So, the Resident Evil Purists are pretty much dead, right?

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

I don't give a shit about the RE franchise anymore. The story went to shit with 4 onwards. Give me the RE3 Remake and I'm done with the series.

REmake, RE2 Remake, RE3 Remake. :bow: 

Was that the one that had a guy who had a gigantic eyeball for a shoulder?

How exactly do you get something as squishy as an eyeball to function as the main joint for a monster's arm? Eyeballs don't have bones.

Anyways..........yeah, story must've been great.:shaq2:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL @ this revisionist shit that RE4 sucked   RE4 was easily the top game of that generation. Mechanically, it was so advanced, so ahead of the curb that every western game copied it. It was

RE4 is exceptional. The atmosphere is still top notch and it’s filled with the tense, foreboding moments you expect to see in a RE game.

well, that too  

Just now, Goukosan said:

Doesn't change how RE4 is regarded by developers and the impact it had on other games.   You guys could shout till your faces turn blue :whoo:

RE4 is not responsible for games like Dead Space. The game mechanics aren't even comparable.

It might have been an influence but Dead Space is entirely different, and forgive me when I say it, a real survival horror game unlike RE4. 

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Was that the one that had a guy who had a gigantic eyeball for a shoulder?

How exactly do you get something as squishy as an eyeball to function as the main joint for a monster's arm? Eyeballs don't have bones.

Anyways..........yeah, story must've been great.:shaq2:

you didn't play the original RE games? LOL 

10 minutes ago, kaz said:

RE4 is not responsible for games like Dead Space. The game mechanics aren't even comparable.

It might have been an influence but Dead Space is entirely different, and forgive me when I say it, a real survival horror game unlike RE4. 

It

Literally

Did

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-resident-evil-4-turned-system-shock-3-into-dead-space/

Jesus Christ almighty.  Did you guys go to Lacuna Inc.....or maybe a Recall Center to have parts of your brain zapped?

Resident Evil 4’s influence has become immeasurable since its release in 2005. Games like Gears of War and Uncharted owe much to the game that revolutionized third-person action controls. However, one popular sci-fi horror game would look a lot like an entirely different sci-fi horror game if not for Capcom’s reinvention of its seminal series. I got the opportunity to sit down with Dead Space designers Ben Wanat and Wright Bagwell to talk about the early days of development and how Resident Evil 4 helped them shape their own horror series out of another.

"When Resident Evil 4 came out, we were just awestruck by it," Wanat told me. "We were all playing it and we were like, 'Holy shit, this is a really awesome game. They're actually trying to tell a story; they've got some cool cinematics; the gameplay systems are fixing a lot of problems, bringing it into this action realm but keeping this intense horror feel to it. It was this amazing combination and—oh, the enemies were so freakin' cool."

Wanat didn't shy away from admitting that Resident Evil 4 is one of his favourite games of all time. And it's clear looking at Dead Space that he wasn't alone at EA Redwood Shores (now Visceral Games).

"It's pretty obvious when you play Dead Space, to look at it and go, 'Yeah, it's almost like they decided to make Resident Evil 4 in space,' which is exactly what we were doing."

tenor.gif?itemid=5619477

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It

Literally

Did

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-resident-evil-4-turned-system-shock-3-into-dead-space/

Jesus Christ almighty.  Did you guys go to Lacuna Inc.....or maybe a Recall Center to have parts of your brain zapped?

They wanted to make system shock 3 but ended up with dead space, okay.

'Holy shit, this is a really awesome game. They're actually trying to tell a story; they've got some cool cinematics; the gameplay systems are fixing a lot of problems, bringing it into this action realm but keeping this intense horror feel to it. It was this amazing combination and—oh, the enemies were so freakin' cool."

jesus, RE4 was absolute garbage because it was a RE game. The 4th iteration of the franchise. Dead Space was brand new. 

also I, and many others, would completely disagree with that quote. Horror was never a part of RE4. 

Edited by kaz
48 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO this thread = Sheep desperate to hold onto RE4 as this amazing game.. +Sabo who thinks RE4 was threatening and panic inducing :hest: 

"people should be made to study RE4's game design" :mj: 

:rofl: 

Here comes Femi with his leaking cunt trying to hop on my dick. Go shove a tampon up your twat.

1 minute ago, kaz said:

They wanted to make system shock 3 but ended up with dead space, okay.

'Holy shit, this is a really awesome game. They're actually trying to tell a story; they've got some cool cinematics; the gameplay systems are fixing a lot of problems, bringing it into this action realm but keeping this intense horror feel to it. It was this amazing combination and—oh, the enemies were so freakin' cool."

jesus, RE4 was absolute garbage because it was a RE game. The 4th iteration of the franchise. Dead Space was brand new. 

Sorry buddy.............the "for a Resident Evil game" strategy simply doesn't work anymore.

Its not 2005.  Its 2019. Resident Evil has been SO MANY THINGS, that you don't have a singular definition of what is a typical "Resident Evil" game.

RE2 remake is CLOSER TO RE4 than it is to the original trilogy.

Shit, its closer to RE Relevations.  You guys just need to admit that you are nostalgia fanboys of RE1/2/3

The utter lack of enthusiasm for REzero proves this theory. They gave you old-school RE, and you all just gave a collective "Meh"

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry buddy.............the "for a Resident Evil game" strategy simply doesn't work anymore.

Its not 2005.  Its 2019. Resident Evil has been SO MANY THINGS, that you don't have a singular definition of what is a typical "Resident Evil" game.

RE2 remake is CLOSER TO RE4 than it is to the original trilogy.

Shit, its closer to RE Relevations.  You guys just need to admit that you are nostalgia fanboys of RE1/2/3

The utter lack of enthusiasm for REzero proves this theory. They gave you old-school RE, and you all just gave a collective "Meh"

i loved 0. i never understood why others didn't. 

edit: bought a gc for re remake and 0. 

Edited by -GD-

Can someone tell me something?

Back in Feb 2005, maybe the game had been out for a month or so. I took screenshots of the game because I could plug the Gamecube up to my Radeon All-in-Wonder video card and that lets me record video and take screenshots.

So I made a post of pictures. And the last picture was one of a dead Luis Sera on the floor. And I type "Oh, btw, Luis Sera dies. Spoiler."

That whole "Luis Sera dies" thing. That came from somewhere else, right? I didn't inadvertently do that, right?