• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ghostz said:

Why don’t you explain to me how you think it works. 

@Remij here we go again. :D 

It fixes the disconnect between refresh rate and variable frame rates, it doesn't eliminate frame drops or fix the issue of lower baseline frame rates

If a game is running at 45 FPS with VRR on it is still a lower frame rate than 60 FPS

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Voidler said:

It fixes the disconnect between refresh rate and variable frame rates, it doesn't eliminate frame drops or fix the issue of lower baseline frame rates

If a game is running at 45 FPS with VRR on it is still a lower frame rate than 60 FPS

he thinks that a game running at 45fps visually looks smoother than a PS5 version that might drop to 55 fps with no VRR.

especially with the particular LG OLED television that he is (being allowed to) using., the tv's VRR range is at 40fps on the low-end, and the tv doesn't really behave well with such lower framerates.

There's even a VRR black issue on the 2020-2021 OLED versions in which the pixel cannot hold voltage for too long of a time if VRR causes the rate of the pixels to refresh slower, and it must discharge its voltage, resulting in turning the pixel on and not having true blacks. Hence the small 'flashes" occurring when using VRR on those OLEDs.

VRR is helpful if you are running the tv in 120Hz mode, and the video game swings wildly between 60 to 90 or 120fps.

Ghost seems to think that VRR makes 45fps just as good as 60fps, in his mind. :mjgrin:

• dead 1
30 minutes ago, jehurey said:

he thinks that a game running at 45fps visually looks smoother than a PS5 version that might drop to 55 fps with no VRR.

especially with the particular LG OLED television that he is (being allowed to) using., the tv's VRR range is at 40fps on the low-end, and the tv doesn't really behave well with such lower framerates.

There's even a VRR black issue on the 2020-2021 OLED versions in which the pixel cannot hold voltage for too long of a time if VRR causes the rate of the pixels to refresh slower, and it must discharge its voltage, resulting in turning the pixel on and not having true blacks. Hence the small 'flashes" occurring when using VRR on those OLEDs.

VRR is helpful if you are running the tv in 120Hz mode, and the video game swings wildly between 60 to 90 or 120fps.

Ghost seems to think that VRR makes 45fps just as good as 60fps, in his mind. :mjgrin:

The tv does VRR down to 20hz, lmfao. Jerry proves again he know… nothing :deadest:

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It’s crazy to me that nobody has made an effort to buy FROM despite them putting out triple A games one right after the other. Namco of all companies is going to have one of the top rated games on MC despite them being somewhat irrelevant nowadays.

They are owned by Kadokawa. You'd need to buy them and they are a giant Anime manga company

39 minutes ago, Voidler said:

They are owned by Kadokawa. You'd need to buy them and they are a giant Anime manga company

wow, I had no idea. I thought they were independent this whole time. Still though, you’d think someone (like one of the big 3) would have offered to buy them from Kadokawa by now.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

wow, I had no idea. I thought they were independent this whole time. Still though, you’d think someone (like one of the big 3) would have offered to buy them from Kadokawa by now.

Sony invested in Kadokawa last year as part of a corporate partnership so they are quite close. They are also buying a lot of Anime shit like Crunchyroll so its part of their market. So I could see them doing it

Those Anime and Manga companies turn very healthy profits though so will only get bought if they want to be

11 hours ago, -GD-X said:

True. Maybe I’ll get via Amazon, since they have a return policy (in case it’s not for me). 

I think this here is going to be the big difference that will cause it to appeal to more people. This guy couldn't get into any of the other Souls games either

• aitch 1
2 hours ago, Voidler said:

Ghostz dumbass thought it does :sabu:

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, jehurey said:

Wait a minute, you can't even get a refund of the game if you've started downloading the game.

So.........you never even played Horizon Forbidden West?

You can they make exceptions for the first week. I told them I don't like the graphical performance and the chat person refunded it. I had about an hour of playtime in the game. 

• -GD-X★ changed the title to Official Elden Ring Thread