Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

President Trump Covid-19 illness updates thread

A fascinating dispatch from Gabriel Sherman of Vanity Fair, who cites “two Republicans briefed on the family conversations” in reporting that Donald Trump Jr is worried by his dad’s car-ride-and-tweet-storm response to being hospitalised with Covid-19:

‘Don Jr has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,’ a source said. Don Jr is said to be reluctant to confront his father alone. ‘Don said, ‘I’m not going to be the only one to tell him he’s acting crazy,’’ the source added.

One area where the family seems united is over the president’s manic tweeting early Monday morning. After Trump sent out more than a dozen all-caps tweets, the Trump children told people they want Trump to stop. ‘They’re all worried. They’ve tried to get him to stop tweeting,’ a source close to the family told me.

Sherman also notes that “last night the New York Times reported that steroids, which Trump is reportedly taking, specifically dexamethasone, are known to ‘affect mood, causing euphoria or a general happiness’, and added a paragraph about “a long history in the Trump family of denying serious illness”.

“According to a Trump family friend,” Sherman wrote…

…Trump’s father, Fred Trump Sr, insisted on working even after his Alzheimer’s disease advanced in the 1990s … Every day Fred Sr would go to the office in Brooklyn and they would give him blank papers to sort through and sign. The phone on Fred’s desk was set up so that it could only dial out to his secretary. “Fred pretended to work,” the family friend said.

On Saturday night, the White House released pictures of Trump at work at Walter Reed. The internet noticed that a paper he was signing in one shot appeared to be blank.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the White House did not immediately comment. :woody:

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dunno, they all took an oath to die for the president        

Posted Images

Guy looks like he's gasping and in pain

Probably can't breath through his nose fully yet...

but still the question is... why the fuck is he back so soon...  I know he wants to appear "tough" but... he's just going to infect more people :shake: 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

but still the question is... why the fuck is he back so soon...  I know he wants to appear "tough" but... he's just going to infect more people :shake: 

Ego. Plain and simple. 

10 hours ago, Remij said:

Because he is a clown.  This guy can't even follow basic protocols and quarantine for 14 days.   Now he is going to infect even more people around him and further spread the virus throughout the Whitehouse and his staff. 

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Because he is a clown.  This guy can't even follow basic protocols and quarantine for 14 days.   Now he is going to infect even more people around him and further spread the virus throughout the Whitehouse and his staff. 

I mean he's the same guy who took a ride around the block in the car like a child because he was bored after like 30 hours or quarantine.