All Things Politics

OFFICIAL ELECTION DAY THREAD

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I take no accountability. This was China's fault. My rallies are huge. Fire Fauci.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Why is the polling so wrong? 

There's always going to be a margin of error. North Carolina going +1 Trump (polled at +1.7 Biden) wouldn't be all that surprising. Georgia going +3 Trump (polled at +0.9 Biden) wouldn't be all that surprising. It's really just Florida at +3 Trump (polled at +2.5 Biden) that's a huge outlier thus far, but we know that's because of Miami-Dade and pollsters routinely talk about the difficulties of polling hispanic/latino voters.

If the polling gets a midwest state wrong (or Arizona goes more than +1 Trump), there's a significant problem in the polling and I'm not sure how you win that confidence back. All I heard during polling season was how the polls should be better this year because of fewer third party candidates and changes to weighting for education that was missed in 2016. This is the do over and the polls would need to be even more wrong than in 2016 for Trump to win, so if he does then big oof.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Mainstream Media being misleading + biased pollsters + many 'silent' trump voters refusing to reveal their vote

That helps Trump.. It makes people over confident and some just stay home