The Super Mario Bros Movie flopped hard

8 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

They're not loving it. Adults are saying it's a plotless cavalcade of references, shiny objects and boring performances. Kids are saying Detective Pikachu was better.

If the word of mouth is a bad as you it should tank at the box office right? :umad:

Anyways... Not wasting anymore time on this kids movie warz thread. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrating the box office numbers of a shitty CGI movie of Mario. Goukoshill  

they always add 2 or 3 to anything mario-related

Goukosan when Nintendo makes money

Posted Images

LOL what type of person must you be to devote this much energy and time to trying to criticize a Super Mario Bros. movie.:drake:

This headline pretty much explains it, perfectly:

901136809_Screenshot2023-04-07at20-34-51SuperMarioBrosMoviestarsOurtoughestcriticwillbesomemiddle-agedmanlivinginhisbasement.png.67b595e9797996103fbede48cc3c6717.png

:umad:He just described several people in this thread.

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Rotten tomatoes doesn't determine if a movie is a flop or not... You've spent too much time taking this SW shit seriously that now you're applying it to movies and a kids movie no less :kaz:

The reality is, for movies the audience reception and the box office decides if a movie is a flop or not.  From the start I have maintained that the kids and family audience will love this movie and guess what they do :umad:

Keep :adhd: on SW Bbbut it's a flop I swearz it :awww:... While the movie sees real world success at the box office and with the movie going audience... Deal with it:luigi::mario1:

and? why should we treat movies any different than games?

you can say the exact same thing about games. in reality, all that matters is audience reception and sales. and yet we still have review threads, post scores, and laugh when games flop. and anyone dc'ing with user reviews would be called out for the laughable/sad cope that it is.

and no, you didnt just say "kids will love it." i dont think anyone would have disagreed that kids and nintendo man-children would like it - aka people with no standards. what you actually said is this would be a GOOD movie, for ALL ages. and its not a good movie for adults, or kids.

take the L, and move on.

Edited by Quad Damage
5 hours ago, Saucer said:

Hey while we're hear, did anyone see the horseshit trailer for the new Indy film? Looks like the woman is the lead, she's got Hermione's time turner thing, and capitalism is stealing yo. Step aside Shia, the shit's about to be shittier. 

Dont forget its yet another movie showing an "old" actor digitalized as young too. Who started that trend? Will Smith?

16 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

and? why should we treat movies any different than games?

you can say the exact same thing about games. in reality, all that matters is audience reception and sales. and yet we still have review threads, post scores, and laugh when games flop. and anyone dc'ing with user reviews would be called out for the laughable/sad cope that it is.

and no, you didnt just say "kids will love it." i dont think anyone would have disagreed that kids and nintendo man-children would like it - aka people with no standards. what you actually said is this would be a GOOD movie, for ALL ages. and its not a good movie for adults, or kids.

take the L, and move on.

Oh noes.. Kids are enjoying a kids movie they're owned!!! 1!!:adhd:.... Do you hear yourself ?  You are taking this shit to heart for real... Go outside take a breather and get some air:kaz:

Stop trying to twist what I said... I said "it's a good movie for all ages. It's a family movie."  Aka it's catering to kids and families...

And guess what... 

Kids and families are enjoying the movie.. Get over it or just stay mad :mario1:

Edited by Goukosan
22 hours ago, Saucer said:

Hey while we're hear, did anyone see the horseshit trailer for the new Indy film? Looks like the woman is the lead, she's got Hermione's time turner thing, and capitalism is stealing yo. Step aside Shia, the shit's about to be shittier. 

Ngl I hated the thought of a new Indy film but the trailer looked really good tbh. I'm glad they are going in a different direction than the last one. I'm not in love with the idea of deep fakes becoming so prominent in movies but this movie is nostalgia first so it doesn't bother me as much. 

The movie might turn out to be shit but I can't say the trailer looks bad at all. 

23 hours ago, Saucer said:

You like those films? And you don't think the critics were also playing politics with their scores? lol

The only exaggerated score on there is for TLA but there are two other SW movies with the same cast and story that have lower scores. I hate TLA but I can't say it wasn't a well made film that does have a couple legit sequences. 

The others are 6.5-7/10 movies. GD isn't wrong, the user scores on both were most likely bombed by insecure men. 

21 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Except this movie is unwatchable for anyone smarter than a dog.

I think some of yall need to realize you're old. I can't even sit through a Minions movie trailer but kids like it for some reason. It's not for me or my age group, that's fine. In a perfect world all family movies would be like the Sonic or Pokémon live action movies but it is what it is. 

I still love laughing at Nintendo but some of yall are a little too stuck in your SW personas. Y'all should be rooting for every videogame show or movie. Any bad movie or show hurts the chances of getting good too and vice versa. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I think some of yall need to realize you're old. I can't even sit through a Minions movie trailer but kids like it for some reason. It's not for me or my age group, that's fine. In a perfect world all family movies would be like the Sonic or Pokémon live action movies but it is what it is. 

I still love laughing at Nintendo but some of yall are a little too stuck in your SW personas. Y'all should be rooting for every videogame show or movie. Any bad movie or show hurts the chances of getting good too and vice versa. 

First, as I've said I have a kid, I take him to see kids movies. All indications are that this movie is barely functional as a movie. Good kids movies can be great if they are well made and well told. This ain't it.

Second, I totally disagree that we should root for every game adaptation to film. The track record for videogame based films is bleak. This reputation for shittiness makes it harder for skillful creators to go for it. A good writer/director is reluctant test this stigma. It also encourages mediocre analysis like we saw with The Last of Us, headlines like "the first good videogame movie???". Mainstream writers were talking about pacman and shit rather than previewing what's actually interesting in the game.

Do you think the DOOM movie was good for videogames in the culture?

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

First, as I've said I have a kid, I take him to see kids movies. All indications are that this movie is barely functional as a movie. Good kids movies can be great if they are well made and well told. This ain't it.

Second, I totally disagree that we should root for every game adaptation to film. The track record for videogame based films is bleak. This reputation for shittiness makes it harder for skillful creators to go for it. A good writer/director is reluctant test this stigma. It also encourages mediocre analysis like we saw with The Last of Us, headlines like "the first good videogame movie???". Mainstream writers were talking about pacman and shit rather than previewing what's actually interesting in the game.

Rooting for them be good is different than pretending something bad is good. You don't care for Nintendo so that may be playing a part in your reaction here. 

43 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Rooting for them be good is different than pretending something bad is good. You don't care for Nintendo so that may be playing a part in your reaction here. 

I have nostalgic love for Mario, and I thought Detective Pikachu was fine.

On 4/7/2023 at 3:49 PM, Saucer said:

:tom:yeah, its not like Indiana Jones movies are known for having tough women who go along with Indy fighting guys, and helping solve mysteries, and being strong women types.

LOL he goes out of his way to bring it up in a Mario movie thread. New Incel-topic, FRESH OUTTA THE OVEN!

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

that guy actively wants Nintendo to fail at something, ANYTHING.

He literally thought we would be embarrassed if a CGI movie, clearly meant for kids, might not be critically acclaimed by professional movie critics.

Look at how much he's typed so far in this thread.

• NPC 1
3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

This... I don't care for any kids movie because surprise surprise it isn't geared towards me or my age group.  I have a young son who shocker likes kids movies... Saw it today with him... He enjoyed it. 

To me it was just another kids movie. 

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:tom:yeah, its not like Indiana Jones movies are known for having tough women who go along with Indy fighting guys, and helping solve mysteries, and being strong women types.

LOL he goes out of his way to bring it up in a Mario movie thread. New Incel-topic, FRESH OUTTA THE OVEN!

It's funny, out of curiosity I checked out the trailer reactions in the comment section. 

On the official Lucasfilm site the comments are almost all positive. It's mostly people who love the character, John Williams and looking forward to a last adventure and hope this is a fitting send off. 

On the IGN channel it's literally the opposite in every way possible. Half of them complaining about the line about "capitalism". Ever since #gamergate the gaming community became a joke. 

3 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

The reputation for video games movies is that they're not a huge box office draw.  Even when they're good adaptations like the first MK movie. 

From all indications this will be the biggest videogame movie ever its on pace to open at over a quarter billion.... On opening weekend alone.  

That's a win for videogame movies everywhere. 

The Indians Jones trailer owned. The music was epic and someone else being behind the camera other than Spielberg should be good especially James Mangold (Logan). The score literally made feel emotional. I love Indy and his adventures are some of my favorite films. It seriously can’t be worse than Crystal Skull and Shia. Also, Phoebe Waller-Bridges owns. You need to watch Fleabag if you think otherwise. Not to mention the entirety of Raiders he had Marion with him.