Damn, sounds like Ori and the Will of the Wisps has stuttering/crashing issues on Xbox One consoles

There's apparently a day 1 patch coming, but nobody knows if it will address these issues or not.  It looks like it's happening when it saves the game, but the game is apparently constantly saving your progress...

EShMyf6WkAIpRVo?format=jpg&name=large

I've watched probably an hour of PC footage and never saw any stuttering at all.  Maybe it's a newer build or something, but it makes sense why all the previews were of the PC version last week.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess DynamiteCop was getting mad earlier than me then lol  

Well they aren't spending much time optimizing for XDone, that's their 3rd priority revenue source. The most love and care will go to Switchm then PC is second, then of course as per MS guidelines Xbo

The score should and will be dragged down because of this. Reviewers can only review what they have been given. Days Gone suffered from the same issue where the code sent out to reviewers didn't have

Posted Images

Yea, it's not just a "saving issue"...

There's honestly no excuse for that considering how long this game has been in development for.  That shit's going to drop the score... thanks Xbox :trump2: 

5 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

that's too bad, good news is that this is just the beta phase and all of these issues should be ironed out before the game makes its legitimate launch on Nintendo Switch.

:geese: 

The game will be best on PC... 120+fps 4K+ HDR.  Day 1 :bate: 

Edited by Remij_

The Creative Director responded at ResetERA

Well, the X1S optimizations we were working on didn't make it into that early copy he's playing (physical codes have to be shipped long before the game is out...) and shops shouldn't be giving out copies yet for that exact reason. I know it might be disappointing to some that not all the optimizations made it into the physical, but X1S is a beast that we've been optimizing until the very last day, so please wait with your judgement until you actually play the release on Day1. We're just a few days away, so sit tight :)

So, a first-party developer, that usually has the luxury of spending their time and effort on just one particular sku, or maybe at the most, is literally on twitter saying "well, we had prioritized which versions of the game we had to get performing well" and they're currently lagging behind the Xbox One S version.

What is going to happen when its time for Halo Infinite to roll out, and because of the promises that Microsoft has made, there's going to be an Xbox One version, an Xbox One S version, and Xbox One X version, a PC version, and then there are the Xbox Series X version, and quite possibly going to be a Xbox Series S version?

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Well, the X1S optimizations we were working on didn't make it into that early copy he's playing (physical codes have to be shipped long before the game is out...) and shops shouldn't be giving out copies yet for that exact reason. I know it might be disappointing to some that not all the optimizations made it into the physical, but X1S is a beast that we've been optimizing until the very last day, so please wait with your judgement until you actually play the release on Day1. We're just a few days away, so sit tight :)

It's always like this with you guys.. Jumping the gun and hoping it's worse on our platform. :D This is really hilarious.. and @Bodycount N hyping you up and backing you in this thread makes me literally roll on the floor laughing my ass off.

Edited by Spicalicious
53 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So, a first-party developer, that usually has the luxury of spending their time and effort on just one particular sku, or maybe at the most, is literally on twitter saying "well, we had prioritized which versions of the game we had to get performing well" and they're currently lagging behind the Xbox One S version.

What is going to happen when its time for Halo Infinite to roll out, and because of the promises that Microsoft has made, there's going to be an Xbox One version, an Xbox One S version, and Xbox One X version, a PC version, and then there are the Xbox Series X version, and quite possibly going to be a Xbox Series S version?

This clown :D 

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Well they aren't spending much time optimizing for XDone, that's their 3rd priority revenue source. The most love and care will go to Switchm then PC is second, then of course as per MS guidelines Xbox must be left the scraps and must be dead last in everything.

can't fault the developer, he's just following MS orders to sabotage anything related to the xbox console.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Shocking, what a dumb thread :mj2:

What do you mean what a dumb thread?  Fuckhead the game shipped like that on disc..  It's pretty fucking bad that they thought that was an acceptable build to go gold with.  

LMAO.. yea.. the game freezing for seconds at a time during normal gameplay is ok.  :roll:  And lmao... you think I'm wishing for that to happen? lol... you got issues dude.  How the FUCK am I jumping the gun when reviewers and others are the ones posting this shit?

This shit could stain the scores of an otherwise phenomenal game... that's my issue here.  I have no doubt things can and will be fixed... but they should have BEFORE being printed on disc and sent to reviewers.