Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 4 remake

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RE4 deserves to be on the Mount Rushmore of games for its contributions to gaming. One of the most important games not just of its generation but of all-time.

Hating on RE4 Absolute plebs  

RE4 doesn’t need a remake. The original was so good any changes may end up making this one worse.

54 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Let. Them. Dream.

This remake is for the haters and RE "purists" (who aren't purists anymore, because they turned into hypocrites after RE2 remake).

What are you talking about?

29 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, the only thing you can find to own me.......................is a RE4 clip:blessed:You're just not getting it.

I think what you're not getting is that I owned you with your own shitty game :kaz: 

31 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I think what you're not getting is that I owned you with your own shitty game :kaz: 

No, you just demonstrated what a badass image that was with my own game.

Don't get mad because I properly labelled you a hypocrite because you jizzed over RE2 remake.

The RE2 remake is essentially the smoking gun that proves that RE4's design won.  It is now the default design for RE games.:blessed: RE purists are dead. Leon S. Kennedy killed them.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Don't get mad because I properly labelled you a hypocrite because you jizzed over RE2 remake.

The RE2 remake is essentially the smoking gun that proves that RE4's design won.  It is now the default design for RE games.:blessed: RE purists are dead. Leon S. Kennedy killed them.

You're a dumbass, RE2 remake is a proper survival horror game with limited resources, atmosphere, horror, puzzles, level design, etc.

The problem with RE4 was never the fact that it was in third person, the problem was that it was a third person shooter action game. RE2 remake didnt prove anything, RE7 was in first person and yet still retained more of classic RE design than RE4 ever did. The camera perspective was never the main issue. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Ramza said:

You're a dumbass, RE2 remake is a proper survival horror game with limited resources, atmosphere, horror, puzzles, level design, etc.

The problem with RE4 was never the fact that it was in third person, the problem was that it was a third person shooter action game. RE2 remake didnt prove anything, RE7 was in first person and yet still retained more of classic RE design than RE4 ever did. The camera perspective was never the main issue. 

Yes it was.........you're not going to retcon the bullshit that was said back in 2005.

RE4's design won. There were plenty of places where resources were limited, with atmosphere, tight quarters, puzzles, etc.

You hated the camera design because it made it more like a traditional shooter.

And now you all fawn over RE2 remake.

RE4 won.:blessed: Tank controls and forced perspective will never ever be in a RE game from this point forward. Imagine you being told that in 2005? Yup, you'd know that your side lost.

Just now, jehurey said:

Yes it was.........you're not going to retcon the bullshit that was said back in 2005.

RE4's design won. There were plenty of places where resources were limited, with atmosphere, tight quarters, puzzles, etc.

You hated the camera design because it made it more like a traditional shooter.

And now you all fawn over RE2 remake.

RE4 won.:blessed: Tank controls and forced perspective will never ever be in a RE game from this point forward. Imagine you being told that in 2005? Yup, you'd know that your side lost.

I dont care about tank controls, I never asked for them to bring it back. RE2 remake is a great and proper RE game, RE7 is a great and proper RE game. RE4 is a poor excuse of a survival horror game.

It's an action game essentially, where the main character can kick 3 zombies in the face simultaneously, dodge rockets, holds 5 grenades, a rocket launcher, a shotgun, a sub machine gun and enough ammo to start world war 3, witch dumb action vistas, environments and enemies taking center place. Enemies drops ammo and money for you to purchase items, for fuck sake.

Funny all these years you have been crying, yet you seem to have completely misunderstood the fanbase. RE4-RE6 were action games that strayed too far from the formula, period. Proper survival horror games can be done with any camera types, whats matter is how the game is designed and plays.

If you think RE4 was a great survival horror, then you simply dont like the genre. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I dont care about tank controls, I never asked for them to bring it back. RE2 remake is a great and proper RE game, RE7 is a great and proper RE game. RE4 is a poor excuse of a survival horror game.

It's an action game essentially, where the main character can kick 3 zombies in the face simultaneously, dodge rockets, holds 5 grenades, a rocket launcher, a shotgun, a sub machine gun and enough ammo to start world war 3, witch dumb action vistas, environments and enemies taking center place. Enemies drops ammo and money for you to purchase items, for fuck sake.

Funny all these years you have been crying, yet you seem to have completely misunderstood the fanbase. RE4-RE6 were action games that strayed too far from the formula, period. Proper survival horror games can be done with any camera types, whats matter is how the game is designed and plays.

If you think RE4 was a great survival horror, then you simply dont like the genre. 

Yet RE2 remake was infused with action and action-moments, and all of you absolutely jizzed yourselves over it.

RE4 goes beyond the limitations and flaws of Resident Evil.................it transcends to deliver what all gamers want.

To. Rock. That. Ass.

I believed the word you were looking for are "thank you" RE4, for there would be no RE2 remake without you.....daddy.

59 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yet RE2 remake was infused with action and action-moments, and all of you absolutely jizzed yourselves over it.

RE4 goes beyond the limitations and flaws of Resident Evil.................it transcends to deliver what all gamers want.

To. Rock. That. Ass.

I believed the word you were looking for are "thank you" RE4, for there would be no RE2 remake without you.....daddy.

RE2 discourage action and encourage players to avoid enemies altogether if possible.

Theres are huge differences between RE2 remake and RE4 in almost every facet of the gameplay and design. RE3 remake is closer but still finds a nice balance between action and pure survival horror. 

No Im thankful that RE7 and RE2 was a return to the series roots, the things that matters. RE4 influenced shit games like RE5 and RE6, theres nothing to be thankful for, while RE4 is a great game in its own rights, it also was a shit direction for the series.

Horror games are supposed to make you feel hopeless and constantly on edge. RE4 still manages to do that, despite its greater focus on combat and action in general. At its core its still a RE game, the only aspect of it that you can consider a downgrade is the puzzle design. It was definitely a bit lacking in that area.

RE4 made me feel like rambo on lsd, murdering thousands of villagers and monks in a castle. the fact that these poor folks disappear in a puddle of enchilada slobber was the scary part :mj: 

RE4 is a game that so successful in its enemy design........when you are all upgraded and powerful, they have the confidence to throw this at you near the end of the game.

re4regenerator.jpg

And boss fights..........RE4 shouldn't even be measured by MODERN GAME standards. It has to be compared to games like Super Metroid and Zelda OOT

Hell, they don't even show you the hardest enemy during single-player mode, they decided to not show him until you get to the time attack mode that unlocks after the game. Just an overabundance of riches.

Edited by jehurey