I'm not going to lie though... I think this presentation left MS a chance

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, die hard lemming thinks Microsoft has a chance.

Lemji strikes again  

I think this bodied them tbh. I did not expect them to reveal so much from their own lineup (honestly anyone that says they expected more is flat out lying) and on top of that I did not expect a digit

Posted Images

Oh boy. If lemmings were talking about how the PS5 games all looked like PS4 games I can’t wait to hear the takes on Halo and Forza lmao

Halo hasn’t been good since like 2009? When was ODST? So I’m not holding my breath. If it’s good I’ll play on PC though. 

Just now, Casual said:

Oh boy. If lemmings were talking about how the PS5 games all looked like PS4 games I can’t wait to hear the takes on Halo and Forza lmao

Halo hasn’t been good since like 2009? When was ODST? So I’m not holding my breath. If it’s good I’ll play on PC though. 

Forza is gonna SHIT on GT7 visually.  You can take that to the bank lol

Halo Infinite looks awesome visually from what we've seen :shrug: 

They have a chance.

And all will be best on PC :mjgrin: :blessed: 

I think this bodied them tbh. I did not expect them to reveal so much from their own lineup (honestly anyone that says they expected more is flat out lying) and on top of that I did not expect a digitial version that might compete at a lower price point.

GT7, a numbered GT after such a long hiatus is going to destroy a Forza Motorsport from a fan appeal aspect.

Hellblade 2 is gonna be great but i think ppl need to remember Ninja Theory is a fairly small team. They aren't competing with big Sony first party, even with MS money you don't expand that fast. The original Hellblade was incredibly limited in scope. 

Halo is Halo.

For MS to compete they need to show Fable, new Initiative game and hopefully new major Obsidian RPG. Then even then you've shown all your major titles and Sony hasn't shown anything from their biggest two developers yet. 

• Upvote 1

Microsoft showing the SAME IPs that we already expect is not going to cut it.

That would be like if Sony had this press conference today and supposed major announcements for their console reveal was:

Gran Turismo 7

God of War sequel

Uncharted sequel.

Ratchet & Clank sequel.

It would be received with a "meh" response. because we ALREADY EXPECT those games.

Sony is growing out and treating their newer IPs as tentpole games. Spiderman is a major game to look forward to. Horizon is a huge tentpole game. And then they are booking an exclusive with Square Enix, timed exclusives with Bethesda, and other AA-level games like Returnal, which could be huge hits that become IPs that get sequels.

Halo is not going to show us anything that will blow our minds. And neither will Forza.

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I think this bodied them tbh. I did not expect them to reveal so much from their own lineup (honestly anyone that says they expected more is flat out lying) and on top of that I did not expect a digitial version that might compete at a lower price point.

GT7, a numbered GT after such a long hiatus is going to destroy a Forza Motorsport from a fan appeal aspect.

Hellblade 2 is gonna be great but i think ppl need to remember Ninja Theory is a fairly small team. They aren't competing with big Sony first party, even with MS money you don't expand that fast. The original Hellblade was incredibly limited in scope. 

Halo is Halo.

For MS to compete they need to show Fable, new Initiative game and hopefully new major Obsidian RPG. Then even then you've shown all your major titles and Sony hasn't shown anything from their biggest two developers yet. 

They got bodied after the first few minutes of the show. 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Forza is gonna SHIT on GT7 visually.  You can take that to the bank lol

Halo Infinite looks awesome visually from what we've seen :shrug: 

They have a chance.

And all will be best on PC :mjgrin: :blessed: 

I don’t think it will tbh. I unno, I don’t care about racing games but MS has really over saturated Forza...you don’t really need multiple racing games from the same series each gen. 

343 hasn’t made a good halo. Not sure why we think they’ll start now. It might look good, who knows. But I can’t think of another series that fell harder and faster than Halo. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Halo is Halo.

Nah.

GT7 looked like GTSport with some RT effects...  Forza 8 will kill it lol

Ninja Theory... WAS a smaller team... they aren't anymore...  Hellblade 2 looks incredible and I'm sure it will be awesome.

Fable will definitely be shown.

MS could still have some surprises.

A few days ago this guy said it's ok if you don't want to buy any xbox console. I doubt they will have a chance.

Xbox Overlord Phil Spencer - Home | Facebook

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

They got bodied after the first few minutes of the show. 

Pretty much. Then Demon Souls and Horizon finished the job.

Then we haven't even seen their truly biggest games. God of War 2 and whatever ND is working on. Plus their largest japanese dev team is probably making Silent Hill and not shown yet. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Honestly it all depends on Silent Hill at this point. If Silent Hill exists MS automatically loses, if it doesn't MS has a fighting chance.

pepsi overdose? :| 

• dead 1
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.

GT7 looked like GTSport with some RT effects...  Forza 8 will kill it lol

Ninja Theory... WAS a smaller team... they aren't anymore...  Hellblade 2 looks incredible and I'm sure it will be awesome.

Fable will definitely be shown.

MS could still have some surprises.

You're massively underestimating GT bro. Like massively. Forza Motorsports aren't that great and it's the most milked franchise all gen up against a new numbered GT. I'm not saying which is gonna be better but which is more significant and in those terms it isn't going to be close. 

I'm sure Hellblade 2 is gonna be great but Ninja Theory still has never really made a AAA quality calibre game yet. They make good high 8 games. They aren't an Insomniac, SSM, ND, etc.

Fable will be cool but again it's a franchise that now needs to prove itself again.

So many of these MS names need to prove themselves again and they are competing with the strongest name power of Sony first parties ever.

MS will be able to compete if these new first party team deliver with their first MS exclusives games and then build up that strength for the sequels.  

Just now, madmaltese said:

You're massively underestimating GT bro. Like massively. Forza Motorsports aren't that great and it's the most milked franchise all gen up against a new numbered GT. I'm not saying which is gonna be better but which is more significant and in those terms it isn't going to be close. 

I'm sure Hellblade 2 is gonna be great but Ninja Theory still has never really made a AAA quality calibre game yet. They make good high 8 games. They aren't an Insomniac, SSM, ND, etc.

Fable will be cool but again it's a franchise that now needs to prove itself again.

So many of these MS names need to prove themselves again and they are competing with the strongest name power of Sony first parties ever.

MS will be able to compete if these new first party team deliver with their first MS exclusives games and then build up that strength for the sequels.  

I don't think I am underestimating GT.  Of course it's going to sell well.  Forza is gonna be the better game though, straight up.