• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This you?  

Sheep think they are more knowledgeable than Alex from DF 🤣🤣🤣

remember when GS was supposed to be biased against Xbox? but but Tobias Isreal   GS: 9 Meta: 71  

Posted Images

Just finished it. I think people are going to have lots of mixed feelings about the ending.

But I really enjoyed the game despite its faults. It doesn’t really have the scare factor or feeling of dread that you’d get from a good horror game though. It’s more of a atmospheric narrative adventure more than anything else. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished it. I think people are going to have lots of mixed feelings about the ending.

But I really enjoyed the game despite its faults. It doesn’t really have the scare factor or feeling of dread that you’d get from a good horror game though. It’s more of a atmospheric narrative adventure more than anything else. 

That’s exactly how I’d describe it. Having complete it, how close am I to the end? 

Finished it. I definitely enjoyed this atmospheric journey. I think the sound design ended up stealing the show. As for the rest of the packaging, it was a mixed bag. Some of the visuals were amazing, while others were just ok.  The combat and puzzles did a nice job stringing together the plot points, but they were pretty easy. The ending..well, it’s an ending. I was fine with it. This reminded me a lot of Hellblade, where the vibe made up for its shallow gameplay. I give the game a 7.5

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Delita said:

I just started and made it up to the front door of niwa. It’s pretty interesting so far. Also the main character talks way too much

Yeah, she talks a lot in the beginning. She’s a very good character, though. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Finished it. I definitely enjoyed this atmospheric journey. I think the sound design ended up stealing the show. As for the rest of the packaging, it was a mixed bag. Some of the visuals were amazing, while others were just ok.  The combat and puzzles did a nice job stringing together the plot points, but they were pretty easy. The ending..well, it’s an ending. I was fine with it. This reminded me a lot of Hellblade, where the vibe made up for its shallow gameplay. I give the game a 7.5

Spoiler

I think the whole Lily stuff could have been fleshed out more. A small segment where you played as her and saw things from her perspective would have added a lot the story. Instead they sort of just dump her at the end of the game accompanied by some flavor text in the bunker, and thats really it.

Lots of potential for DLC or a sequel though, and the after credits scene does imply that theres going to be some kind of followup.

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So I completely forgot that Akira Yamaoka did the soundtrack. I guess that aspect was a bit disappointing because its pretty average overall compared to the typical SH soundtrack.

He’s been phoning it ever since after SH4. His name still carries weight but I don’t expect anything noteworthy from him anymore

Finished it. Second half of the game definitely better than the first and the narrative and atmosphere carry the game. Gameplay is extremely average to say the least. The puzzles get a little better near the end but for the majority of the game they are extremely bland. Level design, puzzles and stealth are all bare bone components. With that said, the plot moves alone a decent pace and you're never too bored with the gameplay because you'll hit the next story beat which is always intriguing. The game improves dramatically when secondary characters are introduced and I think my fav moments of the game are 2 cutscenes lol. 

I liked some of themes they go for and some of the voice acting was really good, however the main character was by far the least interesting in the game. 

I was a fan of the ending, but I like that style of ending. I can very much see others hating it. 

Overall I'd give it a 7-7.5 thanks to the story. 

Spoiler

The Thomas visions and the segments of the game where you play as him were by far the highlight imo, even though they had the worst gameplay. Really cool atmosphere and the way those sections delved into the mind and history of a character and their demons was really cool. Would like a whole game just like that tbh. Actually gave me Persona vibes :biggrin:

6 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished it. Second half of the game definitely better than the first and the narrative and atmosphere carry the game. Gameplay is extremely average to say the least. The puzzles get a little better near the end but for the majority of the game they are extremely bland. Level design, puzzles and stealth are all bare bone components. With that said, the plot moves alone a decent pace and you're never too bored with the gameplay because you'll hit the next story beat which is always intriguing. The game improves dramatically when secondary characters are introduced and I think my fav moments of the game are 2 cutscenes lol. 

I liked some of themes they go for and some of the voice acting was really good, however the main character was by far the least interesting in the game. 

I was a fan of the ending, but I like that style of ending. I can very much see others hating it. 

Overall I'd give it a 7-7.5 thanks to the story. 

Hide contents

The Thomas visions and the segments of the game where you play as him were by far the highlight imo, even though they had the worst gameplay. Really cool atmosphere and the way those sections delved into the mind and history of a character and their demons was really cool. Would like a whole game just like that tbh. Actually gave me Persona vibes :biggrin:

Spoiler

Thomas was awesome!

20 hours ago, -GD-X said:

LMFAO meanwhile you play shit that looks 2 gens old :D 

That has charm and ageless graphics. Super Mario Galaxy will always look good.

im playing this game on an OLED, with a series x, it just doesn’t look that good. It’s blurry asf, no interaction with the environment from what I saw, and a shit ton of clipping. This is after about 20 mins of playing so maybe I gets better, but I will never know 

Edited by ghostz life matters
1 hour ago, ghostz life matters said:

That has charm and ageless graphics. Super Mario Galaxy will always look good.

im playing this game on an OLED, with a series x, it just doesn’t look that good. It’s blurry asf, no interaction with the environment from what I saw, and a shit ton of clipping. This is after about 20 mins of playing so maybe I gets better, but I will never know 

Buh buy teh charm :cry: stfu :D