The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Hades is hard. Took me like 8 times to beat the first boss. Fun, but idk if ima stick with it.

Finally playing scarlet nexus. Its fun so far. Played the Tales demo gonna get that as soon as i finish Scarlet. Gonna smack up 12 minutes and Psyconauts in between.

6 hours ago, JonbX said:

Hades is hard. Took me like 8 times to beat the first boss. Fun, but idk if ima stick with it.

Finally playing scarlet nexus. Its fun so far. Played the Tales demo gonna get that as soon as i finish Scarlet. Gonna smack up 12 minutes and Psyconauts in between.

Hades will get a lot easier. It starts out hard af, though. 

17 hours ago, Delita said:

I got about half way before I put it down for Yakuza LAD, which i then put down for judgement. I'm on Finale chapter of Judgement so i'm hoping to go back and finish all of them.

When i left off, i honestly felt the game is of similar quality to the first and you know how i felt. :] I'm still going to finish it though, just like i did the original

The combat feels very floaty and not that good overall i'd say but im still enjoying it. The one thing that I can see be annoying

Spoiler

Is if theres a lot of objectives like the one where you have to find Ryuji's phone number to contact him. Having to wander around the different areas with practically no guidance or direction wasn't great.

I know what you mean there’s a few of those missions that basically has the game wanting you to piece things together with no help but honestly i say I experienced maybe 3 of those total so you don’t have to worry

You’re still way too early to the point the game hasn’t really pulled back several mechanics the battle system has to offer. I thought the gameplay was mediocre but it gets way better plus you still don’t have a full 4-player party

Theres a certain new story mechanic this game has the first one didn’t, you’ve probably heard about it, but I’ll just say it gives the game somewhat of a visual novel feel in my opinion. Interested to see what you think :interesting:

you’ll get it around day 5 or 6 of week 1 

1 hour ago, Delita said:

I know what you mean there’s a few of those missions that basically has the game wanting you to piece things together with no help but honestly i say I experienced maybe 3 of those total so you don’t have to worry

You’re still way too early to the point the game hasn’t really pulled back several mechanics the battle system has to offer. I thought the gameplay was mediocre but it gets way better plus you still don’t have a full 4-player party

Theres a certain new story mechanic this game has the first one didn’t, you’ve probably heard about it, but I’ll just say it gives the game somewhat of a visual novel feel in my opinion. Interested to see what you think :interesting:

you’ll get it around day 5 or 6 of week 1 

very intrigued on how the combat is supposed to change from here. As for the story mechanic 

Spoiler

Are you referring to the time traveling system? I just did it for the 2nd time, and it’s honestly pretty damn cool. 

I find the gameplay loop overall to be pretty engaging. Collecting/leveling up/evolving pins, purchasing new clothes, completing the social network quests, unlocking skills, eating food for stat boosts, etc. it always feels like you’re progressing in one way or another.

Finally got Doom Eternal, better late than never. I'll be honest I'm not so keen on some of the mechanics, like low ammo with the idea that you keep chainsawing every few enemies to replenish.

Also Retrowave. There's not much of a game to it at the moment but it was just over $1 and how can you not love this aesthetic?

ss_26e8e2b220bdc349cbc69af7539445b3199ae

Beyond that I've been playing some retro games and it's amazing how good some Gamecube games look when you run them at 1440p or higher. NIntendo missed an opportunity not re-releasing these.

Ghost of Tsushima iki island really wasn’t worth it. It’s probably 3 hours of new story content and a bunch of other side stuff. No idea where 5-8 hrs story content came from. What’s there is fantastic but it’s over before you know it. Shame.

Gonna have to tip my hat to twinblade, judgement was fantastic. There’s some problems that I hope they address in the sequel but the overall package was damn good. 

Now it’s back to Yakuza LAD and neo the world ends with you :aitch:

Edited by Delita
  • Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Persona 5 Royal.

Unpopular opinion incoming but I'm saying it anyways, this game is overrated as fuck. 

The reception on sidescrollers was pretty spilt with p5. so, i can see some not liking this as much...as say 4 or 3. 

Finished a Plague Tale few days ago. I think GD hated the last 20%? 

I kinda do as well, for me the story felt rushed at the end, weird character decisions, some making no sense at all to me...

What I really didn't like was the gameplay set pieces and by god the last two bosses.... 

Spoiler

The inquisition guy showing up with Hugo at the castle made no sense. The fight against him was annoying as fuck, i hated it. also some set pieces after that in Chapter 16. And the final boss fight took me like 15 tries. I had it figured out super fast but you had to be so precise in where to stand it pissed me off.

Controlling the rats alone was a pain in the ass, I can't even tell if I like it or not story wise too. It's just so over the top. 

I love the game overall, it's pretty unique and the story is dark as fuck but I think they could've just end the story right there, focus a bit more on story stuff and not make a sequel. I'm excited to see where they gonna take it next tho.... but the ending just sucked.

just my opinion though, I bet other people loved it or hated it but for different reasons. 

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Ben 1
1 hour ago, kaz said:

Finished a Plague Tale few days ago. I think GD hated the last 20%? 

I kinda do as well, for me the story felt rushed at the end, weird character decisions, some making no sense at all to me...

What I really didn't like was the gameplay set pieces and by god the last two bosses.... 

Hide contents

The inquisition guy showing up with Hugo at the castle made no sense. The fight against him was annoying as fuck, i hated it. also some set pieces after that in Chapter 16. And the final boss fight took me like 15 tries. I had it figured out super fast but you had to be so precise in where to stand it pissed me off.

Controlling the rats alone was a pain in the ass, I can't even tell if I like it or not story wise too. It's just so over the top. 

I love the game overall, it's pretty unique and the story is dark as fuck but I think they could've just end the story right there, focus a bit more on story stuff and not make a sequel. I'm excited to see where they gonna take it next tho.... but the ending just sucked.

just my opinion though, I bet other people loved it or hated it but for different reasons. 

YES! that's exactly how I felt! spot on! 

11 minutes ago, Delita said:

@Twinblade

How high should i be leveled to fight Majima in Yakuza LAD? The dude is 48 I'm only 34. I can get him down till when he spawns his clones then everything just goes to hell quick

You just have to grind some more levels to close the gap, that makes all the difference. Its honestly such poor design that really hurts the game.

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You just have to grind some more levels to close the gap, that makes all the difference. Its honestly such poor design that really hurts the game.

I seriously don't understand wtf they were thinking. This is also right after i just finished grinding for 3 million yen to progress. It's such blatant padding that drags the game down a lot

9 minutes ago, Delita said:

I seriously don't understand wtf they were thinking. This is also right after i just finished grinding for 3 million yen to progress. It's such blatant padding that drags the game down a lot

Yeah its a bummer, but I actually got lucky when it came to the money requirement. I already had nearly enough at that point because I had put a good amount of time into that business mini game (which was actually pretty fun). But you shouldn't be forced to grind the side content or battles just to be able to make progress in the main story. There have never been barriers like that in any other Yakuza game.

1 hour ago, Delita said:

@Twinblade

How high should i be leveled to fight Majima in Yakuza LAD? The dude is 48 I'm only 34. I can get him down till when he spawns his clones then everything just goes to hell quick

If you run thru the dungeons a couple times and kill the vagabonds you shouldnt be too underleveled at that point. I dont remember if that fight is before or after the tower but you can run thru the last 5 hours of the tower a few times, quickly and rank up quick.  Im pretty sure i was a higher level than him at the boss fight. Its one of the toughest in the game but wasnt too bad. Beat them first try.