Jfc 343i...... Halo won't have campaign co-op nor forge at launch

22 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i hope its not a situation in which they are INTENTIONALLY holding back features, because they want this single game project to be spread out over many months because they want people to remain on a paid subscription service, and therefore they start offering the next Halo game in portions.

That could kill some enthusiasm for a portion of the existing fanbase.

That's what it feels like they're doing to me.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing about Halo Infinite is that the hermits will be raped when it flops now as well 

Expecting a finished and polished product from the company that brought you Windows 10

Definitely big enough to launch with an essential Halo feature.  Your endless excuses are laughable; they could shit on your face and you'd say thanks for lunch.    

Co op is the best part of Halo. I remember we all used to do co op here for Halo 3

It made what was a pretty boring single player game 10 times better

Literally the only part of Halo that ever really caught my attention 

343 doesn't get Halo at all

3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol if they released it with no single player campaign you would be saying "who even plays single player games anymore?" 

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

He was saying that EXACT SAME THING when Sony was releasing a ton of SP games last gen while MS released multi-player. 

Bbbbut who plays single-player games anymore? :awww:

guess who's excited about some crap you can beat in 10 hrs :jordan3:

b7IsTes.png

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

You can admit something isn't great every once in a while. Like how do you feel constantly acting like a cuck for a corporation you're not even a part of? 

It's 3 months, I couldn't care less. I'm not trying to play through a game I take seriously with some other person, I want to enjoy it while being able to focus. 

Like I said the people who would freak out about this are the same ADHD spergs who just mash A to skip cutscenes and couldn't give less of a shit about the experience of the game.

Suffering through the shit level design and boring as fuck gameplay with another player was the only way to make it through a Halo game, especially in the second half. I wouldn’t have been able to finish Halo or Halo 2 solo, not when the levels start to repeat themselves

So, just to be clear, this isn't just LOCAL co-op, this also includes online co-op through Xbox Live?

Its not going to have that?

If this single player game doesn't get glowing review scores at launch, I don't wanna hear any complaining about "well, they have released the game yet!!!":diplo:

And the reviewers should assign the game a score based on what is there at launch, and that alone.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So, just to be clear, this isn't just LOCAL co-op, this also includes online co-op through Xbox Live?

Its not going to have that?

If this single player game doesn't get glowing review scores at launch, I don't wanna hear any complaining about "well, they have released the game yet!!!":diplo:

And the reviewers should assign the game a score based on what is there at launch, and that alone.

"Yeah, let's subtract a point because of a feature which is in no longer in any other game but will be here shortly after release"

:grimaceright:

- Talked about delaying the game again, made the decision that it's a live game and wanted to get it out and continue to evolve the game from there

It's only been 7 years, take your time 343.

but yeah it's a live service game so you can totally launch it broken and fix it over the course of the next 6 years, like you did with Halo MCC.

- Co-op will come in Season 2 (~3 months), Forge will come out in Season 2 (~6 months after launch), #1 priority is meeting quality and stability across all platforms, many technical complexities with Forge, for example

bungie put out forge on OG xbox hardware from 2001

But nice of them to admit that having to scale across PC, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X is a nightmare for developers, even the good ones have trouble with it so i can imagine how hard it is for 343

anyways, guaranteed flop now. i change my prediction from low 80's to mid-to-high 70's range metacritic

2 minutes ago, Boundless said:

It's only been 7 years, take your time 343.

but yeah it's a live service game so you can totally launch it broken and fix it over the course of the next 6 years, like you did with Halo MCC.

They're not launching it broken, that's the entire point of this... That is why those features will not be there day one because they don't want to delay the game seeing as it's complete, but cannot rightfully include those features in an unideal state.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

"Yeah, let's subtract a point because of a feature which is in no longer in any other game but will be here shortly after release"

I think it's completely fair if this lowers the score for some people.  I personally know people who are going to be really disappointed by this news as they were planning on playing co-op first time through.

Co-op Campaign is a part of Halo's identity.

I also understand your stance though.  It's understandable that it's not a big deal at all to you.. and that's fine.

But I think we need to be honest about this game's development... It's not really acceptable that they're removing key franchise features from launch AFTER the game had already been delayed for a year.  Let's be honest.  Halo is Microsoft's crown jewel...  You'd expect this game to be highly polished and feature complete for launch.. but instead if feels like they're Early Accessing it this time around.  They even essentially say as much... that they felt it was the right decision that they could just release it in parts and add to it over time.  That's not how a Halo product should be IMO.  This should have been a massive game package meant to bring the new console in on a high note.. and instead they've been fumbling around for the past year and still not delivering the whole package at a launch.

I also get the impression that the release day is now late November or early December. :[ 

22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

They're not releasing this game SOLELY FOR YOU to play.  It's for everyone who wants to play the game which includes those that only play it for campaign co-op. 

How many games have launched with features missing and got docked for said features only to have the game patched/updated down the road? 

Cry more bitch :awww:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I think it's completely fair if this lowers the score for some people.  I personally know people who are going to be really disappointed by this news as they were planning on playing co-op first time through.

Co-op Campaign is a part of Halo's identity.

I also understand your stance though.  It's understandable that it's not a big deal at all to you.. and that's fine.

But I think we need to be honest about this game's development... It's not really acceptable that they're removing key franchise features from launch AFTER the game had already been delayed for a year.  Let's be honest.  Halo is Microsoft's crown jewel...  You'd expect this game to be highly polished and feature complete for launch.. but instead if feels like they're Early Accessing it this time around.  They even essentially say as much... that they felt it was the right decision that they could just release it in parts and add to it over time.  That's not how a Halo product should be IMO.  This should have been a massive game package meant to bring the new console in on a high note.. and instead they've been fumbling around for the past year and still not delivering the whole package at a launch.

I also get the impression that the release day is now late November or early December. :[ 

Why would you get that impression, the game is done. They're optimizing and bug fixing right now. They're making the right decision, they're releasing the single player campaign minus a luxury feature which they of all developers are the only ones who seem to have still held onto. 

This is nothing more than an entitlement complex based upon an expectation. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Why would you get that impression, the game is done. They're optimizing and bug fixing right now. They're making the right decision, they're releasing the single player campaign minus a luxury feature which they of all developers are the only ones who seem to have still held onto. 

This is nothing more than an entitlement complex based upon an expectation. 

Nah, It's just another disappointment from them.

This has nothing to do with me... this is them and what they promised... not meeting my expectation.