Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

USPS mailboxes being confiscated and loaded onto trucks in Oregon

33 minutes ago, Delita said:

Their reputation is actually spotless. They were the first to break the news on Michael jackson, Kobe and various other people dying way before anyone. 

They don’t post shit unless it’s confirmed legit.

USPS responded and TMZ didn't include any of it in their article. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with you on many parts, specially the 'boy who cried wolf' style reporting that is so popular in north America and how tiring it is. I respect that gut feeling. But it just sucks when no one d

1 hour ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

It's not really something I care to research... but it's probably overblown.

You are failing your basic responsiblities as an American.

You don't have the right to complain if you are standing by and letting something obviously illegal and undemocratic happening here.

You don't NEED to do much research...........you just have to ask yourself basic questions.

WHY was the US Postal Service created in the first place. And WHY is Trump trying to dismantle it?

You already know the answer to those questions, and you intentionally to downplay it with you "OMG FASCISMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!" post.

Its sad that people like you are on the sidelines letting this happen. Like I said.........you failed your basic responsibility as an American.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-usps-explains-why-mailboxes-were-rounded-up-in-brighton/ar-BB180pjY

After a photo of mail collection boxes on a flatbed truck in Brighton quickly garnered significant attention on Twitter Friday, the U.S. Postal Service clarified the practice is regular procedure for replacing worn-down boxes.

USPS spokesman Steve Doherty told Boston.com boxes that are rusted, in need of paint, or tagged with graffiti are brought into the service’s shop for repair, and new ones are installed to replace them.

“These trucks are on the street daily,” Doherty said in an e-mailed statement Friday evening. “They’re part of our field maintenance fleet.”

2 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-usps-explains-why-mailboxes-were-rounded-up-in-brighton/ar-BB180pjY

After a photo of mail collection boxes on a flatbed truck in Brighton quickly garnered significant attention on Twitter Friday, the U.S. Postal Service clarified the practice is regular procedure for replacing worn-down boxes.

USPS spokesman Steve Doherty told Boston.com boxes that are rusted, in need of paint, or tagged with graffiti are brought into the service’s shop for repair, and new ones are installed to replace them.

“These trucks are on the street daily,” Doherty said in an e-mailed statement Friday evening. “They’re part of our field maintenance fleet.”

You do know that their excuse just a couple of days ago was they were removing boxes where there was "too many clusters" to reduce redundancy.

And now they're saying they to replace "rusty" mailboxes...........that don't look rusty or in need of paint.

Its good to see you carrying water for the Trump admin, even though we have obvious proof of mail slowdown occurring at the post-offices themselves, from postal employees themselves, about mail sorters being shut down and removed.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

You do know that their excuse just a couple of days ago was they were removing boxes where there was "too many clusters" to reduce redundancy.

And now they're saying they to replace "rusty" mailboxes...........that don't look rusty or in need of paint.

Its good to see you carrying water for the Trump admin, even though we have obvious proof of mail slowdown occurring at the post-offices themselves, from postal employees themselves, about mail sorters being shut down and removed.

Removing boxes that are next to other boxes will not impact the election results. Stop your hyperbolic mouth breathing. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
12 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Removing boxes that are next to other boxes will not impact the election results. Stop your hyperbolic mouth breathing. 

That's not what I was saying, now was it?

I was pointing out how they are continually CHANGING their story, which makes them less credible.

Do you honestly that trying to play stupid and automatically arguing in favor of ANY of their excuses, we were somehow going to forgot the basic concept that they're continually changing their story?

And the fact that you answer any of what I brought up regarding their MAIL SORTING MACHINES being taken offline and removed, and mail employees saying that their local post offices are at their limit with holding mail?

Did you honestly think that post of yours would be sufficient to get by without me notice what you specifically didn't answer?

Edited by jehurey
32 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's not what I was saying, now was it?

I was pointing out how they are continually CHANGING their story, which makes them less credible.

Do you honestly that trying to play stupid and automatically arguing in favor of ANY of their excuses, we were somehow going to forgot the basic concept that they're continually changing their story?

And the fact that you answer any of what I brought up regarding their MAIL SORTING MACHINES being taken offline and removed, and mail employees saying that their local post offices are at their limit with holding mail?

Did you honestly think that post of yours would be sufficient to get by without me notice what you specifically didn't answer?

Both articles cooke posted mentioned replacing damaged and rusty boxes. Chill the fuck out. I actually live in Eugene and we have tons of mailboxes. I'm still going to be able to drop off my ballot in a box within 2 minutes of me. 

Edited by Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess
4 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Both articles cooke posted mentioned replacing damaged and rusty boxes. Chill the fuck out. I actually live in Eugene and we have tons of mailboxes. I'm still going to be able to drop off my ballot in a box within 2 minutes of me. 

I love how this guy is actually running with defending BOTH STORIES at the same time, just in case. LOL

Covering his ass at both corners.

..........and once again.

MAIL SORTING MACHINES are being taken offline with no reason given. Mail employees are saying that their post offices are completely full (which has never happened before).

.........and you idiots think that your mailbox stories are good enough to get you out of this.

7 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

do you believe in the truth or just left vs right at all times? Stop being so cultish

and why did you acknowledge some facts, but not other facts?

Like the mail sorting machines being taken offline, and mail employees saying that their offices are literally full of mail?

Care to explain how a person who is supposedly lecturing us about truth.........managed to forgot those truths????????

24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love how this guy is actually running with defending BOTH STORIES at the same time, just in case. LOL

Covering his ass at both corners.

..........and once again.

MAIL SORTING MACHINES are being taken offline with no reason given. Mail employees are saying that their post offices are completely full (which has never happened before).

.........and you idiots think that your mailbox stories are good enough to get you out of this.

I was never defending mail sorting machines taken offline you twat. This thread is about the removal of post boxes. 

1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I was never defending mail sorting machines taken offline you twat. This thread is about the removal of post boxes. 

Yes your were........you were clearly trying to say that Trump is NOT intentionally trying to slow down the post office.

Little too late to try and pretend you were arguing a very narrow focus.

Let's take a look at your responses to see what you are CLEARLY saying:

1 hour ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

will not impact the election results. Stop your hyperbolic mouth breathing. 

Oh..............so in that statement you got to say "well, yeah I guess all the OTHER STUFF would impact the mail, but I'm only focused on the mail boxes part"

Did you think that would work?

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yes your were........you were clearly trying to say that Trump is NOT intentionally trying to slow down the post office.

Little too late to try and pretend you were arguing a very narrow focus.

Let's take a look at your responses to see what you are CLEARLY saying:

Oh..............so in that statement you got to say "well, yeah I guess all the OTHER STUFF would impact the mail, but I'm only focused on the mail boxes part"

Did you think that would work?

I was talking about the fucking mail boxes!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I was talking about the fucking mail boxes!!!!!!!!

Except you were clearly trying to downplay complaints that the Trump is trying to mess with the mail system.

You go around saying words like "hyperbolic mouth breathing" because you are clearly trying to make a criticism of "the left" and their complaints about what is going on with the mail.

And you thought posting an article about the mailboxes was going to be enough for you to make that claim.

Don't try that bullshit with GD.............I'm the one BRINGING THE EVIDENCE.

and your the one trying to avoid.

There is no merry-go-round................there is simply you saying "ok.........I don't have an explanation for that, that clearly looks like he's trying to slow down mail"

But you don't want to admit that..................you're causing the merry-go-round.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except you were clearly trying to downplay complaints that the Trump is trying to mess with the mail system.

You go around saying words like "hyperbolic mouth breathing" because you are clearly trying to make a criticism of "the left" and their complaints about what is going on with the mail.

And you thought posting an article about the mailboxes was going to be enough for you to make that claim.

Don't try that bullshit with GD.............I'm the one BRINGING THE EVIDENCE.

and your the one trying to avoid.

There is no merry-go-round................there is simply you saying "ok.........I don't have an explanation for that, that clearly looks like he's trying to slow down mail"

But you don't want to admit that..................you're causing the merry-go-round.

Bannned