The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Well that sucks. Was willing to give it a try because the visuals are nice but if the gameplay is stale then nevermind.

It is a beautiful game, that's for sure, very polished.  I loved the game, but the gameplay is 100% traditional DQ.  If you've had your fill of traditional DQ games, you'll find DQ11 boring.

Also, I think you'd probably find the game too easy as well.. so I'd suggest passing on it, unless you get it really cheap.

6 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

DQ11 was awesome

It is.  It's one of my fav JRPGs released recently.  But in his case, I think he's pretty much over traditional DQ games at this point.  It won't hold his interest till the end.. I'm fairly sure.

13 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Well that sucks. Was willing to give it a try because the visuals are nice but if the gameplay is stale then nevermind.

Theres some cool crafting and combat mechanics but outside of that its pretty traditional.

What I really liked about the game was the sense of exploration and discovery in the first half. You visit so many different towns with their own look and feel, its really impressive. Unfortunately the back half of the game is made up of a lot of backtracking through those same towns and areas so it losses a lot of steam.

46 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It is.  It's one of my fav JRPGs released recently.  But in his case, I think he's pretty much over traditional DQ games at this point.  It won't hold his interest till the end.. I'm fairly sure.

I think that's why I liked it so much. I prefer these kind of RPGS

40 minutes ago, Pat McCrotch said:

@-GD- How was Persona 5 Royal? I'm thinking about picking it up when it goes on sale. I beat the original game but found that the mementos and the last 2 palaces were lackluster that I forced myself to beat the game.

How different is it too?

I didn’t bother even fighting anyone (except for key requests) in mementos. It seems like you can now skip battles way easier. 

the combat has been enhanced, with showtime attacks and other cool tactics. 

each palace has 3 new hidden rooms to locate. Finding them is like an optional puzzle. 

the new final palace/section is awesome, providing a way better ending (and also one of the most charismatic enemies In the series) 

the two new characters are fantastic! Kasumi is bae af! 

akechi has been completely reworked, and it’s amazing what they did with his character. 

It’s now easier to max your 5 status ranks. 

there’s a gambling aspect added to the persona fusion (when an alarm goes off). I’ve gotten sick ass fusions, but some shit ones too lol. 

there’s a lot of new ways to spend your free time now. 

Mementos now has hidden stamps (Like some require you to crash through walls) and other stuff to collect, but I didn’t bother with them. 

———-

bottom line - it’s the definitive version of p5 by a mile. I too didn’t care for the previous final palaces, but they didn’t bug me this time. Weird. I completed everything (New palace + perfect ending) in 95 hours, which was less than my previous playthough. Perhaps, it’s because I didn’t waste much time in mementos.

• aitch 1

Finished AI Files Somnium. Actually stunned how well they wrapped every single plot point, mystery and story thread so perfectly. Loved it, thanks for the recommendation guys!

If yous haven't played Danganronpa (developed by these guys) and enjoyed this, I highly recommend you do. They are superb. I'd recommend playing them in order though, makes the ending to the trilogy even more amazing (One of the most unique endings in gaming history)

• Like 2

Finally finished DQ Builders 2. Props to @Aza and @Sabo for selling me on it, I would have missed out on this gem if not for them.

Will definitely hop back in from time to time to finish some of the optional content, but right now im gonna dive into XCom Chimera Squad.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Finally finished DQ Builders 2. Props to @Aza and @Sabo for selling me on it, I would have missed out on this gem if not for them.

Will definitely hop back in from time to time to finish some of the optional content, but right now im gonna dive into XCom Chimera Squad.

Gonna be the ultimate palate cleanser next: 

Knack 2

:biggrin:.... not even joking though

Then I'll hop on to DQ Builders 2

^:holeup:

Chimera Squad is alright but seems pretty shallow. The loop so far is enter a small room, kill the 4 or 5 enemies in it, and then move onto a similarily sized room with a similar number of enemies. It feels small compared to regular Xcom.

11 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished AI Files Somnium. Actually stunned how well they wrapped every single plot point, mystery and story thread so perfectly. Loved it, thanks for the recommendation guys!

If yous haven't played Danganronpa (developed by these guys) and enjoyed this, I highly recommend you do. They are superb. I'd recommend playing them in order though, makes the ending to the trilogy even more amazing (One of the most unique endings in gaming history)

Loved the danganronpa games!

btw, did you see all of these? 

18 hours ago, -GD- said:

I didn’t bother even fighting anyone (except for key requests) in mementos. It seems like you can now skip battles way easier. 

the combat has been enhanced, with showtime attacks and other cool tactics. 

each palace has 3 new hidden rooms to locate. Finding them is like an optional puzzle. 

the new final palace/section is awesome, providing a way better ending (and also one of the most charismatic enemies In the series) 

the two new characters are fantastic! Kasumi is bae af! 

akechi has been completely reworked, and it’s amazing what they did with his character. 

It’s now easier to max your 5 status ranks. 

there’s a gambling aspect added to the persona fusion (when an alarm goes off). I’ve gotten sick ass fusions, but some shit ones too lol. 

there’s a lot of new ways to spend your free time now. 

Mementos now has hidden stamps (Like some require you to crash through walls) and other stuff to collect, but I didn’t bother with them. 

———-

bottom line - it’s the definitive version of p5 by a mile. I too didn’t care for the previous final palaces, but they didn’t bug me this time. Weird. I completed everything (New palace + perfect ending) in 95 hours, which was less than my previous playthough. Perhaps, it’s because I didn’t waste much time in mementos.

That GD seal of approval! Getting this shit when I beat FF7. :smoke:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pat McCrotch said:

That GD seal of approval! Getting this shit when I beat FF7. :smoke:

haha thanks bro :-* 

keep in mind, though, that i probably loved p5 more than most here. also, i didn't force myself to play it, this time, whenever i felt burnt out. i'd take a break and then hit it hard when i was ready. i feel like that made a huge difference, whereas i tried super hard to complete it, as fast as possible, with the OG game (which made me feel like "when is this going to end?". 

but, unless you are a die hard fan of the original, i'd wait for a price drop. the changes are fantastic (way better than the jump from p4 to p4g) and it's now, easily, my favorite jrpg (i'm working on getting dat platinum now). however, unless you share my enthusiasm for the original, you should wait until it's $30 -$40. 

Just now, -GD- said:

haha thanks bro :-* 

keep in mind, though, that i probably loved p5 more than most here. also, i didn't force myself to play it, this time, whenever i felt burnt out. i'd take a break and then hit it hard when i was ready. i feel like that made a huge difference, whereas i tried super hard to complete it, as fast as possible, with the OG game (which made me feel like "when is this going to end?". 

but, unless you are a die hard fan of the original, i'd wait for a price drop. the changes are fantastic (way better than the jump from p4 to p4g) and it's now, easily, my favorite jrpg (i'm working on getting dat platinum now). however, unless you share my enthusiasm for the original, you should wait until it's $30 -$40. 

Ima wait for a sale. I'm unemployed :dead2:

• Sad 1