Nintendo Direct @ 5PM EST tomorrow (40 minutes long)

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

a switch 2 release date w/ this game (and backwards compatibility for switch owners) would have been amazing.

They wouldn't announce a Switch 2 a year in advance or 9 months in advance to cannibalize the OG system. 

This is the last full calendar year of the OG Switch being the main Nintendo system. 

The next gen switch is on the Horizon. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Casual   Leak that was pretty much confirmed a while ago     

BOTW alone is already better than anything ever made on a Sony console. 

A superior cross gen version like Twilight Princess wouldn't hurt.    Seriously, if you told me it was an expansion for BOTW I would have believed you. 

Posted Images

Just now, Goukosan said:

They wouldn't announce a Switch 2 a year in advance or 9 months in advance to cannibalize the OG system. 

This is the last full calendar year of the OG Switch being the main Nintendo system. 

The next gen switch is on the Horizon. 

that's why i think i'll wait to play certain games. some of these switch title look rough af now.

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Oh shit.. Octopath II prolog shadow dropped today as well? :juggle:

Pre-ordered the game a few days ago. :juggle: Not playing the demo though. Going in absolutely blind, first game was a nice surprise for me, I expected to hate it. 

I was thinking when watching the trailer, that the textures looked a little touched up, and maybe some polygons that were too low-poly in the original might have been upgraded as well. And they had definitely appeared to tweak the lighting and shadow in the game.

Turns out that is the case.

Original

1270792-mp_003.png

Remastered

qrz77ac.png

Like they even changed the design of the railing in that area. And have given that monster a drooling slime.

1rZtyXS.png

KdFR4Mg.png

definite polygonal model upgrade. Significant textures placed, upgraded, or they simply added textures where there were none.

957742995_Screenshot2023-02-08at22-54-34(1)MetroidPrime-EP4-WelcometoPhendranaDrifts-MetroidPrimewithMNKusingDolphin-YouTube.thumb.png.55b4688ae8caefdc8541c6b063a17c52.png

FofJevyaYAE2RbL?format=jpg&name=large

That's just straight-up re-doing the entire environment. This is everything that the Mario All-Star re-releases were not.

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

71lWqLx.png

qW48KRa.png

In4TYwr.png

Foe0M3daQAElYAf?format=jpg&name=large

this may not qualify as a remake, but it absolutely goes beyond most people's definition of a "remaster."

there's visual design choices being made

I was seriously question myself if I had forgotten that Metroid Prime actually ever looked this good and I was just a hater. 

Is it like SOTC on PS4 where it runs a new engine on top of the old one? It starting to look like that to me based on these shots. Those are completely new assets made from scratch and yet looks very faithful in the placement of everything.

Eat your heart out, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary.

You are second place to Metroid, yet again.

when you walk out of the exploding space station, it does that eye-adjustment affect to the parts of the exterior that are illuminated by sunlight.

This makes me quite optimistic to what Retro is thinking about with Metroid Prime 4.

HELL, there are people here who were thinking Metroid Prime 4 would look at this graphical level.

This is what they're doing on the old engine, with relatively minor engine upgrades.

Imagine what they are doing on a Metroid Prime 4 that should be running on a completely new engine.

Retro Studios is still paying attention to the small details.

Edited by jehurey
14 hours ago, Cooke said:

I'd be happy now if they moved prime 4 to a switch 2 launch game and spent another year making it perfect. 

I think that's what they're going to do. I would've held back Tears of the Kingdom too. Launch strong. 

That was pretty good lineup for me. Baten Kaitos and BK Origins are my favorite JRPGs so HD remasters are great. Bayo Origins is looking a little better. Layton's welcome. Deca Police looks fun but it's a Level 5 JRPG so I'm cautious. Pikmin 4's nice to have. Tears of the Kingdom should be great. $70 is too much but so be it. Finally getting Minish Cap is nice too. And the new Power Pros Baseball for $1 made me laugh.

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

I think that's what they're going to do. I would've held back Tears of the Kingdom too. Launch strong. 

They’ll have the next mainline Mario launch with Switch 2. It’s been over 5 years now since Odyssey. 

24 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@Goukosan @Casual @Saucer

Baten Kaitos 1-2 HD physical. Expected to ship: Jun 30, 2023

Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch (play-asia.com)

Shit is expensive. Could be Play-Asia pricing though, these motherfucker are greedy. 

god damn. wonder how limited the run will be....can't imagine the demand is that big.