What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Ike said:

Game on PSVR is the best Tetris has ever been. It's a wonderful experience if you get the chance.

I do have it, I need to setup my PSVR again, especially since the Ironman VR demo is out.

After I watched They Shall Not Grow Old last night, I also watched an HBO documentary on Maradona.

Damn, that movie almost felt like Scarface Part II. Maradona led a crazy life, and he actually has sympathy from me because he played soccer in Italy (Naples).

And those Italians, all of them, are just so full of shit. They knew who Maradona was hanging around with, they knew Maradona is on cocaine (as would any other soccer megastar), they all knew.

And Maradona won for Naples, and was beloved. And when the World Cup happened in Italy in 1990, and Maradona was playing for his country of Argentine, he was going to do what he ALWAYS DOES. Fucking win.

And that's what he did. Those Italians shouldn't hold it against him, but instead the entire country turned into a bunch of bitches and went all in with ruining him.

That's bullshit.  Maradona is an asshole, but after watching that documentary, I felt like he got wronged.

Edited by jehurey

I'm about finished with the first episode of Space Force ( I thought it was going to be a movie, not a series) and It's not that it's bad, per se... It's just not good.

The cast should almost have made it a guaranteed hit; but it's too on the nose to get you too laugh during the set up, nor is it charming enough to keep my attention; ultimately I can't get a feel what they're trying to go for here.

Finished World on Fire. I really liked most of the show but sometimes it feels like the writers are more focused on pandering to SJWs and the Political correctness world in general, instead of trying to accurately depict the events of WW2.

The storyline involving the german occupation of Poland was genuinely really damn good though, and the strongest overall. Thats not a part of history that you see too many shows or movies try to pull off, as they're always more focused on western europe and that part of the conflict.

Looking forward to Season 2 which will hopefully improve on the writing.

2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'm about finished with the first episode of Space Force ( I thought it was going to be a movie, not a series) and It's not that it's bad, per se... It's just not good.

The cast should almost have made it a guaranteed hit; but it's too on the nose to get you too laugh during the set up, nor is it charming enough to keep my attention; ultimately I can't get a feel what they're trying to go for here.

What? Space Force isn't a movie?

On 2020-05-29 at 10:26 PM, Teh_Diplomat said:

I started the first episode yesterday and couldn't even finish it. I don't remember even smiling at any of it. It's just plain bad. And I'm a HUGE Office fan.

24 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Watched Aquaman last night. How the fuck did this movie make a billion dollars? lol Also what's with the push of 4K when movies have effects this bad? At one point it looks like they're standing in front of painted cardboard. 

It was decent by DCEU standards, but definitely not great. I liked Jason Momoa in the title role as well.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

It was decent by DCEU standards, but definitely not great. I liked Jason Momoa in the title role as well.

It was better than most of the DCEU films, but like Justice League made half of the money it did. It was smart giving the role to Momoa though. The whole thing looked like a videogame tho. That desert Scene looked like a stage prop.