Halo Finite Delayed to 2021

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude in his Pajamas like a gf after a breakup. Straight to the haagen daz for this guy.

lmfao this is really why he left. He knew the daily beatings he was going to have to face. 

Damn, this broke Deeno   

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Possibly.  I thought if they were going to delay it, they would possibly just delay the SP part of the game and keep the MP part for Series X launch.. which would at least satisfy a large portion of Halo's players out there.  But that's not the case.. so yea, this is massive.

Basically they are going to have to launch at a stupid cheap price point now to move units.  Halo should have looked amazing and it should have been absolutely MASSIVE for Series X... but jesus, they fucked it up. :D 

Halo is now delayed, and we still haven't seen any games confirmed running on Series X yet.  They haven't done their job at all in convincing people to get one.

It appears All Access and GamePass are going to be the motivators this holiday... lol

Halo's delayed

We don't have any real list of launch games yet...

We haven't seen any games running on the hardware yet...

They're REALLY fucking it all up.

I dunno what PS5 will launch with... but even just one of the bigger games they showed will be enough.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sony delays any of their games from launch to sometime later.. because there's no competition now... at all.

spot on! 

There's not even a Forza game to fall back on either.  Forza is apparently in early stages... so they really have nothing for a while yet.

Halo was MS' game to keep pace with Sony at launch and buy them time to get other games out there... but that's not happening anymore.   Sony is gonna pull away and never look back. lmao

25 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

There's not even a Forza game to fall back on either.  Forza is apparently in early stages... so they really have nothing for a while yet.

Halo was MS' game to keep pace with Sony at launch and buy them time to get other games out there... but that's not happening anymore.   Sony is gonna pull away and never look back. lmao

believe it or not, this was the big blow for me. you know how much i enjoy the forza and forza horizon franchise. super disappointing!

Holy shit what an absolute disaster. Did not see this coming regardless of how bad it looked simply cause it meant too much for the Xbox launch. This game must've been an absolute mess for them to delay this. Microsoft have really shit the bed the last couple months after doing so well earlier.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Holy shit what an absolute disaster. Did not see this coming regardless of how bad it looked simply cause it meant too much for the Xbox launch. This game must've been an absolute mess for them to delay this. Microsoft have really shit the bed the last couple months after doing so well earlier.

They've all but blown any hype they've had riding into launch now.

They had the chance to react to Sonys conference with gameplay of their games,  they failed to do that.  It was mostly cutscene trailers or CGI.. The the gameplay they did show was just underwhelming as hell.  

Leading up they had strong messaging, they had been doing a better job than Sony with communicating the hardware and stuff like BC and all the new hardware technologies... then they starting fucking up the messaging too with "games for 2 years cross platform" to "some games can be specifically for Series X" to "developers can do what they want" to "removing XO versions from sites and advertising things as Series X and PC only"

Like WTF are they doing?

No games shown yet running on the console itself (besides Gears 5 and maybe some of the quick loading demos like State of Decay)

The controller is really just the same as last gen

Halo was supposed to be the WOW title.  The one they advertised as being "demonstrative of the power of Series X".. I thought it was going to be a stunner.

Real talk.. I've been getting lots of flak here lately so what's a little more...

I thought this:

Halo-Infinite-Boxart-7-22-2020.png

was more or less what the game was going to look like.

To me, that looks like what a next gen Halo game could look like.  I don't think it should be that far fetched for brand new next gen hardware to push those kinds of visuals, considering a new engine, a huge budget, with hundreds and hundreds of employees working on it.

It was a HALO LAUNCH TITLE for fuck sakes...

They botched it.  And while I think what was shown looks like traditional Halo.. and I didn't think it looked horrible.. it was a big slap to the face really as far as what the expectations they set were.

Sony's gonna run away with it.

4 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

They've all but blown any hype they've had riding into launch now.

They had the chance to react to Sonys conference with gameplay of their games,  they failed to do that.  It was mostly cutscene trailers or CGI.. The the gameplay they did show was just underwhelming as hell.  

Leading up they had strong messaging, they had been doing a better job than Sony with communicating the hardware and stuff like BC and all the new hardware technologies... then they starting fucking up the messaging too with "games for 2 years cross platform" to "some games can be specifically for Series X" to "developers can do what they want" to "removing XO versions from sites and advertising things as Series X and PC only"

Like WTF are they doing?

No games shown yet running on the console itself (besides Gears 5 and maybe some of the quick loading demos like State of Decay)

The controller is really just the same as last gen

Halo was supposed to be the WOW title.  The one they advertised as being "demonstrative of the power of Series X".. I thought it was going to be a stunner.

Real talk.. I've been getting lots of flak here lately so what's a little more...

I thought this:

Halo-Infinite-Boxart-7-22-2020.png

was more or less what the game was going to look like.

To me, that looks like what a next gen Halo game could look like.  I don't think it should be that far fetched for brand new next gen hardware to push those kinds of visuals, considering a new engine, a huge budget, with hundreds and hundreds of employees working on it.

It was a HALO LAUNCH TITLE for fuck sakes...

They botched it.  And while I think what was shown looks like traditional Halo.. and I didn't think it looked horrible.. it was a big slap to the face really as far as what the expectations they set were.

Sony's gonna run away with it.

Yeah man, like you said they were beginning to stutter even before the Halo reveal. They did so well in the last year or 2 to building the hype to their next system. Their messaging was on point, their pro customer decisions were on point, they had Sony be silent for ages and then similarly to last gen, it feels like they just didn't believe in their vision enough and started flip flopping on their messaging. That 'games for 2 years will be cross platform' and 'you can play our games on any xbox' messaging turning into 'well it's up to the devs' and 'well not all games' to flat out fragmenting your reveal event with games that some are XOX/XSX/PC to some only XSX/PC to some that ppl have no idea.....wtf. It was such a mess. 

They also had the perfect opportunity, one they never have, to actually react to Sony's reveal. And their reaction to a next gen show that had a rule of everything showing must run on PS5 was to have a show where not a single second of gameplay was running on XSX and most exciting games didn't even have gameplay. 

I know Phil gets a lot of love in the gaming sphere but honestly, I can't think of a guy that has talked more and delivered less than Phil. Everything he says is always so nice and pro consumer. He hypes up every E3 and the next one (lol), he comes out saying how confident they are after Sony's event and constantly talking how it's all about games, yet when it comes to results, he has been in charge over Xbox's worst first party output in history.

Then we get to the Halo reveal....which well, enough has already probably been said. I do think it really comes down to 343 just simply being not good enough. They have fucked up every Halo and have had gigantic issues developing and releasing games (none more so than MCC). With this delay we are even seeing little tweets (schreirer among others) here and there to show how bad things really were in development. You expectations for that pic were very realistic. I had them also. It's what a next gen Halo should look like and it wasn't at all an insane expectation. They have just stuffed this up so massively.

Tbh Sony didn't even need a mistake, their momentum going into next gen is insane. MS really needed to fire on all cylinders to keep up. It's gonna be a cake walk now. 

On neogaf, dynocrap was posting gif of him kicks his Xbox packages that he keeps in mint condition, and unplugging his Xbox Live neon sign.

Its not even that they're hurting the hardware............Halo would've been the game to help kick up GamePass subscriptions.

There's not Halo, there's Forza..........they're better grab a multiplat, a NEW multiplat releasing this year, and throw it on GamePass.

Here people saying that they are going to shift over to Cyberpunk as their main marketed game for the end of this year. I almost think they need to pay CDPR to put it on GamePass, but I think CDPR knows they have the power to sell that game for $60 to ANY STARVING Xbox owner.

It may very well be that Xbox One S and Xbox One X and Xbox Series S/X owners will be starving so bad.......they'll pay the full $60 for Cyberpunk, and turn off their GamePass subscription this Christmas.

Microsoft should be thanking their stars that Cyberpunk got delayed, but Cyberpunk sales may literally be taking GamePass revenue away from Microsoft.

Edited by jehurey