Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Can we get rid of the Trump thumbs up?

4 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I do. Their love of war and destruction, I've talked about that countless times. Unless endless war is now popular with the left?  

As always there's alot to unpack with what you say. First, weren't you the one policing when people can compare things to Nazis but here you are with a Stalin comparison. 

So your two big political issues are war and movies/television. Lol OK. 

There's more to life than that and you some how act as if the right doesn't want to censor literature, movies, music, and television. I've already told the story of when I was doing typesetting and design having to edit out sections of books that talked about dinosaurs and evolution from science books for conservative school districts. 

Where were you when Trump was pushing for new "pro-american" curriculums in public institutions? 

Might just be me but I'm fine with a gay actress playing a gay character or 10 second cameo by Trump being edited out of fucking Home Alone 2 (I personally think it's a silly idea but ultimately don't care) 

To keep this from being too TLDR, here is a quick take on some issues that I care about more than Home Alone 2.

Decimated departments like the EPA since Trump didn't care about clean air/water.

Bolstered military spending.

Removal of the woman's protection act that was aimed at supporting victims of domestic violence and rape at home or college. (Trump is pro-rape) trans rights, gay marriage and adoption rights. 

Trump's war on poor and underprivileged people. A guy who never polled above 50% and had an election plan of telling poor people he would keep them from moving up in order to make white suburban woman feel safe and he didn't win? Wow. 

Dramatic removal of safety protections for high risk workers. Yes he was pro coal, but also his new regulations lead to a spike in miner fatalities... Notice he hadn't talked about the miners in 3 years? 

Pardoning war criminals who committed a massacre in an unstable region. (while going ham and executing as many death row inmates as possible after during the election time to now) 

No interest in the education department...dude never talked about education other than his brown shirt shit.

Weaponinizing seizing people's children as punishment for crossing the border. 

Healthcare... Lmfao. 

But yes Cooke, gay black Batwoman and Home Alone 2 edits is really bad and I can see why you chose to be outraged over them instead. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

nope. People have the right to show up and peacefully dispute the election results and others should be able to voice that. All you’re doing is continuing to show your anti-American impulses.

What's more anti American than an insurrection and trying to undermine the integrity of our democracy?

3 hours ago, nitric said:

In his tweet he was openly supporting the terrorist act that occurred. Are you daft? Do you also support those people, Twinkie? Does it make you more American than me? 

You're twisting his words to make things sound worse than they are, gee where have I seen that done before.

I've seen far worse things said during the Floyd riots yet nobody lifted a finger to purge those people from the internet, fire them from their jobs, publicly shame them, or use other methods to completely silence them.

But even I wasn't counting on anything being done because despite completely disagreeing with their appalling, divisive rhetoric I know that they had the right to express themselves.

In fact, do you know what one of my favorite quotes is?

'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'. 

That exemplifies America...at least until Trump was elected and liberals starting trying their hardest to shit on him and his supporters with North Korea style tactics.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You're twisting his words to make things sound worse than they are, gee where have I seen that done before.

I've seen far worse things said during the Floyd riots yet nobody lifted a finger to purge those people from the internet, fire them from their jobs, publicly shame them, or use other methods to completely silence them.

But even I wasn't counting on anything being done because despite completely disagreeing with their appalling, divisive rhetoric I know that they had the right to express themselves.

In fact, do you know what one of my favorite quotes is?

'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'. 

That exemplifies America...at least until Trump was elected and liberals starting trying their hardest to shit on him and his supporters with North Korea style tactics.

Didn't Trump call all players who peacefully knelt "sons of bitches who need to be fired from their jobs on the spot" ? 

And when he was busy saying these things did Republicans boo him or say that isn't right and they were peacefully expressing their hurt? Or did they cheer and agree? 

What's fucked about this situation is we have now had our 3rd or 4th angry white mob forceful take over of a government building in 4 years and less of these people were shot than black people just sitting in their homes doing nothing during the same time period and people like you being up BLM protest like they were marching for the new iPhone or something. 

Stop pretending you have any sort of moral high ground when you are just a scared dude in the burbs and not totally down for some fascism when it works in your favor. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
40 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Oh, I'm sure you don't. 

Kolin Capernick got crucified for kneeling during the national anthem, but people who actually participated in an insurrection are supposed to be treated as if nothing happened....lol