Sony's handheld device rumored to be cloud based.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course it's streaming do people expect Sony to waste time and resources making games for a handheld. Even Nintendo merged both their handheld and console business into one.   This will be

It's pretty obvious that Sony would never make a dedicated handheld after Vita. We're people really excited for a PS4 level Vita 2? Doubt it.

Anyone expecting a vita 2 or a dedicated handheld waw beyond delusional. 

19 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Last I checked Sony's cloud streaming sucked dick. Did something change? I can confirm PS5 lan remote play is much improved over PS4.

I assume it will have dedicated hardware ala Wii U pad for remote play. A USB dongle would be awesome for that but I doubt it would happen.

Edited by Team 2019
46 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Last I checked Sony's cloud streaming sucked dick. Did something change? I can confirm PS5 lan remote play is much improved over PS4.

It’s better and I’ve been following ever since it came into fruition. At home it works, but abroad it’s not worth a shit.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

ugh this would suck

LOL if that sucks, then so does the Steam Deck.

Because the main reason I hear for people advocating the Steam Deck is that its people saying they get to play their indie PC games from their Steam library around the house.

The rumor about a stream-based Playstation handheld has been around for a few years, and that would be a perfect device to play your non-AAA playstation arcade games around the house.

A couple of weeks ago, I lent my unused SteamLink to my friend so he can play his computer games upstairs. And I helped him set it up, and I tested it by him loading up Super Meat Boy.

I was actually able to beat a few of the levels in the first world, and the boss. And that is with 2015-2016 wifi tech.

4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Isn't Sony streaming movie to Azure anyways.

I remember this “partnership” being established, but I can’t recall it going any further. I’ll have to take a packet capture and see exactly where PS games are being streamed from these days. It used to be AWS.

Completely forgot about their “memorandum”.

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

I wonder if it be 120hz. The 1080p games would be great for that. Especially with Pro coming.

60Hz, IMO, is the best you’re going to get. Any higher refresh rate is going to cost too much.