Halo Finite Delayed to 2021

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude in his Pajamas like a gf after a breakup. Straight to the haagen daz for this guy.

lmfao this is really why he left. He knew the daily beatings he was going to have to face. 

Damn, this broke Deeno   

Posted Images

They're also basically saying that there isn't going to be a backwards compatible Xbox One version anymore.

I mean, it would be absolutely irresponsible of them to have the Xbox One version completed, and they just hold onto it into this next year while they release no games for their existing Xbox One owners.

Jesus, what are they doing.

6 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

200.gif

Without Halo, Sony is really going to mop up this holiday.  They blew the biggest chance they got at somewhat leveling the launch window.

I respect the fuck out of them for delaying it though.  I never thought it was going to happen because too much was riding on it. 

Just now, HALOmij said:

Without Halo, Sony is really going to mop up this holiday.  They blew the biggest chance they got at somewhat leveling the launch window.

I respect the fuck out of them for delaying it though.  I never thought it was going to happen because too much was riding on it. 

if it leads to a technically impressive game, then it was a great (even essential )move. in its current state, it would have backfired, since it had too many visual issues. 

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

if it leads to a technically impressive game, then it was a great (even essential )move. in its current state, it would have backfired, since it had too many visual issues. 

At least ray tracing should be in at launch now :face:  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

According to slow Jonny this means the game was canceled.

and according to @unnamed (DynamiteCop) this means series X development is in trouble, the system is hard to work with and is overheating....

:lawl:

@Alphonse and/or @-GD-

I hereby petition that you change his name to: "The Austist formerly Known as DC".

2 hours ago, nitric said:

How can you use COVID as an excuse when this trash has been in dev. for 5+ years? :D

@JONBpc  and @unnamed bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuut Sony lied that Covid19 would have an impact on development.

6 months later. 

MS Delayed Halo and lied and said Covid19 was the cause. 

:sabu:

• dead 3
Just now, Goukosan said:

Series X is running Resi 8 good though... meanwhile Halo delayed passed launch :lawl:

Yea, it's fucked.  I can't defend it.  It's a huge blow to the Series X launch.

Honestly, to me Halo didn't look that bad visually.  Like I had mentioned there were obvious issues which contributed to it looking worse than it should have... like the foliage stuff and some of the pop in stuff.  But that's stuff that can be fixed relatively easily.  And believe it or not, much like Alex from DF said, RT lighting and shadows would go a long way to showing a lot of the details that are there, even in those shadowy areas.

Now I just want to know if this is a REAL delay to actually fix issues, or a minor delay to just touch up some trouble spots..

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Yea, it's fucked.  I can't defend it.  It's a huge blow to the Series X launch.

Honestly, to me Halo didn't look that bad visually.  Like I had mentioned there were obvious issues which contributed to it looking worse than it should have... like the foliage stuff and some of the pop in stuff.  But that's stuff that can be fixed relatively easily.  And believe it or not, much like Alex from DF said, RT lighting and shadows would go a long way to showing a lot of the details that are there, even in those shadowy areas.

Now I just want to know if this is a REAL delay to actually fix issues, or a minor delay to just touch up some trouble spots..

This is more than a huge blow, this could actually be what does the series X in before kt even launches. 

You hype your base for Halo to launch on Series X.   You then have a trash showing killing majority of the hype.   You then delay the game so now Series X is launching with nothing.

PS5 will massacre the series X. 

Edited by Goukosan
13 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

lol

I wonder what 2021 means though?

That could mean as little as a measly 3 month delay, or a full year delay.

very true. at this point, holiday 2021 would be the smarter move. make this a series x killer app. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

This is more than a huge blow, this could actually be what does the series X in before kt even launches. 

You hype your base for Halo to launch on Series X.   You then have a trash showing killing majority of the hype.   You then delay the game so now Series X is launching with nothing.

PS5 will massacre the series X. 

Possibly.  I thought if they were going to delay it, they would possibly just delay the SP part of the game and keep the MP part for Series X launch.. which would at least satisfy a large portion of Halo's players out there.  But that's not the case.. so yea, this is massive.

Basically they are going to have to launch at a stupid cheap price point now to move units.  Halo should have looked amazing and it should have been absolutely MASSIVE for Series X... but jesus, they fucked it up. :D 

Halo is now delayed, and we still haven't seen any games confirmed running on Series X yet.  They haven't done their job at all in convincing people to get one.

It appears All Access and GamePass are going to be the motivators this holiday... lol

Halo's delayed

We don't have any real list of launch games yet...

We haven't seen any games running on the hardware yet...

They're REALLY fucking it all up.

I dunno what PS5 will launch with... but even just one of the bigger games they showed will be enough.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sony delays any of their games from launch to sometime later.. because there's no competition now... at all.