Official Cyberpunk discussion thread *Remember, unmarked spoilers = ban*

Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?

• PC
    • PS4
    • Xbone
    • PS4 for PS5
    • Xbone for Series S/X
    • Waiting for proper PS5/Series X versions
    • None. Fuck this flop.

4 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

It's not two genres, since when have we ever tried labeling games two genres, it's either one or the other.

Stop you are the one angry that I busted your balls showing you them publish the game as an "Action Adventure.".  Now sit down.

I actually added to "action-adventure" to make a point. to show you how wrong you are. you didn't bust anyone's balls except yourself and it's like you can't bail out of our own retarded narrative.

you simply can't accept that you DON'T or DIDN'T know what the fuck a RPG is. A ROLE PLAYING GAME. ROLE PLAYING A CHARACTER. 

seriously how many times do I have to say it. just shut the fuck up. I'm playing godpunk now AND ROLE PLAY AS V. In this futuristic ROLE PLAYING GAME. 

see you later fagg :mj: :-* save dat brain power of yours, you clearly seem to be lacking in that department. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn, Cyberpunk is the most realistic game of 2020.   

Lmao, console version is a joke. Seriously just get the PC version if you have a capable PC.  

Posted Images

Just now, kazpunk said:

I actually added to "action-adventure" to make a point. to show you how wrong you are. you didn't bust anyone's balls except yourself and it's like you can't bail out of our own retarded narrative.

you simply can't accept that you DON'T or DIDN'T know what the fuck a RPG is. A ROLE PLAYING GAME. ROLE PLAYING A CHARACTER. 

seriously how many times do I have to say it. just shut the fuck up. I'm playing godpunk now AND ROLE PLAY AS V. In this futuristic ROLE PLAYING GAME. 

see you later fagg :mj: :-* save dat brain power of yours, you clearly seem to be lacking in that department. 

I don't know what RPGs is?  do you not realize who you are talking to?

You added to action-adventure wrong too.

It's a cyber punk themed action-adventure game.

Nah, this game is an RPG at its core. The amount of character customization and world exploring is astonishing. You can do whole missions by simply using quick hacks. There’s also a ton of freedom to explore the overworld and just stumble upon random shit. 

16 minutes ago, Ike said:

Nah, this game is an RPG at its core. The amount of character customization and world exploring is astonishing. You can do whole missions by simply using quick hacks. There’s also a ton of freedom to explore the overworld and just stumble upon random shit. 

Those are traits of just about every AA/AAA game of the last 10 years. 

This game is about as RPG as Mass Effect 2 would be considered RPG.

I think people want this to be a RPG badly because of Witcher 3, which is a real RPG and way bigger game. 

I'm enjoying CP2077 so far but I think CDPR was right on finalizing the game as a "action adventure".

Edited by The Mother Fucker
7 hours ago, kazpunk said:

you might say it hurts the flexibility of the gameplay, i get that and it's valid but as soon as you say it hurts the "RPG flexibility" I think your complaint is bullshit.

also with motherfucker, seriously, it's like you guys don't understand what ROLE PLAYING means. YOU EVER PLAYED DND?

It does hurt the flexibility because it reduces your gameplay options and the type of roles you can play. Deus Ex for example let’s you put your preferred weapon attachments on nearly any gun, so it’s unfortunate that Cyberpunk is more limited in that regard.

8 hours ago, Delita said:

The game is an FPS

I played it without shooting tho. One of my V is a dude who punches stuff the other is a dude who only  casts spells (quickhacks). They can do everything on very hard with ease.

Edited by Substatic

I unno what you nerds are arguing about in here.

But I'm really digging this game. Not too far in, just made it past the interlude, but the world is absolutely fantastic. They really nailed the design imo. I've been pretty lucky bugs wise, I'm playing on PS5 (originally started on PC but the game wasn't running great)....had a single hard crash and a handful of obvious bugs, but they haven't been gamebreaking and mostly are just funny.

Can't wait for it to get an official next gen patch. Think I'm going to mostly go through the main story for now and do a more complete playthrough when it gets the upgrade.

27 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I got a refund. I’ll revisit it once it gets a next gen patch. 

Speaking of patch, I been reading how the game is currently gimped on AMD Ryzen CPUs at the moment.

As it's only recognizing Ryzen processor cores and ignoring the processor's symmetric multi-threads leading to a bit loss of performance for a lot of users on Ryzen who are getting just 30-40% CPU usage out of the game, and massive FPS dips when player enter out into the open world.  I have noticed this playing on my Ryzen 7 3700X but haven't paid closer attention because my GPU/ VRAM would often go to 100% while playing on 1080p. 

There's a workaround fix that requires editing the .exe with a HEX editor to fix that can add 10-25% boost in performance based on which core Ryzen CPU you have.  Greater if you are 8 or 6 core Ryzens,  slight improvement with 12 cores, and you are likely to see no improvements on 16 or greater core Ryzens.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
12 hours ago, Ike said:

I totally get how one person could score this a 7 and another a 9. It’s a really great world and it is a great rpg at its core. Just the technical issues are big and should be docked. The game crashes at least a few times on extended play throughs. Still, I’m enjoying getting lost in the world and the side missions are awesome. 

I really like the game but it's a mess. There's definitely a level of polish missing from the game. Part of it is lack of development time and the other is quite honestly them merging FPS and RPG elements but missing the refinements of the FPS....possibly the RPG one too but I dont enough of them to sniff them out on a granular level. 

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Ok, im pretty disappointed by how limited the weapon customization is. I found a non-lethal mod and thought 'great! Now I can combine it with silencer mod and make the perfect Pistol for a non-lethal stealth playstyle' but as it turns out, my most powerful pistol did not have the slot for the non lethal mod nor for the silencer even. So I thought I'd try to put it on a sniper rifle instead, but was lacking one of the slots as well. I ended up having to put them both on a shitty pistol that had both slots, but its not good enough to knock enemies out in a single headshot, so unless you're quick on the trigger you'll find yourself with aggro'd enemies and a active combat state.

This is kind of baffling design on CDPR's part, and really hurts the RPG flexibility that they're going for.

uh, Not sure as I haven't used my non lethal gun mods yet but from what I think is right is that the guns are based on tech and ballistics and each have their strengths and weaknesses. Ballistic guns not being able to accept non-lethal mods makes sense as you're still shooting bullets where the tech guns are energy based so they can accept mods that an energy weapon can. 

A silenced, non lethal single shot weapon seems like something that would pretty much nerf the gaming experience anyway. Plus the nonlethal aspect is for securing people that you need alive. This isn't Splinter Cell. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

uh, Not sure as I haven't used my non lethal gun mods yet but from what I think is right is that the guns are based on tech and ballistics and each have their strengths and weaknesses. Ballistic guns not being able to accept non-lethal mods makes sense as you're still shooting bullets where the tech guns are energy based so they can accept mods that an energy weapon can. 

A silenced, non lethal single shot weapon seems like something that would pretty much nerf the gaming experience anyway. Plus the nonlethal aspect is for securing people that you need alive. This isn't Splinter Cell. 

But thats the thing, the powerful pistol I mentioned IS a tech pistol. The other (less powerful) one is either of the smart/power variety so it makes no sense why I can put those mods on that one and not the other one.

Theres just little consistency or logic to how they designed that stuff.

2 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Speaking of patch, I been reading how the game is currently gimped on AMD Ryzen CPUs at the moment.

As it's only recognizing Ryzen processor cores and ignoring the processor's symmetric multi-threads leading to a bit loss of performance for a lot of users on Ryzen who are getting just 30-40% CPU usage out of the game, and massive FPS dips when player enter out into the open world.  I have noticed this playing on my Ryzen 7 3700X but haven't paid closer attention because my GPU/ VRAM would often go to 100% while playing on 1080p. 

There's a workaround fix that requires editing the .exe with a HEX editor to fix that can add 10-25% boost in performance based on which core Ryzen CPU you have.  Greater if you are 8 or 6 core Ryzens,  slight improvement with 12 cores, and you are likely to see no improvements on 16 or greater core Ryzens.

I actually just tried that fix and the game does feel a bit smoother based on some quick testing. They definitely need to patch the game so its making use of the SMT by default.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I really like the game but it's a mess. There's definitely a level of polish missing from the game. Part of it is lack of development time and the other is quite honestly them merging FPS and RPG elements but missing the refinements of the FPS....possibly the RPG one too but I dont enough of them to sniff them out on a granular level. 

Yeah, I agree that it's a mess but still really enjoyable. I'm taking my time with it and just exploring and finding new stuff all the time. If I was just to rush through the game with the intention of seeing the story, I think it's average but taking in the setting and characters and everything the world has to offer is just so intoxicating. I'm impressed by the world that CDPR has created. Looking forward a lot to the next-gen update whenever it comes.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I actually just tried that fix and the game does feel a bit smoother based on some quick testing. They definitely need to patch the game so its making use of the SMT by default.

I want to try the patch fix to get the potential FPS boost, but I'll give them a week until CDPR officially patch the game.

I definitely want that patch enabled when I start testing on my R5 2600 and GTX 1660 Ti later this month.