Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Biden whistleblower releases recording of Biden family friend that practically confirms shady foreign deals

Oct. 28, 2020

Tucker Carlson Reports He Lost Only Copy of Documents That Nail Biden

The Trump campaign and its right-wing media messengers have devoted the final stretch of the election to insisting they had uncovered proof of deep corruption by the Biden family, along with demands that the mainstream media cover their allegations. (“Cover” means float insinuations of guilt, rather than nailing down the truth of the charges.)

There have been several fishy aspects to the accusations, however. For one, incriminating information supposedly located on a Hunter Biden laptop left in a Delaware computer shop had in fact been circulating in Ukraine well before it was reportedly turned over to Rudy Giuliani’s lawyer. Over the weekend, Time reported that the Hunter Biden emails and photos were being shopped in Kiev last fall by somebody who “wanted to sell it to Republican allies of President Trump.” Several days later, Politico reported the “Hunter Biden laptop” material was being shopped around by a “Ukrainian oligarch looking for help with a potential legal jam” as early as spring of 2019.

Another oddity in the timing, as Andrew Prokop noticed, is that the star witness for Fox News and Trump, Tony Bobulinski, claimed he only came forward because he was outraged at the response to the New York Post story first reporting the email hacks. But Ben Smith reported in the New York Times that Bobulinski was working with Trump’s campaign to pitch the story to the Wall Street Journal, before they settled for giving it to the New York Post. (The Journal duly reported that they had no evidence of wrongdoing by Joe Biden.)

On Wednesday night’s show, Tucker Carlson reported that his team had acquired incriminating documents. However, they sent them from Washington to Los Angeles, and the documents disappeared. And they neglected to make any copies. So now the only copy of the documents that would nail the probable next President of the United States are gone

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/tucker-carlson-lost-only-copy-of-documents-nailing-biden.html

So, just to recap, Tucker Carlson's "people" had a hold of documents...........and they thought to themselves "we need to send a copy of this to another office".

And they couldn't think of:

-Scanning (2000's decade technology)

-Texting photos (2010's decade technology)

-Using a fax machine (1970's decade technology)

And they decided on using late 1700's technology, and they didn't decide to use a copy machine to send a copy of documents that are already copies themselves (since they would have to be printouts of emails)

And they just happened to not use a personal courier (which all actual corporate business would use), or even a paid service like DHL, UPS, Fedex, or United States Priority Postal Service with actual tracking.

This story, the biggest scandal of the year, that is meant for a nightly tv show that is rushing to air this story as quickly as possible...............and they used regular mail service?

Yeah, this sounds believable.

I hope the alt-right'ers here know that Fox News' lawyers defending Tucker Carlson have argued in court that his show is not a "factual" news program, that its an entertainment program and they provide "non-literal commentary". Right?

I'm not kidding, here's proof of the court document where the judge re-asserts Tucker's lawyers argument: https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/new-york/nysdce/1:2019cv11161/527808/39/

I.          Carlson’s Statements Are Not Actionable as Defamation

Fox News first argues that, viewed in context, Mr. Carlson cannot be understood to have been stating facts, but instead that he was delivering an opinion using hyperbole for effect.

In light of this precedent and the context of “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” the Court finds that Mr. Carlson’s invocation of “extortion” against Ms. McDougal is nonactionable hyperbole, intended to frame the debate in the guest commentator segment that followed Mr. Carlson’s soliloquy. As Defendant notes, Mr. Carlson himself aims to “challenge[] political correctness and media bias.” Def. Br. at 14. This “general tenor” of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not “stating actual facts” about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in

“exaggeration” and “non-literal commentary.” Milkovich, 497 U.S. at 20-21; Levinsky’s, Inc. v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 127 F.3d 122, 128 (1st Cir. 1997)). Fox persuasively argues, see Def Br. at 13-15, that given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer “arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism” about the statements he makes. 600 W. 115th Corp. v. Von Gutfeld, 80 N.Y.2d 130, 141, 603 N.E.2d 930, 936 (1992). Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson’s statements as “exaggeration,” “non-literal commentary,” or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same—the statements are not actionable

So, its not up for debate.

Don't ever post anything from Tucker Carlson again. He has legally declared that he does not state facts.

Close this idiotic thread.

Edited by jehurey
  • dead 1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool. I'm still voting for Biden as many times as I can anyway. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/22/ivankas-trademark-requests-were-fast-tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/#64f9647e1d60   Whatboutism is the right's favorite tactic rig

Ivd lost so many brain cells just trying to read this this dumb shit.

Posted Images

I’m gonna leave it open just so we can keep laughing at this. There was no October surprise and Tucker Carlson is not a journalist nor does he present facts. 

In fact, he argued in court that his show shouldn’t be taken literally:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

What an abject failure this whole thing turned out to be. :hest:

• dead 1
10 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Cool. I'm still voting for Biden as many times as I can anyway. 

lmfao, i know twinb is a trump sucking die hard faggggot but I don't get what he's trying to accomplish here. :D  

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Biden has been compromised by foreign countries. He is a danger to the U.S.

:kaz: :kaz: wtf someone please make this their signature or I will. wtf twinblade?  you seem like a normal guy with common sense how can you be so blind?

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/tucker-carlson-lost-only-copy-of-documents-nailing-biden.html

So, just to recap, Tucker Carlson's "people" had a hold of documents...........and they thought to themselves "we need to send a copy of this to another office".

And they decided on using late 1700's technology, and they didn't decide to use a copy machine to send a copy of documents that are already copies themselves (since they would have to be printouts of emails)

And they just happened to not use a personal courier (which all actual corporate business would use), or even a paid service like DHL, UPS, Fedex, or United States Priority Postal Service with actual tracking.

This story, the biggest scandal of the year, that is meant for a nightly tv show that is rushing to air this story as quickly as possible...............and they used regular mail service?

I hope the alt-right'ers here know that Fox News' lawyers defending Tucker Carlson have argued in court that his show is not a "factual" news program, that its an entertainment program and they provide "non-literal commentary". Right?

I'm not kidding, here's proof of the court document where the judge re-asserts Tucker's lawyers argument: https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/new-york/nysdce/1:2019cv11161/527808/39/

Don't ever post anything from Tucker Carlson again. He has legally declared that he does not state facts.

You should get a job at Twitter

1 hour ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

You should get a job at Twitter

Oh maybe you should just stop talking when you know you are in the wrong.

Because trying to think of clever comebacks isn't working.

Which, ironically enough, makes you more qualified to work at twitter than me. LOL

19 hours ago, jehurey said:

Did @Twinblade read this?

26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I read it but could care less, the documents have been found and they'll hopefully reveal more juicy bits of info about how corrupt Biden and his family are.

No.

You either respect the facts, or you don't.

No such documents exist.

And you taking Tucker Carlson's word..........when he has LEGALLY DECLARED himself in a court of law that he does not say facts..........is you SHOWING BIAS.

So.........don't come in here and talk to us like as if you have any credibility on the subject.

You don't.

You're response right now just proved you don't have any credibility. In fact, you have a pre-determined bias.

You are basically telling us that you are not smart enough, or willing enough, to accept what is factual and what isn't.

1 hour ago, nitric said:

To anyone that wants to watch Fucker Carlson embarrass himself and Faux News. This is why Faux News is one of the worst news sources around.

YIkes.

Time to lock another one of your own threads TB.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I read it but could care less, the documents have been found and they'll hopefully reveal more juicy bits of info about how corrupt Biden and his family are.

When facts slaps you in your face you could care less. 🤣

What's your source for the documents have been found?   

Again you're breaking the rules of the political board. 

"claims need to be backed up w/ links" 

Edited by Goukosan
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

When facts slaps you in your face you could care less. 🤣

What's your source for the documents have been found?   

Again you're breaking the rules of the political board. 

"claims need to be backed up w/ links" 

And this is why the whole narrative that "both sides are to blame" and "there's such division these days"

is bullshit.  Pure bullshit.

There isn't division being perpetrated by both sides. There is ONE SIDE who is causing this division and THEY KNOW THEY ARE CAUSING this division.........and they don't fucking care.

Because there is nothing they will agree with.

Not even facts.

When presented with facts........they act like as if facts can be dismissed.

They genuinely, GENUINELY THINK that their BELIEF carries the same weight as a FACT.