Ninja leaves Twitch for Mixer

9 minutes ago, -GD- said:

wait...so this dude is going to make 12-30 mil a year...streaming games HE'S playing? 

If only we had the idea to put ourselves playing games online like 10 years ago. We'd be rich. :ben:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

$0 

Exclusive streamer 

the exclusives are returning 

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

If only we had the idea to put ourselves playing games online like 10 years ago. We'd be rich. :ben:

But we aren't good enough tbh .

You could still try.  Even getting a decent YouTube following can make you enough cash for nice amount of extra spending / bill money .

Oh surprise surprise!  lmao the MS haters crew is out in force again :D 

Always trying to make a negative out of something positive for MS.. Grow the fuck up men.. If you're anywhere near 30 and like japanime crap and kiddie graphics then those shit platforms are for you.  Bah bah bah I want to play anime games on the shitanese ps4 or switch.. Be a fucking man for christsakes.. Choose an American console/company.  MS and their platforms will dominate.   Little bitches :D 

Edited by Spicalicious

MS are giving free subs to his channel at the moment and he just put out a tweet that he has over 100K subscribers as of right now...

The thing is, it's not even about the viewers... it's about getting other streamers to consider switching as well.  There will undoubtedly be others who have probably been on the verge of looking at other options for a while now.  With Ninja, and some other big streamers moving over... the viewership will naturally follow.

55 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

The guy's been on Ellen, so that should give you an idea of just how big he is.

Even that's underselling him since plenty of people have been on Ellen.

Ninja's face is on Red Bull cans, he has a clothing line at Hot Topic, he has a line of toys with Nerf, and he has posters at Target alongside Marvel, Star Wars, and NFL posters.

We aren't his demographic, but the dude is fucking huge.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Today I learned that you have to pay to subscribe to peoppe on twitch ?

That seems ridiculous 

lmao.

You were probably thinking it was like youtube or something and a "subscription" was just a "follow".  Twitch has follows and subscriptions.  They have multiple tiers of subscriptions as well from $5 to $25 per month.

It's fucking INSANE how much money some of these people are making on twitch... and that's not even considering donations which are constantly flowing in over the course of an 8h stream..  Even just a few bucks per person (some people donate hundreds of $$$ though) and that shit adds up to thousands of dollars per day.  Crazy shit.

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I did assume it was like YouTube.  I had no clue you had to pay 

You don't have to pay. Subs just don't get ads and get chat perks like extra emojis and shit.

Twitch has the ability to do subscriber only streams, but nobody does it.

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

But we aren't good enough tbh .

You could still try.  Even getting a decent YouTube following can make you enough cash for nice amount of extra spending / bill money .

It's not even about being good tbh.

You absolutely have to be good, but it's being a personality more than anything. 

Like sure, it sounds easy playing video games all day and collecting money but the reality is that he's playing Fortnite 12 hours a day and has to spend the entire time interacting with a bunch of 12 year olds in chat. The interaction part is far more important than the actual playing part, at least when it comes to separating yourself from the pack (which is necessary since it's a very top heavy thing...there's a small group of guys making bank and the rest are just getting by...which might sound okay, you get to get by playing video games, but those guys eventually flame out and then you have basically no career prospects cause you spent the last decade streaming vidya games). 

Not to mention how volatile it all is, first world problems and all but one of Ninja's biggest issues with Twitch was the fact that if you miss even a single day of streaming your subscriptions take a huge hit. 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

I was thinking about that a year ago. I remember playing Assassin's Creed 2 and was making fun of the italian people for HOURS on end. I don't mean to brag, but I could've definitely held people's attention.

I get weirded out by those guys that have to maintain a weird persona on their stream, I don't understand that. I always figured I'd take the Bill Burr route and just make it feel like a call-in radio show with a person who is dumb and grumpy and self-deprecating.