Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

2020 United States presidential debates thread (stay on-topic keep it civil or don't post)

• bhytre changed the title to 2020 United States presidential debates thread (stay on-topic keep it civil or don't post)
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three debates between the presidential candidates are scheduled to take place on September 29, October 15, and October 22, 2020 Keep posts civil and stay on-topic

I don't follow this person but a friend posted their take on the debate and it's a good hot take. Quite perfectly actually.    Unsolicited opinion from a black man: everything that's wrong w

Every election cycle, this happens:          'How to move to Canada': Americans rush to Google after unwatchable debate   https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/s

Posted Images

I don't follow this person but a friend posted their take on the debate and it's a good hot take. Quite perfectly actually. 

Unsolicited opinion from a black man: everything that's wrong with race in America is three white men starting a conversation "about race" and having it immediately degenerate into an argument about "law and order."

• Upvote 1

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/30/21495284/data-for-progress-debate-poll

A new poll by Data for Progress provided exclusively to Vox shows that viewers thought Democratic nominee Joe Biden decisively won Tuesday’s first presidential debate against President Donald Trump, by a 52-39 margin.

The poll surveyed debate watchers but then weighted the demographics of the survey group to the population of likely voters in November. Most pollsters don’t do this, which ends up skewing their results toward Democrats because left-leaning college graduates are disproportionately likely to watch debates.

But even with the more Trump-friendly weighting, the poll shows a clear win for Biden and, not coincidentally, a fairly overwhelming sense that Biden’s conduct during the debate was more presidential.

Edited by Kitad
6 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I don't follow this person but a friend posted their take on the debate and it's a good hot take. Quite perfectly actually. 

Unsolicited opinion from a black man: everything that's wrong with race in America is three white men starting a conversation "about race" and having it immediately degenerate into an argument about "law and order."

well put. 

Every election cycle, this happens: 

'How to move to Canada': Americans rush to Google after unwatchable debate

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/30/how-to-move-to-canada-google-searches-trump-us-debate

Google reports peak number of searches for ‘How to apply for Canadian citizenship’ after chaotic Trump-Biden skirmish

Searches initially peaked about an hour into the debate, at about 10.30pm, according to the search engine.

But it looks like the news unsettled people into the night – there has since been a second wave of searches on how to get Canadian citizenship – with most of the searches happening in the early hours of this morning. The search was most popular in Massachusetts, followed by Washington and Michigan.

• aitch 1

Is the right going to finally admit that Trump is a racist and supports a terror organization?

I can't believe what I witnessed in the debates last night, a sitting president failing to condemn terrorists. He was thrown a soft ball but not only did he strike out, he shit and pissed himself. Biden won the debates by a wide margin, he had great answers for a lot of the questions. Rocky start, but he continued to keep his poise and give thoughtful answers while the orange dipshit was yelling and debating the moderator. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It won't. Trump people like him being terrible so he gave them what they want. I honestly think the vp debate will be important this election. 

2 squinty eyed liars squinting at each others. 

33 minutes ago, Kitad said:

Both sides 🧏‍♀️🧔👨‍🦰👿💀🤬🤬💀

I've noticed how people on the right have just rested on false equivalency as their only go to defense. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible

LMAO I LOVE THIS.

"High QUALITY SCI-FI DEVICE"

I Love it when people who are racist, xenophobic and otherwise bigoted hide behind their religious beliefs because eventually they all get outed.

I love that the right is losing their minds speculating what kind of strange foreign object (A ROSARY BTW--look it up zealots) is on Joe Biden's wrist.