Is it true in America you get about 10 days off per year?

What the absolute fuck is that shit?

In my current job I’m a contractor so I have the bare minimum legal time off and it still works out as nearly 30 days. In my old job I worked for a University and it was about 40 days off a year, and that’s nothing compared to if you’re a teacher in which case you get all the terms and summertime off (like 12 weeks?).

Sometimes I think about spending a year in America or Canada to just experience something different but it sounds like if I did I would be stuck in work the whole time. 

:ben:

5 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

I have about 36 paid days a year but have the option to “purchase” up to 5 more through my benefits package. 

Awesome, is that normal though?

14 hours ago, Cell said:

Awesome, is that normal though?

Lol no.  Government workers get every holiday which is about 15 days and the rest get about 10 days.  I get 13 days off.  I also get PTO which accumulates at a rate of 12.3 hours a month. 

1 hour ago, Cell said:

Most of you have got a great deal, seems like we don’t know what the hell we’re talking about over here with respect to US employment terms. 

Well, you aren’t completely wrong. Most starting positions only offer 10 days of vacation time. Some places give you an extra 5 per five years of employment (with a 20 cap). So, I know many people with only 10 days. 

4 hours ago, Cell said:

Most of you have got a great deal, seems like we don’t know what the hell we’re talking about over here with respect to US employment terms. 

You're right that the US' vacation system is hilariously garbage for a country as developed as the US is, but it's probably not going to affect you. Blue-collar and service workers are the ones that get fucked over, but I believe you're in engineering so you'll be more than fine. 

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

You're right that the US' vacation system is hilariously garbage for a country as developed as the US is, but it's probably not going to affect you. Blue-collar and service workers are the ones that get fucked over, but I believe you're in engineering so you'll be more than fine. 

I kinda guessed, and yeah I’m currently working as a process engineer for a large pharmaceutical supplier, one of our biggest customers is Pfizer. Who needs morals when you can get a bigger than average pay check for your wife to spend on shit we don’t need. 

:mjgrin:

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Working is for poor people 

My guy got the biggest mud hut in the street, 10 chickens and 2 donkeys in the garden. iPhone 4 in his pocket and a 2003 BMW on the drive.

You made it homie. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Cell said:

My guy got the biggest mud hut in the street, 10 chickens and 2 donkeys in the garden. iPhone 4 in his pocket and a 2003 BMW on the drive.

You made it homie. 

Actually, he inherited apartments from his Father.