Russia has officially invaded Ukraine

Just now, Twinblade said:

Ok breh whatever you say :ben:

Somehow that answer is more insulting than anything else you could possibly have said. Impressive. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.youtube.com/@DenysDavydov   This guy posts daily summaries of the main events in the war (He also covered that explosion which was old btw). He's Ukrainian, but he's not afraid t

Wasn't Aza going to Crimea on vacation this month? Well I hope he has a.....blast 

Facts over feelings.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

I skimmed through. That guy needs to chill out. It’s a combat zone, Ukraine will obviously have losses, especially in wide open fields where mines and artillery strikes are plentiful.

The most concerning thing is how Russia was able to get their choppers close enough to attack the convoys. Ukraine needs to support these movements with air defense, and that’s one thing they might be struggling with.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I skimmed through. That guy needs to chill out. It’s a combat zone, Ukraine will obviously have losses, especially in wide open fields where mines and artillery strikes are plentiful.

The most concerning thing is how Russia was able to get their choppers close enough to attack the convoys. Ukraine needs to support these movements with air defense, and that’s one thing they might be struggling with.

He's saying this first wave is probably made out of conscripts meant to probe out Russian defenses. 

Lack of air support is definitely an issue here. Russians have air superiority, including drones surveillance. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Ramza said:

He's saying this first wave is probably made out of conscripts meant to probe out Russian defenses. 

Lack of air support is definitely an issue here. Russians have air superiority, including drones surveillance. 

The problem is that Ukraine needs to keep a bunch of vital air defense equipment around Kyiv to protect from Russia’s constant missile and drone barrages. If Ukraine could put a Patriot battery closer to the frontlines, Russia’s Air Force would be swatted out of the sky like flies.

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The problem is that Ukraine needs to keep a bunch of vital air defense equipment around Kyiv to protect from Russia’s constant missile and drone barrages. If Ukraine could put a Patriot battery closer to the frontlines, Russia’s Air Force would be swatted out of the sky like flies.

Yeah, one of the patriot system got hit during some of the latest ballistic missiles barrages from what I remember. It's just not an option Ukraine got. 

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yeah, one of the patriot system got hit during some of the latest ballistic missiles barrages from what I remember. It's just not an option Ukraine got. 

Lol it didn't get hit. Shrapnel from a downed missile caused an incredibly minor amount of damage to one of the launchers and it was almost immediately repaired afterwards.

@Ramza if you like WW2, you check out this channel. They're basically covering the entirety of WW2 in weekly episodes (currently there are a whopping 250). Once its complete its going to become the most comprehensive documentary on the war out there.

They also have extended coverage for major events in the war. The last big one was pearl harbor, but they just put out a new one for D-Day. Its 24 hours of video just covering the entire day, right down to pretty much every single detail. Pretty insane stuff, I can't even begin to imagine just how much work they had to put into those videos.

https://www.youtube.com/@WorldWarTwo

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@Ramza if you like WW2, you check out this channel. They're basically covering the entirety of WW2 in weekly episodes (currently there are a whopping 250). Once its complete its going to become the most comprehensive documentary on the war out there.

They also have extended coverage for major events in the war. The last big one was pearl harbor, but they just put out a new one for D-Day. Its 24 hours of video just covering the entire day, right down to pretty much every single detail. Pretty insane stuff, I can't even begin to imagine just how much work they had to put into those videos.

https://www.youtube.com/@WorldWarTwo

I've known him for a while now. Also like his WW1 stuff. 

At the end he goes into how the defensive lines and supply lines of the Russians were impacted by the recent flooding. Lol at the blue and yellow kayaks. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

I've known him for a while now. Also like his WW1 stuff. 

At the end he goes into how the defensive lines and supply lines of the Russians were impacted by the recent flooding. Lol at the blue and yellow kayaks. 

Ukraine's strategy is pretty good so far. They're picking and choosing their battles along the southern front, forcing Russia to shuffle around reserves which is eventually going to cause communications and logistics issues. Eventually Russia will leave a gap in their defense lines and Ukraine will exploit that by flooding said area with their own reserves including their new brigades.

And despite Russia being on the defensive the equipment losses are roughly 1:1 for both sides based on what i've seen. This is actually a terrible ratio for Russia compounded by the fact that Ukranian crews are surviving when their western made MRAPs, tanks, and APCs are destroyed while many Russians immediately die when the same attacks happen against their Soviet Union era junk.

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Ukraine's strategy is pretty good so far. They're picking and choosing their battles along the southern front, forcing Russia to shuffle around reserves which is eventually going to cause communications and logistics issues. Eventually Russia will leave a gap in their defense lines and Ukraine will exploit that by flooding said area with their own reserves including their new brigades.

And despite Russia being on the defensive the equipment losses are roughly 1:1 for both sides based on what i've seen. This is actually a terrible ratio for Russia compounded by the fact that Ukranian crews are surviving when their western made MRAPs, tanks, and APCs are destroyed while many Russians immediately die when the same attacks happen against their Soviet Union era junk.

Russian first fortifications defense are about to get encircled. That's just early part of the counter offensive campaign and I'm guessing it didn't happened as fast and as easily as Ukraine anticipated. Their real goal is a much bigger move, they're going south where there's a gap in the Russians lines and they will then attack in from the east, battling the other defensive trenches from a direction the Russian are not prepared to fight them, or two fronts essentially, forcing them to a tactical retreat. 

But I dunno, I'm getting conflicted reports. One day Ukrainians are getting pushed back, 24 hours later they took some important tactical heights.

• Upvote 1
On 2023-06-12 at 3:51 AM, lynux3 said:

Not looking good for Russia. :reg: 

Not sure where those heavy Russian casualties news come from from but so far the Ukrainians have barely managed to conquer any serious ground and it's been over a week. I've seen German tanks burning in the fields and some Ukraine flags over small, insignificant villages. This is far from taking Crimea to say the least.

I know Ukraine still has a lot platoons in reserves though. That is definitely accurate. 

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

Holy shit. That's one effective strike.

*Unreal announcer* MULTIKILL

Man, I couldn't help it. 

The big news now is that Ukraine finally has a foothold south of Orkihiv. Which also means they were able to recover some of the vehicles that were damaged and abandoned in that area.

• Upvote 1

I'm intrigued to see a challenger go into combat, the UK has never lost one in battle and there are some crazy stories out there including about one them getting show with about 70 RPG's. The reality is the worst they've encountered is a poorly equipped Iraqi army but still, it will be interesting.  

On 2023-06-15 at 7:03 PM, Cell said:

I'm intrigued to see a challenger go into combat, the UK has never lost one in battle and there are some crazy stories out there including about one them getting show with about 70 RPG's. The reality is the worst they've encountered is a poorly equipped Iraqi army but still, it will be interesting.  

Unfortunately, in this type of conflict RPGs are the least of anyone's worry. Artillery, anti-tank mines, and Anti Tank Guided Missiles (ATGMs) have been the biggest threat to Russians when they were on the offensive, and now Ukrainians are facing the same issues. It doesn't matter how good a Tank or IFV is if it gets taken out long before getting within range of an enemy position.