What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

well fuck, i gotta give Barry credit. i wasn't initially crazy about the new, tonal direction in this week's episode (especially after last week's stellar one). however, it ended on a cool note, which i think will lead to a poetic conclusion for the series. ballsy move, but i think it's going to pay off.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

While season 3 of Ted Lasso hasn’t been living up to my expectations, I really dug episode 9. For the first time, I feel like the series has found its footing after a wobbly first 8 eps. I still enjoyed them, but I feel like the end game is finally shaping up. It’s still not what I was hoping for, but it’s hard not to like the extremely charming cast, even when some of the plot lines…well…suck lol. Fortunately, they got rid of the forced arcs and I think the last 3 episodes are going to score big. 

So I was off yesterday and finally decided to check out BEEF… I was hooked and watched the whole season in one sitting! So good, beginning to end

I can’t imagine how there could be a season 2, but I really want one

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
4 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Up to Ep7 and wife and I are massively hooked. Writing, acting and just the whole premise is so fucking good. 

Will prob try finish it in our next sitting. 

It just gets better and darker. 

• aitch 1
5 minutes ago, Ike said:

@-GD-X

Catching up on Barry had to pause and goddamn on episode 4 

Hide contents

I haven’t had a laugh so hard as when the SWAT team raided the Dave and Busters. Holy shit! :D 

the season has been aces! :D

7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

the season has been aces! :D

All caught up now. 

Spoiler

The time jump was a little weird but the ending has promise and a good end. Just a weird creative choice. Also why would the Dad have let them escape? He saw Sally at home and had to have seen them leaving together right? 

Also, how sad was it to see Cristobal go like that? NoHo Hank begging him not to and trying to get him to stay. It was heartbreaking. Hope he gets an Emmy this year. 

9 hours ago, Ike said:

All caught up now. 

Reveal hidden contents

The time jump was a little weird but the ending has promise and a good end. Just a weird creative choice. Also why would the Dad have let them escape? He saw Sally at home and had to have seen them leaving together right? 

Also, how sad was it to see Cristobal go like that? NoHo Hank begging him not to and trying to get him to stay. It was heartbreaking. Hope he gets an Emmy this year. 

Spoiler

yeah, the time jump was a jarring af, but i like where's going. and yes! the hank/cristobal arc was rough!

Finished Beef and it's honestly up there with the very best Netflix shows ever. Probably Top 3 imo. 

We decided to start Yellowjackets now. 2 eps in. Went in fairly blind other then what I read here, so far it's getting it's hooks in. I think I expected a little more Lost esque mystery elements but so far while it very vaguely hints at some stuff it hasn't outright alluded to anything other than survival methods. But we'll see, either way great cast of characters. 

• aitch 1
20 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Beef and it's honestly up there with the very best Netflix shows ever. Probably Top 3 imo. 

We decided to start Yellowjackets now. 2 eps in. Went in fairly blind other then what I read here, so far it's getting it's hooks in. I think I expected a little more Lost esque mystery elements but so far while it very vaguely hints at some stuff it hasn't outright alluded to anything other than survival methods. But we'll see, either way great cast of characters. 

Ohhhh it gets very Lost-like! From is also another awesome Lost-like show. 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Ohhhh it gets very Lost-like! From is also another awesome Lost-like show. 

That's very good to hear! was a big Lost fan.

Yeah was choosing between this and From and decided to go with Yellowjackets first.

Which do you think is better?

• Like 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

That's very good to hear! was a big Lost fan.

Yeah was choosing between this and From and decided to go with Yellowjackets first.

Which do you think is better?

I’m liking season 2 of From more, but both are great. 

• Like 1