Jfc 343i...... Halo won't have campaign co-op nor forge at launch

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing about Halo Infinite is that the hermits will be raped when it flops now as well 

Expecting a finished and polished product from the company that brought you Windows 10

Definitely big enough to launch with an essential Halo feature.  Your endless excuses are laughable; they could shit on your face and you'd say thanks for lunch.    

18 hours ago, madmaltese said:

This REALLY REALLY sucks! Coop campaign has been the most things my friends and I have been anticipating from this and to launch without such a core feature in a Halo game is a joke. Did they really learn nothing from the backlash of not having couch coop last time around and are now launching with no coop of any kind. Don't even know what I'll do now tbh, wanted to go through the first campaign run with my friends.

343 have been nothing but disappointment after disappointment. The game clearly needed to be delayed but MS can't do that again so now they are just launching without entire features. Any defending this is pathetic. A Halo game, the most important MS IP and by nearly all accounts the most expensive game ever made getting a staggered launch is laughable. I'd rather wait another 6 months and get the full thing. 

That 4chan level rumor got severely out of control lol... No one has a clue what the budget is for this game.

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

That 4chan level rumor got severely out of control lol... No one has a clue what the budget is for this game.

Definitely big enough to launch with an essential Halo feature. 

Your endless excuses are laughable; they could shit on your face and you'd say thanks for lunch.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Definitely big enough to launch with an essential Halo feature. 

Your endless excuses are laughable; they could shit on your face and you'd say thanks for lunch.

No, I'm just not being overdramatic like you bunch of women.

Lots of takes from people that wouldnt even play co op , or halo, period.

It sucks but wanting the game to be delayed because of this is stupid, or arguing in bad faith.

Delay your purchase to co op comes out ( if you were gonna buy the game for that anyway) if its that upsetting.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

meanwhile Horizon delayed and you act like the end of the world :biggrin:

Please delay Halo and launch it with it's features intact. 

That's an entire game getting delayed when Sony has virtually nothing for the latter half of the year, and we have no idea how far into 2022 that's actually getting delayed so it could be quite some time for something else. 

27 minutes ago, JonbX said:

It sucks but wanting the game to be delayed because of this is stupid, or arguing in bad faith.

Delay your purchase to co op comes out ( if you were gonna buy the game for that anyway) if its that upsetting.

I agree completely, it's a mode. The concept of delaying a completed single player game on the basis of an auxiliary mode is asinine.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

That's an entire game getting delayed when Sony has virtually nothing for the latter half of the year, and we have no idea how far into 2022 that's actually getting delayed so it could be quite some time for something else. 

I agree completely, it's a mode. The concept of delaying a completed single player game on the basis of an auxiliary mode is asinine.

The funny part is when people are hyping Battlefield that has no SP PERIOD. But complain Halo isnt fully featured at launch. This forum is retarded.

1 hour ago, JonbX said:

lmao even suggesting I wasn't going to play halo or co-op. Some of the utter trash I've played lately because good co-op options are so scarce. Halo Infinite was our most anticipated co-op title. Co-op is a stable feature for Halo. Now I either have to completely not play the campaign when the internet will be doing nothing but talking about Halo campaign and story elements (meaning 100% get spoilt) or play it solo so then when we do co-op its just gonna be repeating shit over again. 

Typical selfish crap of 'it's no big deal for me so it shouldn't be for anyone else'. 

Staggered launch to MS' biggest title in years after the game already had a year delay. What a joke. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

Who cares? What do you think I'm waiting around playing nothing till X game is released lol I'll play it when it comes out, whenever that is, but when a game is out I want it to be the full game. Delays don't matter. Releasing a full, quality product on release is what matters. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

if somebody starts playing the game on solo, and they don't like what they've played, they will stop playing and thats it.

They're not going to go back when co-op is released, very low chance that they are that self-aware of how much co-op will improve their experience.

I'm not saying that is going to happen to all people, but it absolutely will happen with a chunk of the people who try out the game.

And if those people are trashing the game, or a reviewer gives the game a relatively low score at launch because they are accurately giving their opinion of what the state of that game is, at launch, we better not hear people making excuses.

3 hours ago, JonbX said:

Rofl, JennB trying to be reasonable. I'm glad you've seen the light. Xbox sucks. Everyone should be delaying anything related to Xbox period. :reg: 

Apparently the co-op has been delayed because with the way the open world and mission structure works being able to do certain objectives in any order you want has lead to some issues.  Basically they're having issues in that 4 players could split up and do multiple mission objectives at once, triggering different scenes and causing issues with how it flows for the other players.  There's issues with how the checkpoint system works in that case, and they're trying to figure out how to keep everyone together.

And you know... now that I've heard that... it makes sense.  It's understandable that could be an issue that's giving them problems and they're having trouble finding the best way to get around it.  You kinda forget that this is a different kind of Halo game this time around... not just tight checkpoint to checkpoint linear level design.  I'm a bit more understanding of the delay now.  Hopefully they can figure it out and get it working properly.

Forge apparently has become an unruly beast and is much more complex than they'd ever anticipated.  This also comes with the fact that they're also releasing it on PC, which brings new issues to light in it's complexities.  Forge isn't just a map editor anymore.. with the capabilities of the new platforms and the game's engine, it needs boundaries, but they don't want to release something less feature packed than Halo 5's forge.  There's also the fact that apparently some of the team members don't want forge assets to spoil the campaign enemy reveals.

11 hours ago, JonbX said:

The funny part is when people are hyping Battlefield that has no SP PERIOD. But complain Halo isnt fully featured at launch. This forum is retarded.

bf was created/established as an mp game. every halo has had co-op. bf also doesnt have microsft money nor has bf been in development for 6 years. its okay to admit the game is incomplete, dumbo.

• Like 1

if this post is legit, it confirms what many had speculated:

-incompetence/mismanagement - "no one thought about how it would work"

-development hell - campaign has had "massive overhaul" under new direction

-still coming in hot - game will launch incomplete but ms decided no more delays

also their timeline for co-op 3 months after launch sounds ambitious given how its described as a "mess and unplayable"

They were farting around too much after 2015. That's just got to be bad management, with the only exception being the multiplayer actually being made during that time. It seems that they had to call in more manpower within the past 2-3 years to really build the single player game.

But...but BF was created as a MP game ! GTFO. How many BF games in the last decade shipped without SP?

But...but its not a numbered entry! We shouldnt expect a SP campaign !! Oh yeah, right. So we gotta wait a couple months after launch for co op in Halo 6........er, Infinite.

DumbMutt dont think i even thought about you for a moment. If you are too stupid to realize i was referring to GooPooSan, Derphy, TLHBO and that guy that screenshots every post i have made in the last 10 years...well, your name fits you quite well. We all know you Hate Play every single xbox game that comes out.

25 minutes ago, JonbX said:

But...but BF was created as a MP game ! GTFO. How many BF games in the last decade shipped without SP?

But...but its not a numbered entry! We shouldnt expect a SP campaign !! Oh yeah, right. So we gotta wait a couple months after launch for co op in Halo 6........er, Infinite.

DumbMutt dont think i even thought about you for a moment. If you are too stupid to realize i was referring to GooPooSan, Derphy, TLHBO and that guy that screenshots every post i have made in the last 10 years...well, your name fits you quite well. We all know you Hate Play every single xbox game that comes out.

Couldn't keep up that grown and resonable act any longer huh? Lol

Edited by Goukosan