(Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I guess I got that from a comic book too huh @jehurey :drake:

:blessed:

so @-GD-X, he goes straight into trying to derail the thread, right after you said not to.

and LOL, the first game had timed obstacle courses.

gee you can race the animal that you can mount on? wow, what a prediction.

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got held back to only be the best graphics... How unfortunate 

I love how each village/clan have a distinct cultural feel to them.

This is what you do when you have nothing to play on your Shitbox? You scour the the internet looking for glitches on a great game? Damn, sucks to be a lemshit.    

Posted Images

Just now, Remij said:

^he's melting down so hard right now... :kaz:

Poor guy literally couldn't hold his act for a couple of hours.

Even after @-GD-Xspecifically said to stay on topic after you CRIED to him to come into this thread.

And on top of that, you spend all those posts saying you aren't butthurt and thinking about me, and what's the first thing you did........even going out of your way to grabbed a leaked review and post it on here lightning fast? LOL wow.

Just now, jehurey said:

Poor guy literally couldn't hold his act for a couple of hours.

Even after @-GD-Xspecifically said to stay on topic after you CRIED to him to come into this thread.

And on top of that, you spend all those posts saying you aren't butthurt and thinking about me, and what's the first thing you did........even going out of your way to grabbed a leaked review and post it on here lightning fast? LOL wow.

Shut up and talk about the game or reviews and the content within those reviews fool.

You were already warned about this.

I posted a review... and made a comment about it.  You losing your shit about that is what's again dragging this thread off course.. :shake:

Just now, jehurey said:

:drake:now he's getting angry because i explained how he can't hold himself together.

Imagine trying to tell me that "you got a review and posted it here" in the review prediction thread... is some kind of "gotcha" because you're really butthurt about me being right about ANOTHER thing.

The review was posted.. and so I posted it here... in the thread about reviews and predictions... and you're whining about it :drake:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Imagine trying to tell me that "you got a review and posted it here" in the review prediction thread... is some kind of "gotcha" because you're really butthurt about me being right about ANOTHER thing.

The review was posted.. and so I posted it here... in the thread about reviews and predictions... and you're whining about it :drake:

more and more typing about me.

1 minute ago, Voidler said:

Will you two just suck eachothers dicks or shut up already.

Everyone is sick of seeing you stink up every thread 

i wasn't even posting in this thread, until he went out of his way to call me into it.

and then he said I was derailing.

and then two hours later he called me BACK IN the thread a second time. :yeshrug:early 20 filipino girlfriends are more emotionally stable.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i wasn't even posting in this thread, until he went out of his way to call me into it.

and then he said I was derailing.

and then two hours later he called me BACK IN the thread a second time. :yeshrug:early 20 filipino girlfriends are more emotionally stable.

More not talking about Horizon...

You have a REAL fucking problem :tom:

15 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Will you two just suck eachothers dicks or shut up already.

Everyone is sick of seeing you stink up every thread 

I'm sick of it too... I can't post anymore without him derailing the fuck out of my threads, or any other threads.  The forum does nothing about it though :( 

Edited by Remij

More not talking about Horizon...

You have a REAL fucking problem :tom:

he's still trying to project, after i had already explained. wow.

I'm sick of it too... I can't post anymore without him derailing the fuck out of my threads, or any other threads.  The forum does nothing about it though :( 

4 hours ago, Remij said:

So I attempted to bait you...

and i even said thank you and tried to leave, and then he literally called me back again.

Reviewer on ERA

I scored it a 7.5 but I actually absolutely loved it. Put close to 100 hours into it. Just too many technical issues and some gameplay stuff that felt off.

In my heart, it's a solid 9 though if all those issues didn't exist.

Damn, so it sounds like there's some bugs and tech issues that bring down the experience... that's a shame.

• NPC 1
47 minutes ago, Remij said:

lol.. seems like the game definitely has some tech issues.  People are saying textures often don't load in at all.. and this is on PS5 too.

horizon-forbidden-west-review-4.jpg

Nah that's bullshit, that's probably done before the day one patch.

The actual patched version has none of those issues according to Next Gen Base analysis. They says it runs buttery smooth on PS5 with a mostly locked 30 or 60fps with little to no pop in at all.

NXGamer and DF both confirm it runs at 1800p/60fps on PS5.

Edited by FIREPOWER

Early graphics analysis….

PS4 Pro:
1080p at 30fps
90,55Gb

PS4 Pro:
1800p at 30fps
90,55Gb

PS5:
2160p at 30fps / 1800p at 60fps
98,34Gb

From description: This comparison has been made with the launch patch applied to all versions.
- PS5 resolution mode applies temporal injection over 2160p (something similar to what we saw in Spider-Man: Miles Morales), achieving greater sharpness and no aliasing.
- PS5 FPS mode reaches 1800p resolution, but the difference seems bigger due to the technique mentioned above.

The overall geometry on PS5 is taller. This can be easily seen on rocks or trees. This explains the larger size of the PS5 version, among other things.
- There is a higher density of vegetation on PS5 in some areas. However, in this sequel, Aloy interacts with all vegetation on both platforms.
- The general quality of the texturing is better on PS5, although there is not a big difference in this aspect.
- Reflections in PS5 Resolution mode are considerably better than in FPS mode. FPS mode reflections resemble PS4 quality.
- This game does not use Ray-Tracing of any kind.
- Particles are one of the elements that differ the most between versions, especially in the vegetation of the plague. On PS4/PS4 Pro there is little quantity and the FPS mode of PS5 reduces its quality.
- Framerate is almost perfect during gameplay. PS4 has some minor stuttering issues, but nothing major. In cutscenes, all versions have drops.
- Draw distance and anisotropic filtering are larger on PS5. FPS mode also lowers these settings.
- Load times are 7 times faster on PS5.
- The rendering quality of the water on PS5 is better, but in the case of PS4 the level is also satisfactory.
- PS5 adds additional shadows to various assets (particularly vegetation) and general shadows appear more realistic.
- The night sky on PS5 also has more stars and lighting effects.
- Horizon Forbidden West is a game designed for PS4, which guarantees outstanding performance on this platform. However, the improvements applied in PS5 make for a great look, much more numerous than usual in this type of oldgen ports.

Looks like it runs almost flawlessly like the original game. Runs surprisingly well on PS4/PS4 Pro but PS5 version of game looks considerably better and is able to push better effects, resolution and framerate. Very happy to hear it runs at 1800pCB lat 60fps with the same temporal injection Spiderman used on the PS4 Pro back in the day making it look higher than actual 1800p. The day one patch helped a lot and makes the game run better and smoother than the unpatched game. Looking forward to John’s analysis from DF later today :aitch:

Edited by FIREPOWER

If it can handle 1800p at 60fps, then maybe they should work on an update similar to Ratchet & Clank to try and create a 40fps mode that still maintains 2160p

60fps is always nice, but this has never been an ultra-fast moving game.

• Like 1
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to (Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]