This is why the steam deck will fail

12 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

This. We were meant to be impressed with some heavily downgraded ports, the sheep went apeshit for Doom. Now they tell us playing it at 720-800p on medium settings is unplayable. Real hypocrites.

Lol switch is 5 years old. Slime Dick is brand fucking new. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sheep bought a second Shitch at 350$ for a OLED screen. stfd   A portable PS4 sounds infinitely better than the Nintendo pos you currently have.     Nintendo are selling their games at

Lol I remember that well, Jerry specifically. Its like how waggle was the future, then it was the touchscreen, now sheep are back to playing fps with fumblesticks and loving it. Funny how it changes i

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

This. We were meant to be impressed with some heavily downgraded ports, the sheep went apeshit for Doom. Now they tell us playing it at 720-800p on medium settings is unplayable. Real hypocrites.

No, you're saying that YOU are a hypocrite.............because you're trying to tell us that a base-PS4 level of hardware running games at low/med settings at 800p................is now impressive to you.

After all the downplaying you did with Switch.

The Nintendo Switch is from March 3, 2017

This handheld literally..............LITERALLY released 5 years after that.

And you're trying to tell us that 800p gaming NOW IMPRESSES you?

29 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Sheep bought a second Shitch at 350$ for a OLED screen. stfd 

That's not a Switch 2.0

That's a product refresh of 5 year old existing hardware.

The Switch was even running Doom at a higher resolution than base Xbox One hardware, and that was back in 2018.

Now its the year 2022.

And you're impressed with a $400 device, that's three times as thick as a Switch, and has 90 minute battery life.

...........and its barely better than base Playstation 4 horsepower?

C'mon, quit lying to us. You know exactly how you would respond if a new Nintendo handheld in 2022 released with those specs. Who are you foolin'?:drake:

Edited by jehurey
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

yeah, you actually end up playing better games that are exclusive.

I guarantee you the steam deck becomes your "I primarily use it to play my 2D indie games, and mess with emulation" device.

Which is the real reason why Valve created it.  Its not really meant for AAA-production 3D games.

Its to get people buying 2D indie games on steam again, because nintendo is absolutely eating their lunch and taking sales away from that.

I already buy 2d games on Steam. If I played on Switch, I'd have to wait longer, pay more money and get a worse experience than the Deck provides. Even if Switch's hardware wasn't 3 generations behind the Deck, Switch doesn't even have a fucking D-pad.

Not sure what you mean by "meant" when it literally plays Elden Ring. I guess Sheep look at hardware specs and think "not meant for me".

Edited by sugarhigh
21 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you're saying that YOU are a hypocrite.............because you're trying to tell us that a base-PS4 level of hardware running games at low/med settings at 800p................is now impressive to you.

After all the downplaying you did with Switch.

The Nintendo Switch is from March 3, 2017

This handheld literally..............LITERALLY released 5 years after that.

And you're trying to tell us that 800p gaming NOW IMPRESSES you?

That's not a Switch 2.0

That's a product refresh of 5 year old existing hardware.

The Switch was even running Doom at a higher resolution than base Xbox One hardware, and that was back in 2018.

Now its the year 2022.

And you're impressed with a $400 device, that's three times as thick as a Switch, and has 90 minute battery life.

...........and its barely better than base Playstation 4 horsepower?

C'mon, quit lying to us. You know exactly how you would respond if a new Nintendo handheld in 2022 released with those specs. Who are you foolin'?:drake:

Don't try to presume you know what I think. I've already told you, a PS4 level portable hardware with Steam support sounds pretty awesome to me, way better than the Switch you have right now.

Your hypothetical scenario of a turbo Switch in 2022 is irrelevant and is most likely not going to happen anytime soon either. I'm living in reality and the reality is, Steam Dick >>>>>>>> Switch. 

DOOM on Switch was a joke. I know it was considered a massive success story on Switch but the reality was that the game ran at 720p but it was an adaptive resolution that could drop down to 576p, ran at 30FPS with frame pacing issues and with heavily downgraded assets that looked even worse than the PC version at low settings. Thanks for showing your hypocrisy. 

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

These fucking slobs literally argued for decades that they don't want to play console games on the go.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

I already buy 2d games on Steam. If I played on Switch, I'd have to wait longer, pay more money and get a worse experience than the Deck provides. Even if Switch's hardware wasn't 3 generations behind the Deck, Switch doesn't even have a fucking D-pad.

Not sure what you mean by "meant" when it literally plays Elden Ring. I guess Sheep look at hardware specs and think "not meant for me".

Your anecdote doesn't really mean anything.

We have it from the word of the developers who have been making the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful indie games tell us that their Switch versions are what is bringing the money in.

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Don't try to presume you know what I think. I've already told you, a PS4 level portable hardware with Steam support sounds pretty awesome to me, way better than the Switch you have right now.

Which makes you a hypocrite.

You weren't impressed with slightly-below 2013 Xbox One level hardware muscle back in March 2017.

Now you're trying to act impressed with slightly-above 2013 PS4 level hardware muscle in March 2022.

There's simply no getting around that obvious, and easily observable hypocrisy.

If Nintendo had released a new Switch 2.0 handheld with that same horsepower as the Steam Deck, you guys would be saying "Wait, so Nintendo's new next-gen product in 2022 is basically PS4 hardware? LMFAO!!!"

We both know this.  Yes, you are that predictable.

26 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Your anecdote doesn't really mean anything.

We have it from the word of the developers who have been making the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful indie games tell us that their Switch versions are what is bringing the money in.

Your peasant mentality doesn't mean anything. I don't play indie developer revenue, I play games. Games come out first, better and cheaper on Steam. Also Switch is a POS. The turd doesn't even have analog triggers ffs. Stop living in the past, grow up.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Your peasant mentality doesn't mean anything. I don't play indie developer revenue, I play games

do you honestly think typing platitudes is going to be a convincing argument

you sound like an idiot sports player being interviewed after a game

"you gotta all 60 minutes"

"you gotta play the game hard"

You are responding to what I said............which was Nintendo is EATING STEAM'S LUNCH with indie game sales, the developers ARE SAYING SO.

Steam Deck is nothing more than a glorified 2D indie game machine, and that's why Valve made it.

Its not really going to convince people about AAA-production quality 3D games..............because, quite frankly, its fucking terrible and PC gamers almost won't use it for that at all.

They will use it as their 2D indie platformer gaming device, because Valve is trying to stop losing sales to the Switch.

You've said nothing that contradicts this.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You are responding to what I said............which was Nintendo is EATING STEAM'S LUNCH with indie game sales, the developers ARE SAYING SO.

Steam Deck is nothing more than a glorified 2D indie game machine, and that's why Valve made it.

Its not really going to convince people about AAA-production quality 3D games..............because, quite frankly, its fucking terrible and PC gamers almost won't use it for that at all.

They will use it as their 2D indie platformer gaming device, because Valve is trying to stop losing sales to the Switch.

You're so full of shit... lmfao I debunked you bullshit theory by asking you to post a developer saying that RECENTLY.... and you couldn't produce anything.

Gabe is eating everything... and Nintendo ain't making a fucking dent in Steam.

FNXNqCDVQAQcAMX?format=jpg&name=medium

:blessed: 

35 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're so full of shit... lmfao I debunked you bullshit theory by asking you to post a developer saying that RECENTLY.... and you couldn't produce anything.

Gabe is eating everything... and Nintendo ain't making a fucking dent in Steam.

FNXNqCDVQAQcAMX?format=jpg&name=medium

:blessed: 

LOL dota players and people buying products from GaaS-based games.

sweetie.................show me DEVELOPERS like the makers of Celeste, Dead Cells saying that they're making the most money from steam.

.............because that's what they said about the Nintendo Switch.

LOL showing a general infographic.

I don't sound like that, and the OG Steam Deck will still be playing new games after the Switch's successor is dead.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Which makes you a hypocrite.

You weren't impressed with slightly-below 2013 Xbox One level hardware muscle back in March 2017.

Now you're trying to act impressed with slightly-above 2013 PS4 level hardware muscle in March 2022.

There's simply no getting around that obvious, and easily observable hypocrisy.

If Nintendo had released a new Switch 2.0 handheld with that same horsepower as the Steam Deck, you guys would be saying "Wait, so Nintendo's new next-gen product in 2022 is basically PS4 hardware? LMFAO!!!"

We both know this.  Yes, you are that predictable.

Switch was okay at launch, I was actually interested in buying one early on. Sit your ass down.

The problem here is that the underpowered Switch is still a thing in 2022 with no successor in sight, you're still defending Nintendo games in 2022 and at the same time trying to downplay a far better handheld piece of hardware. Your wannabe jedi mind tricks aren't going to work on me. You're the only hypocrite here.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Switch was okay at launch, I was actually interested in buying one early on. Sit your ass down.

you guys are now straight-up lying.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

The problem here is that the underpowered Switch is still a thing in 2022 with no successor in sight

No............there is definitely a successor in sight, there have been plenty of rumors of new hardware, based on nVidia's latest Ampere technology.

These rumors have existed for probably over a year now.

There is no indication that Nintendo is going to keep the Switch around any longer than their PREVIOUS consoles or handhelds.

You're acting as if Nintendo is going to keep the Switch until 2025 or something.

you guys are now straight-up lying.

No............there is definitely a successor in sight, there have been plenty of rumors of new hardware, based on nVidia's latest Ampere technology.

These rumors have existed for probably over a year now.

There is no indication that Nintendo is going to keep the Switch around any longer than their PREVIOUS consoles or handhelds.

You're acting as if Nintendo is going to keep the Switch until 2025 or something.

That's besides the point as it doesn't exist or is officially announced. That changes nothing to the current reality or my argument.

I don't lie, I had my Switch list of games I wanted, even pre purchased one game for Switch (Travis Strikes Again... lmao) because I like NMH and I was sure to get a Switch at some point. Glad I didn't, because as usual I would have bought a handful of games and nothing else for the whole generation like it always happen to me with Nintendo systems.

We knew NMH3, Bayo 3 and SMTV were coming to Switch very early on so they definitely had my curiosity. Took years before two of those games actually materialized and Bayo 3 still isn't out. lol I actually played the system quite a bit since a good friend of mine had one, we mostly played Smash though.

You may think I'm a super hardcore Nintendo hater but keep this in mind, I owned every Nintendo systems ever made, including the fucking WiiU. Switch is the first time I didn't cave in and I don't regret it at all. I'm tired of Nintendo games at this point in time, %90 of their games doesn't appeal to me anymore and buying a Nintendo platform for third parties is a waste of money.

You can stop your bullshit argument now.

18 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

These fucking slobs literally argued for decades that they don't want to play console games on the go.

Lol I remember that well, Jerry specifically. Its like how waggle was the future, then it was the touchscreen, now sheep are back to playing fps with fumblesticks and loving it. Funny how it changes in line with whatever new product Nintendo is pushing

• dead 2

I typed out a long reply but once again as I went to hit submit my thumb hit that fucking notifcation button which cancelled the entire post :reg: I hid that shit on the menu but the next time I log in its back.

@AlphonsePlease remove this garbage

11 hours ago, Ramza said:

That's besides the point

its the only point i've said.

i guess you're not disputing it.

you're trying to use a steam deck...........that you know damn well you would never buy, to try and hate on the Switch.

That's all you're doing........we can see this from a mile away.

Half the people on this forum boasting about the steam deck don't actually want the steam deck, would never buy the steam deck.  They're just here because they thought it would "own" the Switch.

You hear that noise???????????????????????:ufdup:

That the silence of nobody talking about the steam deck one week after its been released. A new hardware platform has been launched............and the hermits have gone quiet.