The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

I think I’m losing interest in gaming, unless it’s easy and focused on characters/narrative lol. 

I've been there, stick to what you truly love, my friend. Think about the kind of games were you always had a good time and define their characteristics that appeal to you, then stick to those games and those only.

• Like 1
  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I've been there, stick to what you truly love, my friend. Think about the kind of games were you always had a good time and define their characteristics that appeal to you, then stick to those games and those only.

Hell yes, bro! :-*

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Hell yes, bro! :-*

I'm the total opposite right now but it's only because I have so much free time. I can afford to play anything that pique my curiosity and not care.

When I'm really busy and gaming is a luxury I stick to the very best... well, not the best for everyone, I mean the best for me and what I like the most. 

I usually end up playing something along the line. -> Single player -> lengthy campaign -> story driven -> good writing -> long term progression system (RPG mechanics) -> challenging gameplay with depth preferably turn based or slow and methodical - awesome soundtrack (optional).

So I usually just play a WRPG lol. But that's just me. You know yourself better than anyone else. :juggle: 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm the total opposite right now but it's only because I have so much free time. I can afford to play anything that pique my curiosity and not care.

When I'm really busy and gaming is a luxury I stick to the very best... well, not the best for everyone, I mean the best for me and what I like the most. 

I usually end up playing something along the line. -> Single player -> lengthy campaign -> story driven -> good writing -> long term progression system (RPG mechanics) -> challenging gameplay with depth preferably turn based or slow and methodical - awesome soundtrack (optional).

So I usually just play a WRPG lol. But that's just me. You know yourself better than anyone else. :juggle: 

Well put, bro. Yeah, time isn’t much of a luxury anymore. I literally have to go out of my way to play games. So, I tend to stick to cinematic titles, usually action adventure or rpg. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Well put, bro. Yeah, time isn’t much of a luxury anymore. I literally have to go out of my way to play games. So, I tend to stick to cinematic titles, usually action adventure or rpg. 

This is why I laugh at the "but you have to play this exclusive right now or it doesn't count" type bullshit here... 

LMAO I'm almost 38 years old... I'll play whatever.. whenever it suits me :tom: 

• Haha 1
Just now, Remij said:

This is why I laugh at the "but you have to play this exclusive right now or it doesn't count" type bullshit here... 

LMAO I'm almost 38 years old... I'll play whatever.. whenever it suits me :tom: 

Ha! True. I have returnal staring at me. The controls are incredible…the atmosphere is amazing (that sound design :wow2: )… but I have 0 interest in firing it up. I’m just going to let a friend borrow it. Give me something with a story and characters I can connect with + an easy setting :love: 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Ike said:

Picked up Everybody’s Golf VR for $10. Solid sports game and lots of fun. :obama: 

I couldn't get into that one. A shame because I like the actual non VR series quite a lot (a blast with friends).

I was just terrible at it, but then again, I've never played golf irl.

Made it to the final boss in a plague tale. WOAT. He keeps getting me on round 3. This game really shouldn’t have fast paced combat. I’m just YouTubing the ending. Props to you who had the patience for him lol. 

17 hours ago, Ramza said:

I couldn't get into that one. A shame because I like the actual non VR series quite a lot (a blast with friends).

I was just terrible at it, but then again, I've never played golf irl.

Yeah, the move controls can take some practice especially putting and not having my ball pull hard to right lol. I haven’t tried the normal controllers but it’s still fun to whack some balls and the caddy is cute. :dreamy: 

@Twinblade

is there something I’m missing in regards to group bond level? I’m on phase 8 and my party are still on lvl 1 group bond even though individually they’re like at lvl 3-4. I’ve done all the bonding episodes possible and even bought them several gifts.

Since I wasn’t really feeling the story, this shift in the 2nd half I feel like it’s sort of made it more interesting and I’m actually paying attention in cutscenes again rather than drifting in and out.

Maybr it’s just me but I’m so sick of this animu cliche where when the main characters learn of new information that twist the story, they start going on about how it’s so unbelievable and how no one is going to believe them, you know, because just about everything about the characters, their powers, the history and world they live in and everything they’ve witnessed is all just normal weekday. This though, they can’t grasp their minds on this. :ben:  

7 hours ago, Delita said:

@Twinblade

is there something I’m missing in regards to group bond level? I’m on phase 8 and my party are still on lvl 1 group bond even though individually they’re like at lvl 3-4. I’ve done all the bonding episodes possible and even bought them several gifts.

Since I wasn’t really feeling the story, this shift in the 2nd half I feel like it’s sort of made it more interesting and I’m actually paying attention in cutscenes again rather than drifting in and out.

Maybr it’s just me but I’m so sick of this animu cliche where when the main characters learn of new information that twist the story, they start going on about how it’s so unbelievable and how no one is going to believe them, you know, because just about everything about the characters, their powers, the history and world they live in and everything they’ve witnessed is all just normal weekday. This though, they can’t grasp their minds on this. :ben:  

hmm i think my team was bond level 2 by that point, but i was on the kasane path. I think that might just be gated by story progress? Not entirely sure.

But yeah theres loads of anime style melodrama for sure....the twists are so ridiculous that they're entertaining just based on all the weird ideas they came up with :lul: 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

hmm i think my team was bond level 2 by that point, but i was on the kasane path. I think that might just be gated by story progress? Not entirely sure.

But yeah theres loads of anime style melodrama for sure....the twists are so ridiculous that they're entertaining just based on all the weird ideas they came up with :lul: 

lmfao

I say I'm all for it. Between that and a standard story of kids in an army battling monsters and defending the country I'll take any weird ideas they have. It's working on me so far :mjcry:

gonna finish shadowbringers this week. the second raid puppet bunker owns so much. can't wait for the last one, but I need 10 item level to queue for it :mjgrin: 

17 hours ago, Saucer said:

Monster Hunter Stories 2 review:

hL31Hyl.jpg

8/10

Lmao, I played the trial and I wasn't a fan of it at all.

The cinematic intro was pretty neat but then you see the real time cutscenes and dialogues and it's the most embarrassing shit ever. 

And the combat was boring af.