The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

TPH - "If you liked game x you should kill yourself" Keep that shit out of this thread.

FYI Dead Space is much more polished and entertaining than clunky games like InFamous.

The Dead Space I remember is clunky as hell as well
Guest C.M.

i just fired up alan wake. i'll be back in a few with impressions.

nice B)

and holy shit I just finished a section in Alan Wake that gave me fucking chills. I've never got that in a game before. :scared:

Also man, once you understand the combat and get all the weapons and "gadgets", it's awesome.

so i played the first hour (chaper 1) of alan wake. i must say i do quite like it. let's start with the visuals. at some points, they are easily the best i've seen on the 360. some excellent lighting and environmental effects. though they are most effective when used mildly. scenes that really crank up the eye candy come at a serious performance cost, with either screen tearing and/or pixelated effects. dithering and jags can also be seen throughout the game. however, that's probably because of the low res it's rendered at. the lip syncing and animations are pretty bad, but don't affect gameplay or atmosphere, so i don't care. the sound design is top notch. seriously...i think they do a better job than the visuals at putting me on edge. i love how cryptic the deranged villagers sound. also the music and effects really feel like a cross between the shining and mulholland drive. the gameplay is better than i thought it would be. very tight and fluid. i don't know why some sites trashed it. i had no problems kicking ass. overall..feels like a AA game. it lacks the WOW factor of max payne 2. though it's filling the survival horror void nicely.

Guest C.M.

dude tell me about it, the gameplay is really tight! You'd think the fact that there are basically 3 types of enemies in the game would kill it, but somehow the combat doesn't get old..... I did notice some nasty screen tearing too, during the day sequences. But my god, when the "darkness" is in full control and shifting the environment, the graphics are insane.

Guest C.M.

yeah the night parts look wild. i can tell i'm really going to enjoy it. it kind of reminds me of the outdoor tree areas in re remake.

lmao man, just let me know when you finish it (I'm guessing you will this weekend or early next week). I wanna have some serious AW discussion. B)
Guest C.M.

Tell me something CrazyMonkey, does it stop being so much of a dodgeball simulator later on?

If you're referring to the objects thrown at you, nah, it continues on throughout the game. But you're given some tools to take care of those situations easier. I'll say sometimes those parts are cool, other times annoying.

Btw the dodge mechanic is awesome when used against enemies.