Halo Infinite campaign GS review - 9.0

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The blatant overrating of this game is amazing. If this was called anything else it would have flopped hard.

Hey, at least, R2 had a really great co-op mode, that shit was fun.

After ODST and Resistance 2 got AAA'd I have zero faith in their FPS reviews. ODST was been and R2 was flat out bad. 

Posted Images

Making Master Chief into a father figure opens up new and intriguing characterization for a two-decade-old character

That's the first pro he wrote.  :kaz: 

GarbageSpot lmao, worst review site second only to IGN.

• Like 1

The reviews keep on saying "they've gone back to Halo 2", and because its not as bad as Halo 4 and 5, its supposed to be a big accomplishment.

If this were any other prestige franchise, like Zelda, and the reviews have said "they've managed to recapture the game design of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask" in the year 2021,  it wouldn't deserve a AAA score.

But apparently the standards for Halo haven't been very high for quite a while, now.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Spin it however you want, but TCHBR!

Nobody has explained how.

Is Xbox that bad that having its biggest franchise end up as an AA multiplat is cause for celebration?

I guess so. The things that an 8 year drought will do to a faction...

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, lynux3 said:

The blatant overrating of this game is amazing. If this was called anything else it would have flopped hard.

7 hours ago, TLHBO said:

What has Xbox won exactly? :tom:

You haven't had an AAA exclusive in 8 years, that's about 8 times for former record. We're coming up to an entire decade without a single AAA exclusive.

You get the first Halo not to completely flop in 9 years, but its what an 8 for MP and a 9 for SP? Which unless GS throws you a bone makes it a solid 8.5 FLOP overrall?

I'm not even sure why we're discussing this however as the game is better on Steam, a rival platfor. Even if people wanted to play an old relic like this they can do so without ever touching Xbox.

It looks to me like Xbox stays losing, and the Lemmings stay raped :trump2:

7 hours ago, lostfool said:

You got two games worth a damn in ten years.  Look how low the bar was set that you think you won.  

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Making Master Chief into a father figure opens up new and intriguing characterization for a two-decade-old character

That's the first pro he wrote.  :kaz: 

GarbageSpot lmao, worst review site second only to IGN.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

The reviews keep on saying "they've gone back to Halo 2", and because its not as bad as Halo 4 and 5, its supposed to be a big accomplishment.

If this were any other prestige franchise, like Zelda, and the reviews have said "they've managed to recapture the game design of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask" in the year 2021,  it wouldn't deserve a AAA score.

But apparently the standards for Halo haven't been very high for quite a while, now.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Nobody has explained how.

Is Xbox that bad that having its biggest franchise end up as an AA multiplat is cause for celebration?

I guess so. The things that an 8 year drought will do to a faction...

Loving these bitter snig tears 

spacer.png

Edited by Mav
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

"Exclusives' :tom:

MS Exclusive, MS platforms only. At the very least, they aren't on Playstation/Nintendo.

The whole arbitrary "these games don't count" or "they count less" limbo middle ground that a handful of people at pretty much just this site use for games only on PC/XB is  weird ass shit.

19 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

After ODST and Resistance 2 got AAA'd I have zero faith in their FPS reviews. ODST was been and R2 was flat out bad. 

Hey, at least, R2 had a really great co-op mode, that shit was fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Substatic said:

MS Exclusive, MS platforms only. At the very least, they aren't on Playstation/Nintendo.

The whole arbitrary "these games don't count" or "they count less" limbo middle ground that a handful of people at pretty much just this site use for games only on PC/XB is  weird ass shit.

Nope. Outside of systemwars people recoginize PC and Xbox as two different platforms.

The idea that they should be combined into one is a modern thing which started right around the time Phil Spencer said Xbox would never have an exclusive ever again.

You were there in the early dayd, the hermits/lemmings had the most fierce rivalry. You used to rip on them all the time, now why would that be if it was one platform?

Quite simply if someone owns a gamjng PC they don't need an xbox because it had no games.

Also Steam is the platform. Notice how on any release media publishers will show Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo/Steam, they don't show the Windows logo.

Finally Forza Horizon 5 works on Linux now. A PC with no Microsoft required. So even if what you said was true (it's not), that would only leave you with Halo for the time being. An AA multiplat :tom: MS is killing it guyz!!1

Edited by TLHBO
9 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Nope. Outside of systemwars people recoginize PC and Xbox as two different platforms.

No i'm talking about the idea these games "counting less" if they are XB/PC rather than just exclusive, altho they can't be played on PS and Nintendo so when a Cow says it it still makes 0 sense. I've only seen like 3 people in the world do that.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Substatic said:

No i'm talking about the idea these games "counting less" if they are XB/PC rather than just exclusive, altho they can't be played on PS and Nintendo so when a Cow says it it still makes 0 sense. I've only seen like 3 people in the world do that.

Look up the meaning of the word exclusive :patpatpat:

15 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Look up the meaning of the word exclusive :patpatpat:

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm discussing how a handful of people on Earth say these games count less than exclusives. Like they are lesser games. 

An example would be the long dismantled and defunct "Wool coat scale".  

6 hours ago, Substatic said:

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm discussing how a handful of people on Earth say these games count less than exclusives. Like they are lesser games. 

An example would be the long dismantled and defunct "Wool coat scale".  

Because if I can play a game on another system then I dont need an xflop. Exclusives make a console worth owning.

Even if you count pc/xbox games, xbox still has nothing. Its what, about 50 forza rehashes, a F2P halo game, and a hell of a lot of flops and gamepass filler lile sea of thieves, grounded and state of decay? :rofls: Even IF "muh console exclusifz" counted (and they dont) xflop still wouldnt have anything.

But as it is if someone wanted to play those games they could just go with the PC and pass on xflop entirely.