 million internationally, putting it well on pace to become Walt Disney Co.'s DIS, +0.03% seventh billion-dollar movie released this year.

Its on Pace to make a billion dollars :tom5:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

After six days, “The Rise of Skywalker” has earned about $259 million domestically, and $516 million internationally, putting it well on pace to become Walt Disney Co.'s DIS, +0.03% seventh billion-dollar movie released this year.

i didnt post actual numbers bc i didnt see the need to get that in depth about something this thread isnt about. but if you want numbers, k

opening weekends for each movie

force awakens - $247,966,675

the last jedi - $220,009,584

rise of skywalker - $177,383,864

2VirZgb.png

and again, this is a thread about how disney flopped creatively and critically. the decline in box office/interest is just a bonus :tom5:

Edited by Quad Damage
On 2019-12-25 at 12:18 AM, Quad Damage said:

well just saw it

i don’t know if it’s the worst of the trilogy, but it might’ve been the most boring and uninvolving installment.

Why are you giving them money if you are against the Disney SW? :wonder: I boycotted anything disney related like 10 years ago

13 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

Why are you giving them money if you are against the Disney SW? :wonder: I boycotted anything disney related like 10 years ago

a combination of inherent interest in the ip, holding out hope that jj abrams might someday re-capture his star trek 09 form, and to be in on the memes.

im not far off from you though, mainline star wars and avengers movies are the only disney movies i still take a chance on - even though ive yet to be rewarded.

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Why are you so proud of that?