Steam Deck struggles to maintain 60fps on medium settings in Doom Eternal

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

See if I got one, it would be for indie and PS3 era games, many of which I like to go back and play.

Fuck leaving this thing on a table for a week while it downloads a 100gb game. Some of us live in third world countries that don't support modern internet speeds.

Would be cool if you could just connect it to your PC, the Steam client recognizes a Deck is connected, and you can just pick the games you have installed on your PC in a manager, and it will transfer those games over to the Deck seamlessly.

You'll already be able to use it as a Steam Link "remote play" device and stream the games from your PC. 

This thing will be capable of tons of cool shit.. and besides all that, like you sort of alluded to is that it will be an awesome emulation machine too for tons of older console games.  The amount of content that you can consume on this device is just insane.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lmao Gabe Gear

Goukosan waited months to get some trash port of DOOM Eternal on Swhit running at 576/720p and looking like a PS3 game.     DOOM Eternal | Switch VS PS4 | Graphics Comparison & FPS - You

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Well, there's the SD slot, and you can buy a big one whenever.. but obviously that's an added cost, so I get what you're saying.  Also jury is out if it affects the performance of games beyond just longer loading times.

I wouldn't have bought the base model either.  I bought the 256GB version.  But I mean, the hardware power is there.

I know once you start getting into the $500 and $600 price ranges it's outside the range of most people.. considering it's a portable device... but truthfully speaking, the capability, and the sheer library of games you can play on it... it's honesty not bad even at those prices IMO.

Having your Steam library is the only thing that makes it valuable imo. But that alone i can see being worth it for many people.

1 hour ago, JonbX said:

Having your Steam library is the only thing that makes it valuable imo. But that alone i can see being worth it for many people.

Yeah, I have like 750 games on Steam. I didn't even question buying this, it was an immediate pre-order. 

15 hours ago, Remij said:

I'm not selling you anything :mj: 

You're the one who's trying to tell me to be concerned about issues YOU think it has.  I'm telling you they aren't issues to me. 

Yes you are, you're trying to sell the Steam Deck by somehow magically giving it thousands of free games that seemingly appeared out of nowhere.....for free.

Yeah they are issues, because YOU DECLARED 30fps Doom running on a handheld to be a failure, when the Switch did.

So naturally, its a failure when the Steam Deck does it.

All I'm doing is applying your own standards to the Steam Deck failing as well, and even worse, how it only lasts for 2 hours before running out of battery. LOL

Holy shit, look at this world-class meltdown from these two poor bastards.

15 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Oh this fucking hypocrite :D

WIi missed many popular games, WIi U missed many popular games, Switch missed many.

When people were playing Cod, Bioshock, assassin's creed, mass effect, GTA etc this fucker was on this very forum telling us how Wii PSP ports like medal of honor heroes 2 and prince of persia were just as good, how dead space extraction and other spinoffs were equal to the main series, and how WIi shovelware was just as good as "real games".

Do you remember those days Jerry? because I remember those days. You were all over Manhunt 2 :RISITAS:

Now if your system doesn't run Destiny 2 or Apex legends it isn't worth shit. Speaking of which how are the Switch versions of those games? :wonder: pretty good I imagine

Why are you comparing it to the Wii?

You're now comparing spinoff videogames...............which are DIFFERENT videogames..........to spinoff hardware?

:tom:Holy shit, is this pretty much telling us the root of his butthurt...............15 years ago?

You just tried to give to Steam Deck the advantage of being "a gaming PC"

Except it literally doesn't play half of the Top 10 most popular games the STEAM USERS are currently playing on their PC.

Correct? I didn't say those are the 10 most importants............to me, did I? Those are the Top 10 most popular games, to existing Steam users.

This is the narrative he wants us to believe so badly... that he only plays AAA top end games... no indie games... nothing.  (though his PS profile shows he doesn't play much AAA games either :risitas2:)

And LMAO oh noes no Destiny 2 or Apex legends.. :tear2: 

Meanwhile if you REALLY must play those games... you can simply buy a Win10 key for $10 and install windows on it and play it :drake: 

Well I don't play amateur indie trash that makes up the back end of Steam library.

Like I said before. The Google Play Store has 600,000 games, almost none of them curated or made by professional developers.

By your logic................you're impressed by that, correct?

15 hours ago, TLHBO said:

He keeps moving the goalposts to the point that he's really making his own systems look bad :D

It's obvious he's speaking out of his ass too. He's under this impression that nothing works, which is understandable but incorrect. As someone who has been using Steam on Linux for a few months now it's quite the opposite. Every single game I've wanted to install and play has worked. All but one worked out of the box, and the one that needed some tinkering also needed tinkering to work on Windows 10 as it was a W7 game. Proton is like black magic. Some actually worked better than they did on windows 10 :D

Of the games that don't work the biggest factor by far is anti-cheat, which Valve is working on. If they get that sorted for the Deck launch then the amount that won't work will be negligible and Jerry will look like even more of a fool.

Speaking of which I've just run a search for some games on Switch

Call of Duty

Destiny 2

Apex Legends

Player unknown battlegrounds

Seems all I can find is Apex Legends. Where are the rest @jehurey?

In fact lets do top 10 Steam games as you said

1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 466610   778303 375119053
2. Dota 2 374443   678994 311414936
3. Apex Legends 132179   330476 103568580
4. Rust 115099   155634 66477969
5. Grand Theft Auto V 104439   218784 93229229
6. Team Fortress 2 76314   96222 57940302
7. Testapp2020 71989   97339 5238047
8. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS 71061   416393 139598872
9. Splitgate (Beta) 65779   67724 11102946
10. FINAL FANTASY XIV Online 61190   67019

Can you show me how the Switch versions of these games perform? I'd really like to try CS: GO on Switch

No, you moved the goalposts.

My initial comment was how you guys are hypocrite for calling the Switch a failure for playing Doom at 30fps at low settings.

But the Steam Deck plays Doom at 30fps at medium settings, and you guys are more than happy with that.

For hardware processors that are LITERALLY six years apart from when they were developed and manufactured.

All of a sudden, both of you started changing the direction of the argument towards its games list.

I didn't move the goalposts. Just caught you guys lying.

Yea, it's typical of him.  He hates Valve and Gabe almost as much as he hates MS and Phil.

You can tell it's the butthurt too... because he looks for anything he can to hate on those people/companies... while completely ignoring all the issues and bullshit with the platforms that he likes.

I mean PC as a platform is trash... It doesn't get any games made for the expensive overpriced hardware it requires... if we're talking about PS5.... but his PC that he plays on is amazing and the best!!

Problem is that we can see he doesn't play his PS5 at all... so that must mean that he's playing that.. and not his PS5.

Damn... but the PS5 and it's next gen exclusives are so amazing! :francis: 

And now we're at Beggij trying to project his butthurt onto me.

Notice that he's now bring up his butthurt about my making fun of Phil.

he's not talking about me.

He's talking about his butthurt......he even brings up the PS5 out of nowhere, because he's butthurt about Sony embarrassing Phil, and he's been begging for Playstation games ever since he stopped playing them back in 2014.

Its funny how at no point in his post.........he never described anything that I talk about, but he described multiple things he rages about. The projection is obvious. LOL

Edited by jehurey
42 minutes ago, Remij said:

^ :hehe: 

I'm done with you fool. :tom: 

LOL he got popped in the mouth, again

Especially when he made a post in which he committed about 3 obvious Fruedian slips and revealed what he's butthurt about with me.

Jerry is a REAL gamer.

- He won’t accept medium settings or 30fps, it’s only ULTRA HD for him and no less than bare minimum 60fps. You wont catch Jehurey playing watered down ports and he sure as hell isn’t going to be playing games like Doom at 30fps and medium settings.

- Indie games? Lol Jerry only plays the most cutting edge games from the most high profile publishers. Call of Duty, GTA, Battlefield, Destiny. If you ain’t heard of it then Jerry ain’t playing it.

- As a high skilled competitive gamer who plays at an esports level Jehurey will only play the most high skill and competitive games online. Splatoon? Lol no for Jerry its GTA, Player unknowns battlegrounds, Apex Legends, Dota 2 Call of duty and other highly competitive games.  

That’s why Jehurey had made the NINTENDO SWITCH his gaming platform of choice. The NINTENDO SWITCH is the only gaming entertainment system available today which can satisfy his unique gaming needs.

Be like Jerry. Buy a Switch. 

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
5 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Jerry is a REAL gamer.

- He won’t accept medium settings or 30fps

You didn't with the Switch.

Sweetie............don't get mad because I'm holding you to YOUR standards.

When Doom 2016 came out for the Switch............are you saying you found the 30fps performance acceptable?

yes or no?

When Wolfenstein The New Colossus came out for the Switch, are you saying you found the 30fps performance acceptable?

yes or No?

When Doom Eternal came out for the Switch...........are you saying you found the 30fps performance acceptable?

Yes or No?

Come on, put your answer down.

if you avoiding answering, then we both know that you are engaging in bullshit and being a hypocrite.

9 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Jerry is a REAL gamer.

- He won’t accept medium settings or 30fps, it’s only ULTRA HD for him and no less than bare minimum 60fps. You wont catch Jehurey playing watered down ports and he sure as hell isn’t going to be playing games like Doom at 30fps and medium settings.

- Indie games? Lol Jerry only plays the most cutting edge games from the most high profile publishers. Call of Duty, GTA, Battlefield, Destiny. If you ain’t heard of it then Jerry ain’t playing it.

- As a high skilled competitive gamer who plays at an esports level Jehurey will only play the most high skill and competitive games online. Splatoon? Lol no for Jerry its GTA, Player unknowns battlegrounds, Apex Legends, Dota 2 Call of duty and other highly competitive games.  

That’s why Jehurey had made the NINTENDO SWITCH his gaming platform of choice. The NINTENDO SWITCH is the only gaming entertainment system available today which can satisfy his unique gaming needs.

Be like Jerry. Buy a Switch. 

OMFG :deadest:

:lawl: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

OMFG :deadest:

:lawl: 

LOL poort guy has been popped in the mouth so much, that his best bet is to try and be a HYPE MAN for somebody else to try and fare better than his dumbass did.

The thought that he's putting his faith in a post like TLHBO is genuine hilarity. This amuses me, considerably. :mjgrin:

30fps……notice how he tries to boil his arguments down to the one area where Deck and Switch are equal, and ignores the 360p resolution and asstastic graphics and downgraded assets on the Switch :cruise:

you’re such a Clown

clown GIF

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL poort guy has been popped in the mouth so much, that his best bet is to try and be a HYPE MAN for somebody else to try and fare better than his dumbass did.

The thought that he's putting his faith in a post like TLHBO is genuine hilarity. This amuses me, considerably. :mjgrin:

People are clowning you in every thread you're in :kaz: 

Like I said... you're not a high end gamer... you are.. and always will be a budget ass value gamer.  Everyone knows it... despite you trying so hard to claim otherwise :geese: 

5 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

30fps……notice how he tries to boil his arguments down to the one area where Deck and Switch are equal, and ignores the 360p resolution and asstastic graphics and downgraded assets on the Switch :cruise:

you’re such a Clown

clown GIF

if you avoiding answering, then we both know that you are engaging in bullshit and being a hypocrite.

Thanks for losing.

Yeah..............I boil down my argument to me holding you to your words that you said for the Switch.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

People are clowning you in every thread you're in :kaz: 

No, only butthurt bitches that I've been POPPING THEIR MOUTHS repeatedly throughout the past week are whining in this forum.

You're the one with the most swollen gums.:tom:

You are so butthurt, I am in completely control of you.

Edited by jehurey

You’t just strike out text and claim the win Jerry.

What I posted is how you portrayed yourself in this very thread. As a gamer who won’t play no name junk, won’t play watered down ports, and spends much of your time on online competitive fps.

So then the question is, why the hell are you a Sheep? Nintendo systems offer none of this.

You’re a buffoon.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Just now, TLHBO said:

You’t just strike out text and claim the win Jerry.

If I'm wrong, then you can go ahead and prove me wrong.

You attempting more bullshit simply gets filtered out.

Once again...........did you find 30fps in those games for the Switch ACCEPTABLE back then when they came out?

Yes or No?

Why are you typing so much, when all you have to answer is "Yes" or "No"?

Just now, Remij said:

LMAO people continuing to call out Clownhurey on his bullshit :tom: 

:juggle: 

No, these are people that are losing arguments.

Like you.

I mean...........not as badly and as prominently as you, but clearly butthurt losers nonetheless.