Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies of pancreatic cancer at age 87

I now understand why I left this place. You guys are absolute psychos. 

Post deleted for saying....

Only an idiot would want a one party system.

Contention must exist, compromise must exist, checks and balances are a necessity.

Burn in hell idiots. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You left this place because you were constantly getting owned, and you ran like a little bitch ass coward. Oh...”the series s doesn’t exist”...you got owned even when you were away  you are a failure

Not really tbh when you see who posted it.   It's like someone seeing jimbo post his penis for the first time vs. one whos seen it 100 times.

1 hour ago, ..... said:

Burn in hell idiots. 

That's not what your post said? It was celebrating her death with a video of whoopi goldberg praising jesus from Sister Act and something else equally off-color.

LOL the guy who, in another thread, literally ADMITTED that he would support right-wing fascism if the Republicans resorted to those tactics.........was trying to give me a lecture about one-sidedness.

The country votes more for Democratic Presidents.

The country, every two years, has more votes going to Democrats for Congressional seats in the House.  Not just 2018, this has actually happened in the previous  mid-terms in which Republicans have gotten the majority of seats in the House, there were actually more votes nationwide for Democrats. And the House seats is supposed to be absolutely proportional to the voting numbers of the US population. (in other words.........Republican gerrymandered their way into getting more House seats than they deserve).

This country is a left-leaning country. The numbers are not up for debate.

13 hours ago, ..... said:

Burn in hell idiots. 

You left this place because you were constantly getting owned, and you ran like a little bitch ass coward. Oh...”the series s doesn’t exist”...you got owned even when you were away :D you are a failure at life and it’s manifested itself into your sw persona. “I’m leaving this time, I swear :cry:”...yet you come back like a battered house wife for more abuse. Nobody gives 2 shits about your retarded, racist ass leaving. See ya in a few weeks :D 

• Geese 1
  • dead 2
8 hours ago, Ike said:

Fucking scumbags, the lot of them.

Republicans play the game. I hate them but as long as democrats keep trying to play the high road and win they are mistaken. Part of why Republicans hate the Clintons is because they are willing to play as dirty as Republicans. 

Like the Dems when they started it by blocking Bork and Estrada on ideological grounds and then changed the Senate filibuster rules to confirm lower court nominations with a straight majority so they could swamp them with activist judges?

Like how Biden flip-flopped twice on election year nominations, first saying they shouldn't be allowed in '92 in order to try and block a Bush nomination, then flip-flopped in '12 with Garland, and now he's flip-flopped again?

You guys are going to need to work on the crocodile tears more.

I think it's safe to say every fucking politician from whatever side or party becomes a total hyprocrite when they get into power.  

In my province the NDP have just called a snap election 1 year before the mandated fixed election date and after signing an agreement with the green party to not call an election before october 2021. They are all hypocrites. 

The front-runner Amy Barrett belongs to the group that inspired The Handmaid's Tale :|

“The New York Times reported that Barrett and her husband, who are parents to seven children, are members of an obscure group called People of Praise.

"Members of the group swear a lifelong oath of loyalty, called a covenant, to one another, and are assigned and are accountable to a personal adviser, called a 'head' for men and a 'handmaid' for women," the report read. "The group teaches that husbands are the heads of their wives and should take authority over the family."

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

The front-runner Amy Barrett belongs to the group that inspired The Handmaid's Tale :|

“The New York Times reported that Barrett and her husband, who are parents to seven children, are members of an obscure group called People of Praise.

"Members of the group swear a lifelong oath of loyalty, called a covenant, to one another, and are assigned and are accountable to a personal adviser, called a 'head' for men and a 'handmaid' for women," the report read. "The group teaches that husbands are the heads of their wives and should take authority over the family."

Guess you wouldn't want a Muslim Supreme Court Justice either eh? 

26 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

The claim's already been retracted. 

"Correction: This article’s headline originally stated that People of Praise inspired ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’. The book’s author, Margaret Atwood, has never specifically mentioned the group as being the inspiration for her work. A New Yorker profile of the author from 2017 mentions a newspaper clipping as part of her research for the book of a different charismatic Catholic group, People of Hope. Newsweek regrets the error."

The press is doing a bang-up job as usual.

34 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

No, I wouldn't. :|

But the USA is turning into a warped Christian theocracy by people who have no real clue what Jesus actually preached.