2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yes you do, moron.

You have no idea what iso his camera is at.

You expect us to believe that your KS8000 now has deeper blacks and color than even the Q90 in cinema mode?

:tom:

Dude you're fucking slow... What he did is wholly irrelevant to what I did, if there was brightness and contrast blowout it would be self evident in my images as a comparative to each other. 

I'm not comparing my images to his, I'm comparing the difference in his images to each other relative to the differences in mine.

Edited by DynamitCop! ALM
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Dude you're fucking slow... What he did is wholly irrelevant to what I did, if there was brightness and contrast blowout it would be self evident in my images as a comparative to each other. 

I'm not comparing my images to his, I'm comparing the difference in his images to each other relative to the differences in mine.

No it doesn't.  You have crushed blacks when we know for a fact that an edge-lit television cannot produce deeper blacks than a FALD lcd.

That, alone, makes your photos worthless because you are nowhere near his ISO level setting.

Just now, jehurey said:

No it doesn't.  You have crushed blacks when we know for a fact that an edge-lit television cannot produce deeper blacks than a FALD lcd.

That, alone, makes your photos worthless because you are nowhere near his ISO level setting.

:snoop:

7 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

I don't need a reference to anything he did because regardless of what he did and I did there would be a glaring difference in my pictures much like his, and there's not. Contrast remains intact, the screen doesn't blow out. 

The Q90R loses its ability to local dim thus destroying its ability to manage contrast, my TV does not. I still have full control of it in Game Mode.. 

What do you mean "control".

You have no choice but to use edge-lit dimming in all modes.

Not to mention that the KS8000 can only get down to about 20ms in low-latency mode.

6 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

No it isn't.

If you are both at different ISO settings, than we cannot compare the Q90's Game Mode with ANY PHOTO you have.

It is what Remij was telling you to begin.

Dude let me explain this to you as directly as possible.

Samsung Q90 in Game Mode is probably better than ANY mode that your 2016 KS8000 can produce.

Q90 Game Mode > KS8000 Cinema Mode

Q90 Game Mode > KS8000 Game Mode.

Q90 Cinema Mode > Q90 Game Mode.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

What do you mean "control".

You have no choice but to use edge-lit dimming in all modes.

Not to mention that the KS8000 can only get down to about 20ms in low-latency mode.

My display while edge lit has adjustable local dimming capability which doesn't go away in Game Mode...

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

My display while edge lit has adjustable local dimming capability which doesn't go away in Game Mode...

Yeah I know it does.

This video SPEIFICALLY SHOWS IT:

Notice that your television has to create AN ENTIRE COLUMN of ash-ey charcoal looking gray in order to light up that small circle or small square?

Because the edge LED lights are turning on from the top and bottom, and it immediately makes that that entire vertical area look very bad.

In a "real scene" the bright areas are not just going to be in one spot, they are going to be spread out across the screen.........so you television will STILL TURN ON MOST OF ITS EDGE lighting.

Because its got no choice. One bright spot in the middle requires BOTH the top and bottom LED lights to come on.

Why are you pretending to play stupid here?

I'm done with this conversation, I know what my TV does and did well before this talk kicked off, I showed what my TV does. Game Mode doesn't handicap it like it does the Q90R. That's really all there is to it, different technologies and different panels handle things differently.

The end, discussion over. 

3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

I'm done with this conversation, I know what my TV does and did well before this talk kicked off, I showed what my TV does. Game Mode doesn't handicap it like it does the Q90R. That's really all there is to it, different technologies and different panels handle things differently.

The end, discussion over. 

It doesn't handicap it because you have a functional 435 nits during real world scenes.

So, your tv NEVER has a better contrast ratio, NEVER has deeper blacks, and NEVER has higher brightness than a current Samsung QLED television.

You stupidly don't even know how to make a proper comparison, on top of that.

You really don't know shit about televisions.

Sweetie..............television manufacturers did not switch over to BACKLIGHT LED technology because they wanted to make tv's "differently"

They did it because it was an IMPROVEMENT over edge-lighting.............I mean, Jesus, I read about that fucking EIGHT YEARS AGO. That's when we stop calling them LCDs and begun calling it LEDs (even though they are still technically LCDs).

Notice that I post actual video from RTINGS and other Professional Calibrators, and you don't.

Who am I supposed to believe?????? You? Or my lying eyes?

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It doesn't handicap it because you have a functional 435 nits during real world scenes.

So, your tv NEVER has a better contrast ratio, NEVER has deeper blacks, and NEVER has higher brightness than a current Samsung QLED television.

You stupidly don't even know how to make a proper comparison, on top of that.

You really don't know shit about televisions.

Sweetie..............television manufacturers did not switch over to BACKLIGHT LED technology because they wanted to make tv's "differently"

They did it because it was an IMPROVEMENT over edge-lighting.............I mean, Jesus, I read about that fucking EIGHT YEARS AGO. That's when we stop calling them LCDs and begun calling it LEDs (even though they are still technically LCDs).

Notice that I post actual video from RTINGS and other Professional Calibrators, and you don't.

Who am I supposed to believe?????? You? Or my lying eyes?

Nothing to do with any of the previous conversation because that's cooked, but you're exhibiting even more unrelated stupidity.

Edge lighting is back lighting, full array is back lighting, they're both back lighting. To add to this they stopped calling them LCD's because CCFL backlights were replaced by LED's, so LED just naturally became the moniker for the display.

God you're so dumb...

11 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Nothing to do with any of the previous conversation because that's cooked, but you're exhibiting even more unrelated stupidity.

Edge lighting is back lighting, full array is back lighting, they're both back lighting. To add to this they stopped calling them LCD's because CCFL backlights were replaced by LED's, so LED just naturally became the moniker for the display.

God you're so dumb...

No.

A tv that is "edge-lit" and specifically classified as "edge-lit" has its light at the PERIMETER of the display panel.

It is specifically NOT back-lighting.

And, I never claimed you were using standard fluroscent bulbs for your edge-lighting..........I am plainly aware that those are LEDs.

But they are STILL at the perimeter. That is why its called an "edge-lit" panel.

And an edge-lit panel will never beat a backlit panel for peak brightness, and it will never beat a FALD backlit panel for darkness and contrast.

You do not have a "back-lit" LED television.  Your television is prone to getting "shadows" which is typical of edge-lit technology since the very beginning.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No.

A tv that is "edge-lit" and specifically classified as "edge-lit" has its light at the PERIMETER of the display panel.

It is specifically NOT back-lighting.

And, I never claimed you were using standard fluroscent bulbs for your edge-lighting..........I am plainly aware that those are LEDs.

But they are STILL at the perimeter. That is why its called an "edge-lit" panel.

And an edge-lit panel will never beat a backlit panel for peak brightness, and it will never beat a FALD backlit panel for darkness and contrast.

You do not have a "back-lit" LED television.  Your television is prone to getting "shadows" which is typical of edge-lit technology since the very beginning.

All illuminated LCD's are backlit...

JFC :lawl:

16 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

All illuminated LCD's are backlit...

JFC :lawl:

No, a back-lit television would have LEDS directly behind the LCD pixels throughout the ENTIRE display.

You do not have that. The LED lighting in your television exists around the perimeter.

Oh my god...............are you telling you didn't even know THAT about your television?

For that same year, the higher-end KS9900 was an actual "direct back-lit" display, you have an "edge-lit" display.

if Samsung is going out of their way to make that distinction directly on their own website............what do you think that means?

GGjOBC2.png

5DUI7En.png

Holy shit.............you literally opened your mouth to embarrass yourself even more.

You know less about your own television that even I expected.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, a back-lit television would have LEDS directly behind the LCD pixels throughout the ENTIRE display.

You do not have that. The LED lighting in your television exists around the perimeter.

Oh my god...............are you telling you didn't even know THAT about your television?

For that same year, the higher-end KS9900 was an actual "direct back-lit" display, you have an "edge-lit" display.

if Samsung is going out of their way to make that distinction directly on their own website............what do you think that means

Holy shit.............you literally opened your mouth to embarrass yourself even more.

You know less about your own television that even I expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED-backlit_LCD

Edge-lit displays are back-lit displays you unrivaled fucking moron... The orientation of the lighting is irrelevant, it's illuminating the panel via light cast through the back of the panel forward...

Right from your own god damn image....

UuAWksm.png

Backlighting

Edge-lit LED

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED-backlit_LCD

Edge-lit displays are back-lit displays you unrivaled fucking moron... The orientation of the lighting is irrelevant, it's illuminating the panel via light cast through the back of the panel forward...

Sorry, semantics isn't going to help you.

Edge-lit televisions have existed since the early 2000's..........they cause shadowing.

YOUR television, even though it is using new, smaller, brighter LEDs...........is still susceptible to all the common downsides of lighting an LCD from the perimeter.

YOU do not have a back-lit DIRECTLY-LIT television.

A direct-lit television will have better peak brightness and uniformity in brightness and color throughout.

Your television is using an OUTGOING for of lighting.

Jesus christ..........you just realized that right now, didn't you? And are now trying to save face.

yeah, that's not working. You actually came back here to EMBARRASS yourself again? Jesus.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Sorry, semantics isn't going to help you.

Edge-lit televisions have existed since the early 2000's..........they cause shadowing.

YOUR television, even though it is using new, smaller, brighter LEDs...........is still susceptible to all the common downsides of lighting an LCD from the perimeter.

YOU do not have a back-lit DIRECTLY-LIT television.

A direct-lit television will have better peak brightness and uniformity in brightness and color throughout.

Your television is using an OUTGOING for of lighting.

Jesus christ..........you just realized that right now, didn't you? And are now trying to save face.

yeah, that's not working. You actually came back here to EMBARRASS yourself again? Jesus.

You're too dumb for words 

:hest:

23 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You're too dumb for words 

:hest:

No, my words make sense.

And, I also use photo proving everything I said, and video from tv experts that back up what I say.

You don't have ANY of that: Words, Photos, or Video.

I'm not the one who just tried to re-define what Edge-Lighting means, sweetie. LOL